- Joined
- Sep 27, 2004
- Posts
- 60,482
- Reaction score
- 15,668
- Location
- Dr Geoffrey Edelsten's jacuzzi
- AFL Club
- Carlton
- Banned
- #401
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=601833Bout 100% confident of this being true, if you dont believe me you must sign me to a storytelling deal
Quite a bit of anger over recent weeks between Brock McLeans camp and the Carlton camp, heres what happened. Carltons doctor had been treating McLean for knee and hip complaints over the first 10 weeks (problems flared signifcantly in round 2/3), and McLean played through the pain. It began to impact on his day to day life however and it was actually taking him till Thursday till he could walk properly. Sought his own medical advice behind the clubs back and they indicated he needed surgery straight away. Not only did his knee need a clean up it needed a MAJOR cleanup and he was told to stop playing straight away otherwise it could do severe damage to his hip. He brought this new info to the club who decided they wanted to back there own club doctors in on this one. Brock McLean stamped his foot down and said he wanted to have the surgery. This went back and forth for 2 weeks however with possible AFLPA intervention Carlton caved and let him have the surgery.
Carlton wanting to send a little message of there own dropped McLean and forced him to play the VFL. For those who dont know when a player injures themselves they receive matchday payments based on the last form of competition they played. Essentially he went into the VFL so the club could dock 1800 from his pay per game he misses. This childish like move made matters even worse and heads clashed in a meeting last week where with the help of a mediator things were talked over.
While Brock and Carlton now have a actual functioning relationship, they both like the idea of a trade being done for him next year. Deal has to be beneficial for Carlton however because they are happy to keep him and Brock is not such a little bitch as to sook if he doesnt get his way in regards to leaving. Too early to speculate where he could be going as this has only really just come out. Brocks agent already scouring for a new home pretty much
Fremantle have made a move for Paul Bower by offering him through his agent a 3 year at 100k more per season than Carlton are offering. Bower is a West Australian lad and the extra money has him interested.
Watch this space. 80% chance of happening according to a key player on Freos recruiting staff
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=630716
Straight from the horses mouth
Was in Melbourne on Saturday where Mr Hardwick met with Nicoski and his management and put a 2 year deal down on the table. Tigers are set to embark on a mother of all list culls and see Nicoski as a good cheap option to fill up some space
Will join either in the PSD or through a cheap cheap trade in the form of a pick upgrade for the Eagles. Good move by all sides I think.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=623328
Longmire met with Griffin on Tuesday and Griffin agreed to formally announce Sydney as his preferred destination for the 2010 season. Rumors have been around about Fremantle targetting him however due to the reluctance of Adelaide to do a deal last year aswell as the great form of Zach Clarke they are no longer interested.
Only 2 other clubs have expressed formal interest in the form of Hawthorn and St Kilda but neither have followed it up with discussions.
Sydney wish to use Griffin as a backup ruckman allowing Jolly to spend more time up forward having done quite well in his stints up forward this year. At most Adelaide are to get a 2nd rounder.
Sydney wish to trade Barry Hall and upgrade their 3rd rounder to a 2nd rounder to ontrade to Adelaide for Griffin. Back page of Adelaide papers in the next 4-6 weeks





