Unofficial Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 3 vs. Richmond MCG Fri 31/03, 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. The immediate coming off and the heavy bandaging with blood seeping through in the rooms after the game yells compound fracture dislocation. If so will be surgically repaired over the weekend and six weeks out as my guess.
I was hoping that it was just a dislocation and split webbing ☹️

Could be, we are guessing and looking at the hand the are blood streaks around, not fully cleaned, which could be webbing. However where the blood has seeped through the bandage is right over the middle finger joint which doesnt go with webbing

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230325_174303_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20230325_174303_WhatsApp.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 117
Pretty sure there’s no medical evidence to base that on. Thomas had the exact same operation with no repercussions. More likely is that Berg was genetically predisposed to ACL injuries given his older brother had multiple knees go on him too iirc.
The foot bone's connected to the leg bone.
The leg bone's connected to the knee bone.
The knee bone's connected to the thigh bone.
Doin' the skeleton dance.
The thigh bone's connected to the hip bone.
The hip bone's connected to the backbone.
The backbone's connected to the neck bone.

What more medical evidence do you need?

Last edited:
Depending on Checkers finger injury, you would think Johnson comes in....

Would love to give Allan a run in this game too, but can't really drop anyone from the midfield brigade.

Unless we want to give McInnes a full game, and bring Allan in as the sub.

Out: Mihocek (inj)
In: Johnson/McInnes, Allan (sub)
Allan looked like a rolls Royce in the VFL, but a rolls being driven by a kid on L plates. I think his debut will be a while away

Reef needs a full game. But AJ is a more like for like replacement for Mihocek if he doesn't get up.
Not sure if that's true. With Reef you'll still get the aggression and ground level game to go with an aerial contest.

Johnson was excellent in the VFL though.

I don’t see how Mihocek’s injury isn’t serious. It’s not natural for a player to look at a hand and run straight off - unless he sees something bad.

That there was blood showing through the dressing ain’t a good sign.
Fly is very straight in his responses. He said it was a dislocation and he expects him to play. I'll take his word for it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reef needs a full game, so I'd give it to him. Fly wants to see more from Johnson over multiple weeks.
If Fly wants to see consistency from AJ over multiple weeks I'd imagine he'd want to see the same from Ginnivan, given he's coming back from a club suspension and hasn't played footy since last year.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Fly wants to see consistency from AJ over multiple weeks I'd imagine he'd want to see the same from Ginnivan, given he's coming back from a club suspension and hasn't played footy since last year.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Different story. AJ is out of the team due to preseason form. Ginni due to a suspension. They're not going to continue to punish Ginnivan after his suspension is up. I don't think Ginnivan will come straight back in, but that won't be about him needing to show a block of good performance.

Different story. AJ is out of the team due to preseason form. Ginni due to a suspension. They're not going to continue to punish Ginnivan after his suspension is up. I don't think Ginnivan will come straight back in, but that won't be about him needing to show a block of good performance.
True, the consequence of doing something stupid and being suspended is that now, you have given up your spot in the team to someone else, and you won't get that back until there is an opening for you. That means if Hill, WHE, McCreary, etc keep playing well, you will just have to keep playing well in the VFL until an opprtunity comes..

Any of the results against Coburg are going to be a little inflated. Coburg have a weaker list and it's not the same as playing Casey or some of the stronger VFL sides.

Johnson and Macrae looked good. It's really a matter of when Macrae steps up to the AFL - he's starring in the VFL. Ed Allan and Jakob Ryan had influence - both look like draft steals. I don't know about Murley. He kicked two goals, yes, but it was a day when goals came easily for the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back