Game Day Round 1 vs. Sydney, MCG, 7:40pm Fri 15/03

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh stop it!!!!
That’s a rubbish call and you know it.
Imagine if Murphy was in the same contest and Henry went to ground…

Like that you want Dean to succeed…and we all do. But that was a deplorable effort.
I would expect better from Murphy because he is a more experienced player.

Ffs play Frampton - my ******* Lord he could at least play as a defensive forward which is more than Johnson has offered. Not sure what Johnson did to warrant a second game?

Macrae must start next week - looked sharp and disposal was nice. Took too long to make the move.

Charlie Dean needs help.

Worst game Checkers has played?

Markov back to the sub.

Crisp dog full time mid please.

Close to the worst performance under Fly? Around 70 points given up on turnover lol ******* hell.

Without being cruel this is the worst opening two matches I can remember from a reigning premier?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

That excuse doesn't hold much water when you consider that GWS started on 26 Nov (after only wrapping up their 2023 season one week earlier) and both Sydney and Collingwood started Nov 28.

We managed to do the same as last week though getting the margin back to 5 goals so not a total disaster scoreboard-wise.

We'll need to come out hard and make a statement against the Stains next week.
you think all the other teams weren't doing extra work prior to official preseason launch? we were still partying and travelling. Some players went overseas this year! Players get looked after big time these days. Won a flag, get treated like a king. Make no mistake about it, we're very very very underdone.

you think all the other teams weren't doing extra work prior to official preseason launch? we were still partying and travelling. Some players went overseas this year! Players get looked after big time these days. Won a flag, get treated like a king. Make no mistake about it, we're very very very underdone.
Also, we do have a few more older players who get the extra time off.

Looking at the stats, Pies tackling and inside 50s are way down to their norm... so this is literally a definition of a bad game... but Swans look good.

GWS I think has higher ceiling.... as a team.

But I think both NSW teams are top 4 material... and deep into September if healthy.
Yep, fell off tackles all night. Worst game from Sidey for years too.

Dean was at fault for half a dozen goals last week and again this week
Our defence is a shambles because we’re playing with one man down
No Noble, Frampton or Murphy

If you want to blood in a rookie you don’t throw him in against two sides who most think will be top 4 this season especially when you’ve got Frampton available
Either way Dean is a spud and hopefully is delisted end of season
Ash is no good either but he’s ok as a squad player to rotate him though the season, playing vs some of the weaker sides in the comp

No idea why most people underrate Frampton, should never have been dropped late last season
No idea why Noble can’t get a game

It’s not a hard fix
We will get better as the season goes on
And we need to find that hunger again

Oh stop it!!!!
That’s a rubbish call and you know it.
Imagine if Murphy was in the same contest and Henry went to ground…

Like that you want Dean to succeed…and we all do. But that was a deplorable effort.
Dean should never have been left one out with a player like Heeney. Maynard or even Markov should have had that contest. Leaving your rookie team mate playing his 2nd game deep in the goal square against a terrific player like Heeney showed where are leaders where at. No organisation to help & protect him. I’m fine with replacing him with Frampton next week. But as a team we threw him to the wolves on several occasions by letting opponents take him deep without assistance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would expect better from Murphy because he is a more experienced player.
I’d expect ANY player to win that contest.
If you want to give a break….welcome to 9-15th!!

Problem with Dean is that he spent his whole night searching for the body and not once backed himself to just take mark. That’s been his downfall to date.
Great learning. But if he can’t win a 1v1…..he just can’t play in the side.
Unless we’re happy with leaking goals everywhere for the sake of development.

Dean should never have been left one out with a player like Heeney. Maynard or even Markov should have had that contest. Leaving your rookie team mate playing his 2nd game deep in the goal square against a terrific player like Heeney showed where are leaders where at. No organisation to help & protect him. I’m fine with replacing him with Frampton next week. But as a team we threw him to the wolves on several occasions by letting opponents take him deep without assistance.
As much as we don’t want that….at some point you’re going to have to win the 1v1.
Well do all we can to stop it….but can’t all the time.
Losing that contest, against a guy 10cm shorter and who fell over….really? We’re ok with blaming everyone else?

If you’re asking for assistance in that play….then might as well play Noble at FB……

Guy absolutely ain’t up to the speed of AFL. Not a death knock. Just a reality.

Thread close, take it here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back