Autopsy Round 9 2024 – Essendon vs GWS Giants, Saturday 11 May, 4.35pm AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Bad option off the mark from Briggs ... handpass to Taylor who had no-one free to kick it to ... had to go for a contest, which we lose and set up a kick for goal. One of too many times in that quarter.

Hope our recruiters are combing every competition for a ruck who deserves and wants an opportunity.

We are bottom of top 8, at best, unless we can get more use of the ball out of the centre/stoppages.

Briggs is playing like someone who needs a break (or at least a rocket).

I’m not saying there’s some link between XO and this worrying little patch, but he wasn’t the bloke I’d be dropping given the soft underbelly we’re displaying. And not sure what Peatling did wrong either, had been impressed with his clearance work.

Has Bedford played a good game all year? Cadman as expected still super inconsistent. And that’s fine, but as a challenging team he’s not the answer. He will be, but he isn’t right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whitfield 17 disposals - being shut out.

Kelly - 14 disposals - moments of brilliance but goes missing too often for a million dollar player

Bedford 13, Daniels 12, Callaghan 11, Cadman 3 (??!!)

Too many passengers.

I’m not saying there’s some link between XO and this worrying little patch, but he wasn’t the bloke I’d be dropping given the soft underbelly we’re displaying. And not sure what Peatling did wrong either, had been impressed with his clearance work.

Has Bedford played a good game all year? Cadman as expected still super inconsistent. And that’s fine, but as a challenging team he’s not the answer. He will be, but he isn’t right now.

The obsession with playing the mosquito fleet has backfired. Bedford should not be in the centre square. If his form is not good enough as a small fwd he should go out of the team. We start losing contested ball and clearances and lose matches. We need harder bodies in the midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back