Review Round 9, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. Adelaide

Who were your five best players against Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the main reason regard for Berry hasn't kept tracking up is because he hasn't got the midfield minutes thistle year that he was getting last year, after the recruitment of Neale and Lyons, in part because he has more strings to his bow. Once we see him back there full time he'll be back to same breath material.

I think Clug will continue to get more wow reactions and praise because his best is unreal and his game is outside - whereas Berry's development is going to be as more of an inside player. Super happy with both of them.

Good on Robbo.

Courier Mail is an absolute disgrace.

You are too kind. Absolute disgrace is much too positive to describe that Murdoch piece of filth. Even some of its journalists, the few that are left, are embarrassed to say they work there. I know of two who rejected offers to work there in preference to working PR jobs at energy and pharmaceutical companies because it felt like they were selling their souls less than working at the CM.

It is just about the worst masthead in the Murdoch stable, and that is some very stiff competition! It really is that bad.

May that rag slowly leak cashflow until it is just a shell of irrelevance and everyone ignores it.

I'm not worried about Berry. I reckon he's one full preseason away from breaking out.
Both Berry's. Jarrod lost a bit with glandular fever but feel his running compact is about back to normal and Thomas just needs that bit more muscle but he is already really hurting players with his tackles in the NEAFL. We will be talking about the Berry boys for a long time.

I think Clug will continue to get more wow reactions and praise because his best is unreal and his game is outside - whereas Berry's development is going to be as more of an inside player. Super happy with both of them.
Plenty of guys get plaudits for their inside work - guys like Danger, Judd and Fyfe all did their damage in the middle generally. Berry might not get the wow, but he can definitely reap the praise if he gets the opportunity to play like he did last year at times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our pressure was next level, hope we can start bringing something around that level each week. We also need to start making teams work harder for goals against us crows scored too easily yesterday, we need to make our scores count more.

Also worst umpiring performance I've ever seen against us, some how got even worse in the final two minutes as well (Keath specky attempt on McStay didn't touch the ball not a free, McStay tackle on brown after he tried to fend him off not holding the ball) don't usually get fired up about umpires but that was the worst I've ever seen.
Agreed - I was at the game and was non-plussed at some of the soft frees the Crows received. Have just watched the Replay and this usually brings more balance to my emotions on the day but not this time - it was even worse than what I thought at the game...just an appalling display by the men in green.

Absolute farce if Rich doesn't make the All Australian team if he continues his vein of form.

Hope Fagan pushes the agenda a bit more in the media too when it comes down to it towards the end of the season.
As I said elsewhere, the concern I have is that even a lot in the media aren’t recognising his amazing year. Not selected in the WA team this week on AFL.com.au when a Vic, Allies and SA teams were also named and still hasn’t been mentioned in the Sunday Footy Show’s rolling week to week AA side.

Sadly, I just can’t see anyone pushing his cause.

Similarly, last year Harris Andrews probably wouldn’t have made it, even without Cameron caving in his head. No doubt Darcy Moore will be gifted a spot this year on the back of a couple of good games when Collingwood has no competition.

Lachie Neale and Daniel Rich if they continue this form should be locks for AA this season.

If Harris Andrews plays out the year he'd be another chance you would think, Hugh McCluggage a smokie as well.

As I said elsewhere, the concern I have is that even a lot in the media aren’t recognising his amazing year. Not selected in the WA team this week on AFL.com.au when a Vic, Allies and SA teams were also named and still hasn’t been mentioned in the Sunday Footy Show’s rolling week to week AA side.

Sadly, I just can’t see anyone pushing his cause.
I expect he'll probably make the AA squad, but I agree for the same reasons as to why he won't make the side.

We take a scalp at home. A big scalp - I rate the Crows highly esp. coming off half back. Solid onballers and kpps . And we beat them over the journey. Quite well actually - with a pretty raw defence and dubious accuracy. Was @ game last week where we just rolled over when the Dogs go their running game going .. so small steps. Gabba a fortress then on the road. Pity for us Vics who get the rough end of performances but , after so many years of irrelevance, puts a spring into you step for the next week.

Raynor - surely a good high possession game in reserves would help him. If he's that good, he should shred. And good play by others MUST be rewarded. Otherwise why bother.

Vital win. I have the boys losing next week before back to back wins going into the bye.

Top 4 woot! Should be in 32 points going into the bye...top stuff!

I have us on 3/4 or 4/4 before bye. After western bulldogs game, we have a decent run in my view until Gaints in round 16.

Back