ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
I did my hammie last year and it really showed how my body reacts to things getting older.

Back in the day when I was playing footy after a few weeks I was right to go. It now being that bit older, I really had to take my time to get back to moving properly.

I'd always recommend touching base with a physio early on, helped me work through it and strengthen it again.

Hopefully you have put it past you and back to going well again.

Yeah there's two things that stand out when you're the wrong side of 30, hangovers are a lot worse and injury management is a lot more important. Physio sessions have been super promising and I'm going to have a crack at a 5km run tomorrow to try get back into the swing of things.

Harro59

Club Legend
May 14, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah there's two things that stand out when you're the wrong side of 30, hangovers are a lot worse and injury management is a lot more important. Physio sessions have been super promising and I'm going to have a crack at a 5km run tomorrow to try get back into the swing of things.
Good to hear mate, hope it goes well.

Harro59

Club Legend
May 14, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How are we all tracking?
Melbourne Marathon pushed back to 12/12 gives it a chance, I am trying to line my ducks in a row personally with the kids/other halfs work etc to make sure i can get to the start line.. fingers crossed.. And after easing off for a few weeks starting again now with 12 weeks to go, I assume the work I had already done though sets a really good base for it so hopefully happens and all goes well

(Also those invincibles are bloody fantastic, so soft and cushioned, my only worry is they are ruining the feeling of other shoes for me, got a new pair of Brooks Ghosts that feel dead almost, my Tempo Next %s feel great still but they also have a mountain of ZoomX foam in them!)
Well over here in SA generally the events are going ahead. The city to bay which is a 12km from Adelaide to Glenelg was pushed back from late September to early Not a few weeks back. That's probably what I am looking at doing at the moment.

What's the feeling around the Melbourne Marathon going ahead?

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Got myself a pair of the hype machines New Balance FuelCell Rebel v2.

Don't regret.

So light. So bouncy. So pink.

iu

Got myself a pair of the hype machines New Balance FuelCell Rebel v2.

Don't regret.

So light. So bouncy. So pink.

iu
Oh man I am tempted to get some of those... I'm worried my invincibles are ruining shoes for me as I don't know if I can handle anything without ZoomX Foam at the moment :D

Harro59

Club Legend
May 14, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Oh man I am tempted to get some of those... I'm worried my invincibles are ruining shoes for me as I don't know if I can handle anything without ZoomX Foam at the moment :D
I'd love to try out another type of shoe, but the last time I did I got some knee issues. Sort of safe with my Kayanos at the moment but I would like to branch out. Just concerned I'll end up with issues again.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I'd love to try out another type of shoe, but the last time I did I got some knee issues. Sort of safe with my Kayanos at the moment but I would like to branch out. Just concerned I'll end up with issues again.
I was strongly recommended Kayanos a couple of years back but personally found them a bit i dunno... slappy I guess is the description.. just clunky for me personally, i am interested in looking back into Asics though as I have heard good things lately.
Currently doing lots in my invincibles I mentioned which feel like big bouncy pogo sticks, and tempo next %s... no idea if it is good for me or not but geeze the legs pull up well after long runs

Harro59

Club Legend
May 14, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I was strongly recommended Kayanos a couple of years back but personally found them a bit i dunno... slappy I guess is the description.. just clunky for me personally, i am interested in looking back into Asics though as I have heard good things lately.
Currently doing lots in my invincibles I mentioned which feel like big bouncy pogo sticks, and tempo next %s... no idea if it is good for me or not but geeze the legs pull up well after long runs
I wouldnt a par of Next% to be honest. Interesting that you pull up alright from your long runs, I would've thought that's a pretty good test.

I wouldnt a par of Next% to be honest. Interesting that you pull up alright from your long runs, I would've thought that's a pretty good test.
yeah i have been living in some tempo next %s for 20+ Km runs... not the racing ones but the 'training version' i believe... have put like over 400km in them and pull up really well and they feel fantastic.. they are working for me so i am just not questioning it haha

Harro59

Club Legend
May 14, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
yeah i have been living in some tempo next %s for 20+ Km runs... not the racing ones but the 'training version' i believe... have put like over 400km in them and pull up really well and they feel fantastic.. they are working for me so i am just not questioning it haha
Sorry I mean to say I would'nt mind a pair lol.

I might have a look into that as well.

Sorry I mean to say I would'nt mind a pair lol.

I might have a look into that as well.
Ahhh well... I got these when they were half price at Rebel in like June...And absolutely zero regrets, just gotten 60k in them where they really start to feel good
20210826_074059_copy_600x800.jpg

Just added a pair of the Saucony Endorphin Pro 2s to the collection. Will be interested to see how they feel in comparison with the VF next%2 and the Tempo next%.

Couldn't resist the Running Warehouse price.... were reduced from $320 to $240 and then got a 15% discount code on top of that.

1634254617847.png

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Just added a pair of the Saucony Endorphin Pro 2s to the collection. Will be interested to see how they feel in comparison with the VF next%2 and the Tempo next%.

Couldn't resist the Running Warehouse price.... were reduced from $320 to $240 and then got a 15% discount code on top of that.

View attachment 1260824

I just can’t get behind the colourways of the Pro / Speed range, the Pro + looks great though.

I’ve got a pair of the shift 2 on order on sale.

The endorphin range seems to get really positive reviews so will be interested to hear your thoughts.

I just can’t get behind the colourways of the Pro / Speed range, the Pro + looks great though.

I’ve got a pair of the shift 2 on order on sale.

The endorphin range seems to get really positive reviews so will be interested to hear your thoughts.

I definitely don't love this colourway but if they feel great I can live with it lol.

The red and blue options were both sold out in my size so these were the ones haha.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I definitely don't love this colourway but if they feel great I can live with it lol.

The red and blue options were both sold out in my size so these were the ones haha.

Not a fan of any of those three, the US has some nicer ones but they don't seem to make it here.

But yes, if they feel great who cares how they look anyway!

View attachment 1260824
Keen on the feedback for these.... I have some blue Endorphin Speed 2s currently in transit to me, bit of luck and I'll get them before Xmas!

I reckon Melbourne is 100% safe to go ahead now... Well maybe that's a stupid call but 95% still.
Spewing I can't make the rescheduled date but stoked for anyone that is doing it

wadistance

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
Honestly was today days old when I wore a pair of carbon plated shoes for the first time. Shows what a few years away from the sport does for you - did a workout last week in some old racing flats and couldn’t believe how hard they were.

Ran in the Hoka Carbon x2 - amazing that an actual shoe like shoe(not a minimal racing flat) can feel so light and energetic. Heck, if I had a pair 4 years ago I reckon I’d have run faster than 65 high for a half!

9 weeks now till what should be my first race since mid 2017. Fingers crossed I can keep shaking these colds off and stay injury free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan Moody

That, was liquid football
Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Honestly was today days old when I wore a pair of carbon plated shoes for the first time. Shows what a few years away from the sport does for you - did a workout last week in some old racing flats and couldn’t believe how hard they were.

Ran in the Hoka Carbon x2 - amazing that an actual shoe like shoe(not a minimal racing flat) can feel so light and energetic. Heck, if I had a pair 4 years ago I reckon I’d have run faster than 65 high for a half!

9 weeks now till what should be my first race since mid 2017. Fingers crossed I can keep shaking these colds off and stay injury free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the Carbon X when they first came out 2 years ago. Ran a couple of 10k races in them and my legs and feet were pretty banged up afterwards.
I pulled them out again about a month ago and got the same feeling, no real give in them at all.
I heard the X2's have a lot more give in them

Back