Game Day Round 9 vs. WCE, Marvel, 1:00pm Sun 12/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did anyone watch West Coast on the weekend?

They were shot!! They were walking wounded; cramps, injuries. McGovern was out on his feet. Yeo wont play. Waterman out. They expended so much energy fighting that game out that I cannot see them being a threat this week. Seriously this is a cakewalk.

Its good Mitchell Mihocek Degoey get a mid season break. We have a system to cover them.

Everyone pleading for the injection of fringe players and youth. You got your wish.

Have faith!
West Coast, Adelaide, Fremantle and Bulldogs.

Go pies.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Easy? Adelaide back to excellent form now. As are Freo
A tough 3 weeks coming up
That's why I had "easy" in inverted commas. They're not easy at all but they did shape as easier than what we've recently faced. But now, who knows? We're probably underdogs in all of them.

They were shot!! They were walking wounded; cramps, injuries. McGovern was out on his feet. Yeo wont play. Waterman out. They expended so much energy fighting that game out that I cannot see them being a threat this week. Seriously this is a cakewalk.

Its good Mitchell Mihocek Degoey get a mid season break. We have a system to cover them.

Everyone pleading for the injection of fringe players and youth. You got your wish.

Have faith!

Go pies.

Underestimating “s**t” sides has never been wise. We lost to WC at the G in 2022 when they were worse than this. Bring the heat and wait for reinforcements to return ASAP hopefully. Nick won’t want Harley Reid to get anything over him. 😂

Last edited:

Have faith!

Go pies.

Libba out indefinitely with more concussion issues

Physically? In terms of size, weight, frame etc? Yeah Nathan is “made of glass” so to speak but he’s physically bigger and stronger than Reef and better equipped to be the main target in the forward line

Not sure we’d be doing Reef’s development any favours making him play the role Checkers does

Krueger has a deceptively small upper body for a tall. He’s also pretty useless in packs because he just flies in with no coordination and hurts himself. Reef is MUCH better overhead and much more dangerous around goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Johnson
I think we need a tough aggressive competitor ( similar to Brodie) which has got to be Kreuger and I’d pair him with Reef.
Not sure 2 passive types like AJ and Reef are the solution.
At least with Krueger the defense will be hearing footsteps.
He’ll also bust some packs creating opportunities for our smalls.

And surely he finally gets some good luck with injuries.

out: Shultz in: Reef
out: McCreery in: Sullivan (sub: McCrae)
out: Checkers in: AJ (can't afford Kruger to breakdown in Q1)

Our depth is getting exposed a bit, too many outs.

If the Eagles only have Darling as a KPF then I would play Frampton up forward, like the GF but tell him to actually mark the ball this time.

Out: Schultz, Beau, Checkers
In: Reef, Bytel / Macrae, Dean

Throw Howe forward.
With Waterman out, their tall forwards will most likely be Maric (MSD pickup last year) and Darling, who is nowhere near the player he once was. Dean seems a logical in, which will mean either Howe or Frampton to go forward. McInnes in is also logical, given his good VFL form and the need for a balanced lineup.

I’ve contemplated the frampton forward case, but then against Adel and Freo we still have the same dilemma, but stronger talls. I think we will have to leave defence as is, and work out a makeshift forward line for 3 weeks

Howe forward ...with reef and cox ...
This is what I’d do too, as others have said. More firm on Bytel as an in though, as he can at least theoretically play wing!

In: Reef - Bytel - Dean
Out: Mihocek - Schultz - McCreery

Dean into the backline as the third tall, Howe up forward (could likely do a decent job against McGovern).

Starting to remind me of last year where we were losing a player a week early in the year. Even had Frampton as our first ruck.

Checkers is a big loss, but rather now than later and hopefully freshens up and has a clear run at it . He has been incredibly durable for us given the way he plays for us.

Even Mitchell now hit by appendicitis.

this should be AJ time but he's been disappointing and lacklustre ..no miho or micstay should be he's big chance to slot in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back