Game Day Round 8 vs. Geelong @ MCG – 7:30 pm AEST

Will Scythe be correct on this occasion?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Tbh we aren’t bombing the ball at all, the issue is we are turning it over with short kicks
Content on winning the game with defense. Stil moving it far too slow and when we try and move it fast we turn it over or fumble easy opportunities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are trying to not just launch it which I’m fine with, the issue is we’ve created good chances that qtr but burned all of them. It doesn’t help our mids still suck.
It just seems they fix one thing, or try and address it, and a different part of the game drops off for them.

Oliver's hand is still not right and he's 4 or 5 weeks off getting back to his old form I reckon, not sure who plays instead of him though.

We are trying to not just launch it which I’m fine with, the issue is we’ve created good chances that qtr but burned all of them. It doesn’t help our mids still suck.
Im very miserable I know, getting zero enjoyment out of beating Geelong, never would have thought that was possible. I think they have killed footy for me.

Not entirely sure how to feel.

You can see how we're trying to play, and it'd be frustrating the hell out of Geelong, but at some stage, you NEED to execute inside 50, otherwise it's just another version of controlling the game and losing.

I'll give Goody some ups for obviously coming in with a plan for the oppo, but it's pretty grim watching us go to water ahead of the ball yet again.

That was an absolutely awful quarter to watch.
Really? Both sides missed some shots but otherwise there are great contests all over the ground. We are doing well to curb Cameron, Miers, Jack Henry, Stewart who have torn sides apart through 7 rounds. Given Scott something to think about at the very least.

Back