Game Day Round 8 vs. Carlton, MCG, 7:40pm Fri 03/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out: De Goey, Mitchell
In: Sullivan, Markov
Sub: Sidebottom

Would be my guess
Mine to and I can’t be arsed with the carryon over Macrae missing out! Although I’d debate Steele as sub with Mitchell and JDG out.

Crisp played mid and forward last week. So this week will be no different, which means we'll still need an extra mid (dont think he really played HB last week)

Nick
Pendles
Crisp
Sullivan
Macrae

Should be the rotations.
Not if we see more midfield minutes from the likes of Lipinski, Maynard or McReery. I think the above mix would spell trouble given the inexperience…

Sent son link to article re JDG and Mitch - his response below 🙁 - sent him to a good school too....

View attachment 1976077
An appropriate response. Although if you ask people here our VFL team will get the job done. I don't live in that world though. I have a great deal of anxiety about this game because of who we're playing.

Macrae given one full game (which he was subbed out from), and has been shelved for the rest of the season it appears

How about give him a solid run and see what he can do
They haven't said Fin isn't definitely playing, have they? Or have I missed that announcement?

Crisp played mid and forward last week. So this week will be no different, which means we'll still need an extra mid (dont think he really played HB last week)

Nick
Pendles
Crisp
Sullivan
Macrae

Should be the rotations.
That’s a young and inexperienced mix… I’d also be surprised if we brought both Sullivan and Macrae in to the midfield with Maynard, Lipinski and McReery already in the 23.

Not if we see more midfield minutes from the likes of Lipinski, Maynard or McReery. I think the above mix would spell trouble given the inexperience…
I didn't see maynard or McCreery do any CB today
Lippa more likely to go to the wing I think. Wing and forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have only said that Sullivan will play.
The team hasn't been announced yet.
Because he's debuting.. they like to make a fuss of debutants & announce it early so they can enjoy it. That doesn't necessarily mean Fin won't play. We're down 2 mids.

I don't mind them giving Sullivan a go this week though. I don't think they've ruled Fin out forever if he isn't selected for this match.

I refuse to be swayed from my confidence that we'll win this. All these outs and ins just make it more interesting.

We're on a roll, in case you hadn't noticed, with the draw against Essendon a minor blip.

Games against the Blues often have surprising results - either way. Friday night, MCG, big crowd - dismiss us at your peril.

Nick
Pendles
Crisp
Sullivan
Macrae

Should be the rotations.
That is a very weak midfield. Agree with other posters we need to be a bit more creative to ensure we don't get killed in the contest.
Guys like Lipinski, Maynard, Josh and Sidey need a look here.

That is the risk, of course. Inexperience,
Why take the risk though with experienced bodies available?
Agree. RIP if that's what we are putting up.
I’ve been on the she’ll be right train this week, but if we went with that group as our prime movers I’d be loading up on Carlton. That’s ignoring the mix to give Macrae a look, IMO.

I’m personally confident Macrae gets overlooked with Sullivan coming in though because going with both is a massive departure from what we’ve done under Fly.

They haven't said Fin isn't definitely playing, have they? Or have I missed that announcement?
Everyone here seems to think Markov is close to a lock based on training.

HH probably gets a game in the 22 ahead of him seeing as he was sub last week as well (and did a very job)

Everyone here seems to think Markov is close to a lock based on training.

HH probably gets a game in the 22 ahead of him seeing as he was sub last week as well (and did a very job)
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised about Leggy either. Makes sense if Pendles, Daicos, Crisp need to spend more time mid & not HB as they do sometimes. Also if they're thinking of giving Bruz a go in the mid, as he trained in there a bit on Monday apparently. Gives them more options, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back