Unofficial Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 3 vs. Richmond MCG Fri 31/03, 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
play the kids
Glad those days are over. I was saying that most weeks from 2012-2017 and then again throughout 2020 and 2021.

The kids will get their opportunity eventually, but right now everyone in the side is performing. Our bottom 6 are all solid players and we have quality players waiting in the wings.

So much to happy about at the moment. This season is already shaping up to be even better than last year. Good times.

Ginni is not a super star, he needs to fight his way back into the team. Let’s remember he was suspended for drug taking I’m sure there’s plenty of players who are pissed at him and won’t be too happy if he’s straight back. There’s no spot for him anyway. Let’s hope he accepts the VFL games better than Ollie the sook did last season.

It's like when Buckley starts commenting, stats after stats after stats....sometimes its just about watching the game. 😂
Stats don't tell the whole story. Never have and never will. I stop reading when people just rattle off stats as it's obvious they're not very astute observers of the game (likely didn't even actually watch the game). There's so many things players do that aren't reflected in the stats.

A

Absolutely no chance.

It took Josh Daicos years to secure his place on the wing.
Crisp took years to crack it as a midfield regular (before that he had to accept a job in defence).
Noble and Quaynor, both wingers have to shut up and be happy to get a role in defence.
Adams, a midfield beast (quasi-captain) has to time share with Mitchell.
DeGoey is now the King of The Guts.
Yet, a slow, non tackling, non marking, albeit clever goal-sneak is now going to join the midfield rotation? McRae and McInness have been rehearsing for years.
Not a hope.
Ginnivan will spend a year in the VFL, reformatting his game, appreciating his opportunities and praying for injuries/loss of form.
Josh Daicos took years because Bucks proffered static ball movement.

Crisp’s first couple of years here were in the midfield and was moved back afterwards.

Quaynor was never a winger.

I'm not talking short term. I just think he's an outstanding talent who is most physically suited to the midfield, so that's where he'll end up playing his best footy. Short term I think he's playing some VFL, until we have a couple of injuries.
He will need to transform himself. Let’s see if he’s up for the challenge. He most likely is; given he loves proving people wrong. He just needs to stay focused and keep away from the Morten Bay bugs.

Fingers are no issue for other clubs. We tend to be 12 weeks when we get one
My memory of Twiggy Dunne was that a broken thumb washed up his career. He was never the same player after he resumed. That's my recall of it and all the statistics and facts in the world are not going to alter my perception of the career fade inflicted by a broken thumb on the stick-insect like CHF.

We don't have much luck with toes either. The fileting of Scharenberg's toes had a domino effect on his legs. That's how I choose to remember it.

Don't we have someone now with a toe problem? Dean or someone like that?

He will need to transform himself. Let’s see if he’s up for the challenge. He most likely is; given he loves proving people wrong. He just needs to stay focused and keep away from the Morten Bay bugs.
Needs to really up the endurance. He'll play a lot of seniors up forward over the next couple of years, but longer term I think a Sidey, Josh Daicos type role is his go. Similar balance, awareness, skills and like them just thinks so quickly and clearly.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs to really up the endurance. He'll play a lot of seniors up forward over the next couple of years, but longer term I think a Sidey, Josh Daicos type role is his go. Similar balance, awareness, skills and like them just thinks so quickly and clearly.
Allen, McInness, Ryan, McRae, Daicoses, Carmichael, McCreery, Hill, Lipinski, Harrison… he’s gotta go past these guys.
Let’s see how he approaches the next few weeks. If Ginnivan can put together a dominant month in the reserves, it will be good for him and great for our club.

Allen, McInness, Ryan, McRae, Daicoses, Carmichael, McCreery, Hill, Lipinski, Harrison… he’s gotta go past these guys.
Let’s see how he approaches the next few weeks. If Ginnivan can put together a dominant month in the reserves, it will be good for him and great for our club.
He's a long way ahead of many of those guys.

No change with Reef to play some game time at VFL level next Saturday night if he plays less than a half again against the Tigers on the Friday.

I believe the rules allow for that and surely that's the most common sense solution rather than omitting McInnes entirely because he could benefit from a full game.

If Mihocek doesn't recover then it's a flip of the coin between McInnes and Johnson for mine as to who replaces him within the 22.

Johnson has shown his contested marking ability already at AFL level while McInnes should have the better ground level game. McInnes would be more reliant at this stage on being hit up on a lead while Johnson is an aerial threat.

OUT: 2-0
IN: 3-0

bird GIF

Depending on Checkers finger injury, you would think Johnson comes in....

Would love to give Allan a run in this game too, but can't really drop anyone from the midfield brigade.

Unless we want to give McInnes a full game, and bring Allan in as the sub.

Out: Mihocek (inj)
In: Johnson/McInnes, Allan (sub)

Would love to give Allan a run in this game too, but can't really drop anyone from the midfield brigade.

I don’t see how Mihocek’s injury isn’t serious. It’s not natural for a player to look at a hand and run straight off - unless he sees something bad.

That there was blood showing through the dressing ain’t a good sign.

This is spot on

My memory of Twiggy Dunne was that a broken thumb washed up his career. He was never the same player after he resumed. That's my recall of it and all the statistics and facts in the world are not going to alter my perception of the career fade inflicted by a broken thumb on the stick-insect like CHF.

We don't have much luck with toes either. The fileting of Scharenberg's toes had a domino effect on his legs. That's how I choose to remember it.

Don't we have someone now with a toe problem? Dean or someone like that?
Pretty sure there’s no medical evidence to base that on. Thomas had the exact same operation with no repercussions. More likely is that Berg was genetically predisposed to ACL injuries given his older brother had multiple knees go on him too iirc.

I don’t see how Mihocek’s injury isn’t serious. It’s not natural for a player to look at a hand and run straight off - unless he sees something bad.

That there was blood showing through the dressing ain’t a good sign.
Agree. The immediate coming off and the heavy bandaging with blood seeping through in the rooms after the game yells compound fracture dislocation. If so will be surgically repaired over the weekend and six weeks out as my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back