Running Thread - Join our Strava Club!

Remove this Banner Ad

Beat last years launnie ten time. 48 mins is a bit average by standards on here but i was pumped

2 year ago i did a 46:50 on the same course, so not near my besr but feel like moving in the right direction

Just need to get my ability to keep pushing the pace back up, just holding on in the second half more than i did when i did under 46 the one time i did

Lol is it only limited to tassie ? Go to the launnie ten facebook page, full of whingers every year about a race blocking the roads.

Its like 3 hours a year and we get world class runners and tourists in

Lol is it only limited to tassie ? Go to the launnie ten facebook page, full of whingers every year about a race blocking the roads.

Obviously stops the yokels riding their horses down to the local saloon :)

Nope happens here in perth as well. Heard of people complaining about the perth marathon on the weekend and that was all on foot/bikepaths haha

Wonderland Trail Weekend last year at Halls Gap. First event, 500 + competitors for the event (probably double that this year) & a local shop owner was whinging about no carparks available. They must hate being busy. Absolute moron.

Still nursing myself back to health. Have a Posterior Tibial Tendon strain, which can get mighty ugly if you attempt to run through it. Still a month out so just been hitting the stationary bike at the gym.

Picked up rock climbing a bit which is just as fun, even if I'm terrible at it.

Still nursing myself back to health. Have a Posterior Tibial Tendon strain, which can get mighty ugly if you attempt to run through it. Still a month out so just been hitting the stationary bike at the gym.

Picked up rock climbing a bit which is just as fun, even if I'm terrible at it.
Man that sucks :( did you do it while running?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love this. Filmed at Buffalo Stampede this year.

That really made me want to go out for a run haha.
Love the idea of doing an ultra one day, want to do a few marathons first though obviously. Would need to learn how to slow down as well my comfortable running pace would be way too fast to maintain for an ultra (it probably is for a marathon as well).

I love the idea as well, but it's really hard to get my head around.

I've always been into running and when I was in high school I set myself to do a marathon before I was 30. Now I'm 33 and still only done 2 halves.

Just signed up to the Club. Boy, some of those stats are making me feel very inadequate!
Welcome mate. 1:28 for a half is pretty dam good and I'm sure if you stayed injury free you'd crush a marathon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back