Autopsy Round 9, 2022: Hawks chewed on by Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Some good periods, but some really sloppy periods too.

Nothing that we don't already know, but getting carved up like that from the centre bounces will always cause major headaches.

Go at it.

Great game by Nash provided a yelp in the middle when no one else was, 7 clearances for the day.
Day still finding fitness cramped up late, added some physicality to his game ~ lead our team in tackles
Impey's best game for the year, thats the Impey we know.
Wingard awful until he moved into the middle where he added the spark we were missing.
Kosi was brilliant, shows the importance of getting Reeves back into the team
Newcombe brilliant start and then went off the boil again, once he builds his fitness he will be something else ~ Lyon grated me with his negativity
Lewis kept going from where he left off.

Unfortunately, this season we went into the season a little risky with three rucks, and the gods of fortune have seen fit to press every bit of pressure into that small wound.

Middle again is where our games are lost. Will be a tale all year, but well done to the boys to bring some respectability back into the scoreline.

We need to really rework our mids and build some proper ruck depth in the offseason.

EDIT: Feel a bit sorry for Worps. He's copping the criticism which is fair, but I imagine he's not quite sure how to get himself out of this rut. Not sure how you solve his lost form - I feel putting him in Box Hill doesn't really help.

Great to have Mitch Lewis back. Pity Gunston went down.

Great also to see Day and MacDonald getting centre bounce time.

How do you go from winning the best & fairest award in your second season to not being in the top 10 best young players at the club under 23? Worpel should spend a month in the VFL until he learns to work on all aspects of his game.

Disappointing result and some really poor patches, but Tigers are still a quality side and we are still early stages of a rebuild.

I think it’s clear wins and losses are pretty meaningless for the club this year, and for the most part I still love the way we are going about it.

Plenty of positives and some actual fight when we have rolled over and died in last quarter's previously.

Getting CJ back will make a big difference for us. Should free up Bramble and give us better rebound.

Midfield needs a big lift however. Midseason draft may be important if there is some ready made players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know I shouldn't be frustrated, but it annoys me how at the flick of a switch this team just stops for long periods. We seem to run well with teams and then bang we are all over shop can't even do the simplest of things. Anyway the joy of rebuilding from the ground up I guess.

I actually thought there were some really positive signs that game. Obviously our midfield and key defensive stocks are a worry but ignoring that:

Will Day’s performance makes me thing with another preseason and some conditioning he’ll be a jet mid.
CMac some very important wins especially in the last quarter.
Wingard's best position is a high impact mid.
Koschitzke shows promise as a forward/ruck. Didn’t expect that.
Newcombe will be a beast when he builds his tank.

We've got a lot to work on and some things are really sloppy but if we adopt a long-term outlook don't think things are that bad. That was basically Richmond's full strength side.

We are a really fun to watch this year.

Really charged back when Wingard went into the middle. In fact, every time he did the game shifted in our favour.

Just big gaps in the midfield. Whether it's personnel or strategy or both.
Yep, loving watching this team and seeing a really bright future.

Man, Gunners was nearly BOG when he got injured.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back