Game Day Round 8 vs. Carlton, MCG, 7:40pm Fri 03/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I refuse to be swayed from my confidence that we'll win this. All these outs and ins just make it more interesting.

We're on a roll, in case you hadn't noticed, with the draw against Essendon a minor blip.

Games against the Blues often have surprising results - either way. Friday night, MCG, big crowd - dismiss us at your peril.
Thanks, VP.
I needed that.

I refuse to be swayed from my confidence that we'll win this. All these outs and ins just make it more interesting.

We're on a roll, in case you hadn't noticed, with the draw against Essendon a minor blip.

Games against the Blues often have surprising results - either way. Friday night, MCG, big crowd - dismiss us at your peril.
I'm really hoping these outs provides the impetus for some (all) of the players who have been down on form to lift.

Lots of gang tackling & record breaking pressure from us. Please. 🙏

De Goey's been shite all season anyway. Let him rest and get his groin right
Just reaching for a positive out of a negative. I'm hoping our strategy is swooping like pesty magpies on Cripps and Walsh creating turnovers and dirty clearances where our outside runners can swoop and propel the ball forward where it stays by utilising our elite forward pressure. Pressure sustenance is the key on Friday, Cripps and co need to be double tackled on possession all night.

I'm really hoping these outs provides the impetus for some (all) of the players who have been down on form to lift.

Lots of gang tackling & record breaking pressure from us. Please. 🙏

This is the point - some of our best players from 2023 have been shockingly down on form. Yet we’ve only lost one more game than Carlton.

If we can find that form again - it has to be around here somewhere🤪 - then we win. Simples.

Macrae given one full game (which he was subbed out from), and has been shelved for the rest of the season it appears

How about give him a solid run and see what he can do

It makes the decision to let Adams go all that more frustrating.

We're missing the second in and under mid this year.

Changed my mind...with JDG and Titch both missing, we won't rest Sidey. He'll play in the 22, and knowing him, he will play a great leaders' game, just when we need him to.
I think, with two mids out, we have to replace both, as our midfield looks undermanned even with both JDG and Titch in. I think we might select HH in the 22, and think we will select Fin in the 22 as well. Sullivan I think will debut as sub. As others have mentioned, our midfield will be reinforced and changed up by running others through, like Beau and Bruzza. Another midfielder as sub will be advisable to potentially replace exhausted players who have spent extra time running through the midfield.

De Goey's been shite all season anyway. Let him rest and get his groin right
Just reaching for a positive out of a negative. I'm hoping our strategy is swooping like pesty magpies on Cripps and Walsh creating turnovers and dirty clearances where our outside runners can swoop and propel the ball forward where it stays by utilising our elite forward pressure. Pressure sustenance is the key on Friday, Cripps and co need to be double tackled on possession all night.
Tend to agree...according to Champion Data, JDG is one of the foremost in the AFL to have dropped off (at least statistically) from his 2023 form. His first quarters, according to CD have been red hot, but after that he has typically been lacking impact. We need him in his finest form, and so getting him right physically is a top priority.

Changed my mind...with JDG and Titch both missing, we won't rest Sidey. He'll play in the 22, and knowing him, he will play a great leaders' game, just when we need him to.
I think, with two mids out, we have to replace both, as our midfield looks undermanned even with both JDG and Titch in. I think we might select HH in the 22, and think we will select Fin in the 22 as well. Sullivan I think will debut as sub. As others have mentioned, our midfield will be reinforced and changed up by running others through, like Beau and Bruzza. Another midfielder as sub will be advisable to potentially replace exhausted players who have spent extra time running through the midfield.
This is the way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back