Roxette - thank you for the Joyride!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I'm .... I don't know what to say or describe how I feel. Turned on the car this morning to go to work and Listen To Your Heart was playing... Unashamed to admit I had some eye sweat going on.

Heartbroken, shattered, all of the above.

I've never felt this way about the death of a celebrity before but I've been quite emotional all day. Elton dying will probably have the same effect but not many other celebrities I can think of.

I've never felt this way about the death of a celebrity before but I've been quite emotional all day. Elton dying will probably have the same effect but not many other celebrities I can think of.

Saw Elton tonight. Truly astonishing. Then came home and watched the Music Max tribute to Marie Fredrikkson.

A rather bittersweet and surreal day.

I went to two Roxette concerts in Brissy and had a teenage crush for Marie in the late 80’s. I loved their music and it was sad to witness firsthand at a concert what brain cancer had done to her. RIP Marie Fredriksson.

My favourite Roxette song

I went to two Roxette concerts in Brissy and had a teenage crush for Marie in the late 80’s. I loved their music and it was sad to witness firsthand at a concert what brain cancer had done to her. RIP Marie Fredriksson.

My favourite Roxette song

Yeah, on that 2015 tour Marie looked like she was just hanging on. As I recall she was on a stool all night and barely got up. A lot of her big vocal parts were done by a guest vocalist as it was clear she was struggling. When they were here a couple of years before that she looked healthy and was dynamite on stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back