Game Day Round 9, 2024 : Hawks v Saints, 1:45pm UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to get this long sky ball into the 50 out of Day’s game. Such a clean player otherwise.
Is it not a ploy to make sure that we compete and bring the ball to ground?

I’m not even worried about the result today, I am just really happy that our effort and ability to play team football has improved over the past few weeks and we look like a footy club that is going somewhere.

Been some really good signs the last fortnight and yeah it’s going to be full of ups and downs over the next 5 years but I am well and truly here for it.

Can’t wait to watch these kids do something special one day.

We fell back into our classic bomb it long to no-one in that second term. I'm sure the coaches will be highlighting that in the half time meeting and wanting us to lower our eyes and be more methodical in our forward entries.

Felt like after the Mitchell 50 we lost a lot of that positive ball movement and went more defensive. Always tricky with a young team to reset and focus after conceding an easy goal, especially when it's a low scoring Ross Lyon flooding game.

still a looooong way to go in this game.

Somehow St Kilda would have felt like the last half of the second quarter was a positive for them.
Would be great to get a goal or two early just to crush their confidence.

On top of Ross Lyon being one of the coaches today, this game is also played in Tassie which for some reason has a 10% drop in skill and game quality regardless of who is playing.

Low and hard does that with the added bonus of not being outmarked in the air.
Low and hard to who though? I feel like we value groundball crumbing rather than leading up at the player, and risking a quick rebound.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back