Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Rumour File

🥰 Love BigFooty? Join now for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bout 100% confident of this being true, if you dont believe me you must sign me to a storytelling deal :D

Quite a bit of anger over recent weeks between Brock McLeans camp and the Carlton camp, heres what happened. Carltons doctor had been treating McLean for knee and hip complaints over the first 10 weeks (problems flared signifcantly in round 2/3), and McLean played through the pain. It began to impact on his day to day life however and it was actually taking him till Thursday till he could walk properly. Sought his own medical advice behind the clubs back and they indicated he needed surgery straight away. Not only did his knee need a clean up it needed a MAJOR cleanup and he was told to stop playing straight away otherwise it could do severe damage to his hip. He brought this new info to the club who decided they wanted to back there own club doctors in on this one. Brock McLean stamped his foot down and said he wanted to have the surgery. This went back and forth for 2 weeks however with possible AFLPA intervention Carlton caved and let him have the surgery.

Carlton wanting to send a little message of there own dropped McLean and forced him to play the VFL. For those who dont know when a player injures themselves they receive matchday payments based on the last form of competition they played. Essentially he went into the VFL so the club could dock 1800 from his pay per game he misses. This childish like move made matters even worse and heads clashed in a meeting last week where with the help of a mediator things were talked over.

While Brock and Carlton now have a actual functioning relationship, they both like the idea of a trade being done for him next year. Deal has to be beneficial for Carlton however because they are happy to keep him and Brock is not such a little bitch as to sook if he doesnt get his way in regards to leaving. Too early to speculate where he could be going as this has only really just come out. Brocks agent already scouring for a new home pretty much
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=601833
Fremantle have made a move for Paul Bower by offering him through his agent a 3 year at 100k more per season than Carlton are offering. Bower is a West Australian lad and the extra money has him interested.

Watch this space. 80% chance of happening according to a key player on Freos recruiting staff

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=630716

Straight from the horses mouth

Was in Melbourne on Saturday where Mr Hardwick met with Nicoski and his management and put a 2 year deal down on the table. Tigers are set to embark on a mother of all list culls and see Nicoski as a good cheap option to fill up some space

Will join either in the PSD or through a cheap cheap trade in the form of a pick upgrade for the Eagles. Good move by all sides I think.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=623328

Longmire met with Griffin on Tuesday and Griffin agreed to formally announce Sydney as his preferred destination for the 2010 season. Rumors have been around about Fremantle targetting him however due to the reluctance of Adelaide to do a deal last year aswell as the great form of Zach Clarke they are no longer interested.

Only 2 other clubs have expressed formal interest in the form of Hawthorn and St Kilda but neither have followed it up with discussions.

Sydney wish to use Griffin as a backup ruckman allowing Jolly to spend more time up forward having done quite well in his stints up forward this year. At most Adelaide are to get a 2nd rounder.

Sydney wish to trade Barry Hall and upgrade their 3rd rounder to a 2nd rounder to ontrade to Adelaide for Griffin. Back page of Adelaide papers in the next 4-6 weeks
 
Of course i am, im not ******ed. Gold Coast arnt gonna take 1 player from each team to fill there roster. Your crazy if you think otherwise. Who the hell could they possibly take from Richmond, Eagles, Demons, Sydney who all have huge salary cap power. Unless they want our delistees they are gonna have to double up and do a trade or two. Grigg will come in for free and they will do a deal for whoever the 2nd player is. I severely doubt it is Betts because as you said the trade would be too big for Gold Coast to get involved in. I dont think its any of the names I mentioned, im expecting them to aim a bit lower and have a go at someone outside your 22

Right, so that is possible. GC have said that they are going to take about 8 players on this "free, out of contract player" system. They will probably recruit a few guys from the VFL and other competitions around the country, they have a couple of their older players already signed, and loads of young guys. If GC did want to trade with Carlton or anyone else, they would find it tough to do. They have a lot of good picks which they are not going to want to part with.
 
All 3 of them made the paper and were widely discussed weeks after i posted them. Either the media love me or theres something to it. Im not coming here telling you players made X decision im just telling you whats gonna be in the paper and 90% of the time it makes the news weeks later, Show me more than 3 things ive said that never made the paper (apart from all the Robbie Warnock to Dees crap i made up :D )
 
Carlton wanting to send a little message of there own dropped McLean and forced him to play the VFL.
We didn't need a conspiracy to drop Brock - his form, let alone his fitness, was pretty marginal.

I'll wait for BlueInBlood's word.
 

Log in to remove this Banner Ad

Right, so that is possible. GC have said that they are going to take about 8 players on this "free, out of contract player" system. They will probably recruit a few guys from the VFL and other competitions around the country, they have a couple of their older players already signed, and loads of young guys. If GC did want to trade with Carlton or anyone else, they would find it tough to do. They have a lot of good picks which they are not going to want to part with.

Pretty much spot on hence why they wont trade for best 22 players. No club is gonna ask Gold Coast for pick 10 for a player who didnt crack more than 5 games all year. They arnt that unreasonable
 
We didn't need a conspiracy to drop Brock - his form, let alone his fitness, was pretty marginal.

I'll wait for BlueInBlood's word.

For 1 game which he barely played in? How many times have you seen a player play 1 VFL game and have major surgery less than week later for a non gameday related issue? Any?
 
Big Cox is a flowering joke.....anybody who has been around long enough know he is a troll with zero credibility, and about the same success rate with his "rumours"
 
I guess you are aware that they can only take one player from each club? If there was a second player it would need to be a trade

Don't GC17 have the first 2 or so PSD picks as well? Which is effectively two free agency spots. Using that (and the ability to sign an uncontracted player from each club), they could technically take up to three players from one club without having to trade.
 
Big Cox is a flowering joke.....anybody who has been around long enough know he is a troll with zero credibility, and about the same success rate with his "rumours"

Put your avatar on the line. If Grigg doesnt leave Carlton this year i get to chose your avatar, deal?
 
I assume you saw my work on Quinten Lynch, JON, Brent Prismall and the pinpointing of Harbrow to Gold Coast rumors. Damn good if you ask me. Pretty much my success rate is what the papers is because my sources are all from the papers. Shouldnt have a go at me and post a HUN article like gospel because it makes you a bit of a hypocrite
 
Don't GC17 have the first 2 or so PSD picks as well? Which is effectively two free agency spots. Using that (and the ability to sign an uncontracted player from each club), they could technically take up to three players from one club without having to trade.

HAH nearly forgot about that. Well spotted Browndog
 

Remove this Banner Ad

You'll f**king love this....


JB held a BBQ for Fev after his 200th and JB and Fev went toe to toe in the his backyard after Fev had a crack at one of the players partners....


Stay tuned people, the media are aware of this...


Source: Club Sponsor...not saying who as I don't want to tarnish their name.

:eek::eek::eek:
 
Rumour: blue_boys hasn't said sorry to Marc Shmurf 3
Started: Marc Shmurf 3
Source: Marc Shmurf 3
Status: Pending

tck-kevin-rudd.preview.jpg


;)
 
You'll f**king love this....


JB held a BBQ for Fev after his 200th and JB and Fev went toe to toe in the his backyard after Fev had a crack at one of the players partners....


Stay tuned people, the media are aware of this...


Source: Club Sponsor...not saying who as I don't want to tarnish their name.

:eek::eek::eek:


Dude, this one has been doing the email rounds all day. Interesting to see a few people still trying to pass it off as a well kept secret that only they are privy to. Even more interesting to see it evolve to now be from a "club sponsor". ;)
 
You'll f**king love this....


JB held a BBQ for Fev after his 200th and JB and Fev went toe to toe in the his backyard after Fev had a crack at one of the players partners....


Stay tuned people, the media are aware of this...


Source: Club Sponsor...not saying who as I don't want to tarnish their name.

:eek::eek::eek:

Interesting... this is the second report on this that we have had now. jd2006 also reported it.
 

🥰 Love BigFooty? Join now for free.

You'll f**king love this....


JB held a BBQ for Fev after his 200th and JB and Fev went toe to toe in the his backyard after Fev had a crack at one of the players partners....


Stay tuned people, the media are aware of this...


Source: Club Sponsor...not saying who as I don't want to tarnish their name.

:eek::eek::eek:

Seems to be False

3AW

May miss with injury
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

🥰 Love BigFooty? Join now for free.

Back
Top Bottom