Game Day Round 9 vs. WCE, Marvel, 1:00pm Sun 12/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think your disappointment that Kreuger wasn’t selected is weighing on you.
And I say that having also suggested he was worthy of selection.
If he can't get a game now, he never will. I don't know why we gave him another year's contract because it's obvious he will never get an AFL game. But that's not actually the reason for my disappointment. There are just so many players out injured now that anyone with half a claim on a spot is going to get a game. It's not a line up that inspires confidence though I still think we will win by many goals, perhaps as much as ten.

If he can't get a game now, he never will. I don't know why we gave him another year's contract because it's obvious he will never get an AFL game. But that's not actually the reason for my disappointment. There are just so many players out injured now that anyone with half a claim on a spot is going to get a game. It's not a line up that inspires confidence though I still think we will win by many goals, perhaps as much as ten.

If he can put a month of good footy together he'll be a chance to get a game. He was never playing this week.

If he can put a month of good footy together he'll be a chance to get a game. He was never playing this week.
In a month's time, those players he could have replaced this weekend will no doubt be back playing and his chance for selection will have passed. These sorts of guys have to be used when a window of opportunity opens and there is no one else who can really play the role of the absent member. Why else is he on the list? Last year he strung a series of games together in the VFL from round 12 on and never got a game. Why is he any more likely to do so this year? That's how I read the situation. He is a waste of a list spot the way he is being used.

So 3 outs from last weeks 22.

McInnes, surely Sullivan and possibly Macrae the front runners.

A little surprised by all this Richards talk as I would have thought Harrison/Sullivan simply get more TOG in place of Schultz/McCreery and Bytel who offers greater positional flexibility comes in as the 23rd man.

I guess if Elliott is also withdrawn replacing one forward with another makes sense though even then Bytel coming into the 22 would allow us improved capacity to rotate a bunch of flanker/wing types through our forward mix.

Good luck to Richards if selected.

A little surprised by all this Richards talk as I would have thought Harrison/Sullivan simply get more TOG in place of Schultz/McCreery and Bytel who offers greater positional flexibility comes in as the 23rd man.

I guess if Elliott is also withdrawn replacing one forward with another makes sense though even then Bytel coming into the 22 would allow us improved capacity to rotate a bunch of flanker/wing types through our forward mix.

The age mentioned, Richards would likely get a debut if Elliott misses. But even if elliott plays, he's still an off chance to be the sub.

Krueger isn't fit enough yet to be trusted after one game back. There's no way he should be risked.

In a month's time, those players he could have replaced this weekend will no doubt be back playing and his chance for selection will have passed. These sorts of guys have to be used when a window of opportunity opens and there is no one else who can really play the role of the absent member. Why else is he on the list? Last year he strung a series of games together in the VFL from round 12 on and never got a game. Why is he any more likely to do so this year? That's how I read the situation. He is a waste of a list spot the way he is being used.

FFS, he's 1 game back from an extended injury layoff.

FFS, he's 1 game back from an extended injury layoff.
That hasn't stopped him before and we are scraping the bottom of the barrel with so many forwards injured. Never mind, Howe will kick 6 and we'll win by 5-10 goals, and Kreuger can languish in the VFL until his next injury sees him side-lined.

Last edited:
That hasn't stopped him before and we are scraping the bottom of the barrel with so many forwards injured. Never mind, Howe will kick 6 and we'll win by 5-10 goals, and Kreuger can languish in the VFL until his next injury seems him side-lined.
Don't care how grumpy or sarcastic you are: we love 'ya, GG!

You're one of us; one of the foot soldiers in the finest army on the planet!

Ca'arn the Pies!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m guessing TOG will be closer to 100% for both Mason and Darcy Cameron, don’t know how else we can create an aerial contest forward of the ball.

I don't really see the flexibility advantage of Bytel over Richards. In your scenario, if Richards comes on, he replaces Sullivan up forward and Sullivan gives you the flexibility that Bytel would.

Now.

It's round 9 of 24, just over a third the way through.
A fat percentage keeps the media hounds off ya back.

The next win against Carltank will be such an expression of joy the league will award us 6 points.

It's Bytel time. Like Oleg, just really unpopular on here for no apparent reason.

Oleg’s 2023 preseason games were a spectacular car crash.

Bytel on the other hand is a rich, creamy vanilla.

Oleg’s 2023 preseason games were a spectacular car crash.

Bytel on the other hand is a rich, creamy vanilla.
I quite like the look of him. Not sure if he'll have enough tricks to get his hands on the ball regularly enough, but if he does, he looks to be a very good kick.

I don't really see the flexibility advantage of Bytel over Richards. In your scenario, if Richards comes on, he replaces Sullivan up forward and Sullivan gives you the flexibility that Bytel would.

Leaving aside that Bytel already has experience at AFL level he's been dividing his time between midfield and wing in the VFL has he not? Richards will likely be restricted to a role across half forward as a small goal sneak in any debut I would have imagined.

Playing Bytel is just another in the mix alongside the likes of Sullivan, Harrison, Lipinski, Hoskin-Elliott, Sidebottom and his inclusion would heighten our ability to push any of them forward with Bytel seemingly more equipped to play further afield than Richards.

I guess that was the point I was trying to make.

At the end of the day if our chances in this game come down to whether Bytel or Richards play then we're in trouble.

Leaving aside that Bytel already has experience at AFL level he's been dividing his time between midfield and wing in the VFL has he not? Richards will likely be restricted to a role across half forward as a small goal sneak in any debut I would have imagined.

Playing Bytel is just another in the mix alongside the likes of Sullivan, Harrison, Lipinski, Hoskin-Elliott, Sidebottom and his inclusion would heighten our ability to push any of them forward with Bytel seemingly more equipped to play further afield than Richards.

I guess that was the point I was trying to make.

At the end of the day if our chances in this game come down to whether Bytel or Richards play then we're in trouble.

I don't care who the last player picked is to be honest. I jsut think the need for the sub himself to be flexible is a bit of a furphy if there is flexiblity in the 22. We're likely to go in with mids playing small forward, so a small forward as sub gives you the same flexibility as a mid as sub.

Weakened team. Crap team. What's the difference? My grumpiness surely has no influence on our player availability and the teams with which we are required to compete each week. This week with a severely pruned autumn line up due to a decimation of usual team members, we are according to the most knowledgeable among us, in an even better position to beat WC than if we had a full list available. You need to start considering your glasses as half full rather than half empty. You call me grumpy, but who is the one here predicting a resounding victory for our threadbare line up? Not you! Ye of little faith!!!!!!
We are very impacted by injuries however we still have lots of A graders left in team and a certain super star
The eagles don’t have many A graders
Just put some work into Kelly and mcgovern and should get chocolates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back