Unofficial Preview Round 9 - Bloods vs Saints 1 Aug @ 5.10 PM @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not like I'm spilling his details on here just thought people would be interested

I'd suggest having an operation would fall under "spilling his details".

Not meaning to be a dick, but what I mean is that if you work at a hospital, you should be careful about what you decide to divulge.

The Saints have been going well under Ratten, this could be a tough one though we do have a good record against them.

St Kilda midfield >>>>>>>>>>>> Sydney Midfield. Would be pretty shocked if we get over them. Just hoping for the lads to be competitive
Ryder will give them HTA all day I fear - this is NOT the game you want a defender carrying a broken hand into.

OUT: Rampe (inj), Stephens (r), Blakey (r), ?
In: Maibaum, McInerney , Wicks , Brand

Maibaum can play on King. Brand to take Marshall. AA to float and relieve Sinkers in ruck. Fox on Membrey.

I just don't want to make it & lose like the bombers have for 20 years now.
We wouldn't go to far Kapers. I've already looked forward to & come to terms with getting pick 2,3 or 4 in the draft, only to have the Hawks rip my 'dreams' apart the other day when they were so pathetic against us.
The Melbourne method of avoiding wins to get high draft picks is a dangerous plan.. They did nothing with Jack Watts and developed a losers mentality in the process.. The bloods culture of trying to win every game and aiming to play finals every year seems to be the way to go.

Not saying we would, but imo, making finals now is better than in 2018. In 2018 we were clinging to past success and a gameplan that was just good enough not to be replaced.

2019 was the deserved fall.

2020 we have integrated a new game plan and have used more youth. On top of that we have had injuries that have meant that we have had to use youth in key positions. If we make finals now it's not buddy and Kennedy and an old back line carrying us, it's rowbottom, Mills, Papley, and a bunch more stepping up to the responsibility.

There is such a thing as going back up too quickly, and I don't know if it's too soon. What I do know is that making finals now is completely different to making finals in 2018

I agree, though I have to say I'm a little disappointed in our youth as a collective so far this year. I know it's really challenging when you have such little experience around you (and much of the experience has been average). But geez it'd be nice if more than just a couple were able to stand up, show some ownership and perform regardless. I still think things will get bigger and better in the future and most importantly we've taken big strides in changing the way we play, but I don't think many of the youngsters have taken the step forward yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree, though I have to say I'm a little disappointed in our youth as a collective so far this year. I know it's really challenging when you have such little experience around you (and much of the experience has been average). But geez it'd be nice if more than just a couple were able to stand up, show some ownership and perform regardless. I still think things will get bigger and better in the future and most importantly we've taken big strides in changing the way we play, but I don't think many of the youngsters have taken the step forward yet.

Hey the board is in struggling to fit everyone into best 22 mode just about , don’t start this negative stuff :p

Obviously I want us to win but as equally important I want to see our team continue to play attacking footy. Play it on quickly and take it through the middle when the opportunities arise. We'll probably screw it up a few times but that's all part of the learning process. If we do win though...finals??? I know I'm getting too far ahead of myself but it's been a crazy year!

If rampe is out then Parker is well and truely alone as the leader out there

If Rampe is out and we win this game I will pay for Horse's statue at the SCG myself.

To be fair I think Mills, Lloyd and Paps all showed great leadership last week too. It'd be interesting to see which guys rise to that occasion with so few leaders out there

Border shutting on the weekend is a total spanner in the works.
Are they all going to move to QLD?? Maybe the NT can have a few teams...

I think we might have seen our last game in Sydney in this crazy season.I wonder if Buddy and Kennedy will move up to Qld with the rest of the guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back