Game Day Round 9 vs. WCE, Marvel, 1:00pm Sun 12/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this too, but those in the know on here seem to believe his omission is all part of a cunning plan, and that Johnson expects to be left where he is until the metamorphosis is complete. Apparently selection for tomorrow's game would throw a spanner in the works.
I hope it’s part of the bigger plan. We all want to see him succeed!

I hope it’s part of the bigger plan. We all want to see him succeed!
He's out of form & down on confidence (for reasons not exclusive to football only).

I think it's pretty simple. They're just trying to give him time to build his confidence in the VFL. He's not the first player it's happened to & won't be the last.

Whether it happens for him or not, remains to be seen, I sincerely hope it does 🙏

Out of the 11 goalscorers from last week, the only 2 missing for this week are Schultz & Billy. They kicked 1 goal each.

Can't see why Richards, Bytel, Reef, Sullivan, Harrison etc can't contribute 1 or more on Sunday.

Apart from Mihocek, Josh didn’t kick one last week. Nor Steele Crisp Darcy Cameron. All regular scoreboard contributors when the opportunity presents itself.

Spoke to fin at the vfl game this afternoon, he confirmed he’ll play forward and mid - wing?
I said I had a good vibe he'll have a good game, but mentioned he needs to take this opportunity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It’s an opportunity, looking forward to it.

Yeah we could lose but what a great opportunity to get some of these guys in and a real look at them, pity it’s not at the G.

I don’t think we lose this, I’ve been wrong before JFTR
Agree we should still win but it's less certain. We cant afford to drop these sort of games though. With 3 1/2 losses so far top 4 and a realistic flag chance means we cant drop any games to teams like WCE.

Might need the footy record to identify half our team tomorrow

I'm actually excited to see some new faces, I feel like our depth has copped a hit due to our success the last couple years
Also would be nice to see how some of them do away from our woeful VFL side

A day at marvel stadium is never fun…… hopefully we can get 40k there. Massive chance for fin and co to show us what they have. Backline is still pretty stable but we definitely need someone to kick some goals. Bobby to have a day out ? I predict Richard’s to start sub.
Pies by 21pts
Reef for 3 snags

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from anything else, I’m really looking forward to seeing how the remains of our forward line function tomorrow.

My hope is that forward 50 entries will see the mids etc lower their eyes, and look to hit up targets, given all our main forwards are out.

Also hoping that Jeremy and WHE
( hopefully he gets a run up forward) really get busy on the leads to set the pattern for the other guys.

Maybe tomorrow our guys kicking inside forward 50 occasionally have that tiny bit more time, compared to our recent outings vs the really top opposition, to spot up a forward in space?

That said, I don’t think anyone’s underestimating the Eagles tomorrow, they’ve really lifted and played very decent footy lately. Their self belief is through the roof compared to several weeks ago.

Happy for them and their coach re that.
( Though remain bitter and very twisted re 2018 😡)

Running out past all the Mums ( and Fly) will lift the boys to avoid a repeat of a couple of years ago !

Be great to see all our ‘next in lines’ showing us all what they can do.

Can’t wait.
Go Pies 😊

It's most likely that Frampton being named forward doesn't mean anything. He is the type though that simply can't play in defence if there's not a matchup. He needs a lumbering opponent or he becomes a liability.

Eagles have the 198cm J.Williams, so I guess that would be his opponent. Certainly not a week where he's crucial to our defence though.

Agree we should still win but it's less certain. We cant afford to drop these sort of games though. With 3 1/2 losses so far top 4 and a realistic flag chance means we cant drop any games to teams like WCE.
If we drop games to the weagles, we don't deserve top 4.
Just thump them!

Just thump them!
5 of our 6 starting forwards are out. I’d be happy with a thumping, but with that loss of firepower I’ll take a 1 pt win.

Carlton would struggle to win a game missing only McKay and curnow. We are missing 5.

Just thump them!
True but we finished top 4 in 2022 and lost to WCE at the same ground when they won 2 games for the season. Difference now is we have left no wriggle room in the season.

Who would you say has been worse?
Sorry mate. Been O/S for the week.

Not about dropping him and who is worse for me. Just that he’s playing at the same level he was end 1-10 last year.

If we get to round 20 and we’re talking about him as “who’s worse”…then im def up for chatting about who replaces him!!!

Just a watch for the moment.

I’m excited about this game.
Is anyone else?

We get to see whether new players in the mix are ok…..but at least our Def is intact.

So as long as we bring the heat in mid….im comfortable we’ll be fine.

Def want to see the good new stories of Richard’s and sully.

But am most excited to see HH…..he’s absolutely at the level. He’s going to cause selection headaches if he plays well.

I agree. It'll be a good result to get the win
Very hard to play an effective zone defence with so many inexperienced players, and equally difficult to move the ball.
Hopefully our experienced players can lead the way
It’s insane to me that we are that short priced. 8 players from best 22 including Murphy which we’ve had to replace.

2 x midfield clearance bulls
2 x KPF
2 x pressure forward
1 x medium forward

That’s not a spread of injuries that you can cover.

Be hard to find any team in the AFL that is a sure thing to beat either north or eagles with those outs. I am aware obviously that eagles are missing yeo, Allan and waterman however.

In some respects we are lucky because against 90% of teams we’d prob be no chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back