RWC Grand Final: New Zealand v France

Remove this Banner Ad

lol france will not be worried about the money.

After all the bonuses the players received for making the finals.

This was the bonus's for each time at the finals.

Kiwis for winning $100,000

France for playing in the finals $140,000

I understand where your coming from mate, but I just don't think you realise just how revered Richie McCaw is in New Zealand and by his team mates. He's the leader of the most famous product to come out of New Zealand who'll most likely be knighted sooner rather than later.

The booing was OTT, but it's not surprising. Cooper picked the wrong bloke to have pot shots at just months out from a World Cup in Richie's homeland.

It's not just New Zealand though; McCaw is revered most of the world over - even I thought Cooper needed to pull his head in a bit, if you want to stitch McCaw up, then do it on the field.

Not sure you can do that when you're hidden away defending at full back because you can't defend where you should.

I'm a Cooper fan, but at the moment, he's about 8 years of consistent top line performances away from even being mentioned in the same breath as somebody like McCaw.

lol france will not be worried about the money.

After all the bonuses the players received for making the finals.

This was the bonus's for each time at the finals.

Kiwis for winning $100,000

France for playing in the finals $140,000

It's not about the money.

That is a very ugly incident, should go for that. Thats the kind of things I can kind of understand why you'd be booed over. Dirty, and lots of potential to cause major damage.
Pretty sure you quoted the wrong post, didn't think what the French did during the Haka was that bad to be honest. :p
I assume you're talking about the eye gouging incident. Completely agree, such a low act.

Pretty sure you quoted the wrong post, didn't think what the French did during the Haka was that bad to be honest. :p
I assume you're talking about the eye gouging incident. Completely agree, such a low act.
Whoops. Silly me. You're right I was refering to the gouging incident.

I actually thought their reaction to the Haka was good.

And that time limit thing kinda sucks, if evidence was found late.

[youtube]1XBqetaCfgo[/youtube]

Craig Joubert should really stay out of france for the next few years....

Some of the kiwi forwards really ow him a drink.:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ra dii raa ra. Plenty of non decisions to NZ as well. Maybe they would have missed all the shots on goal and then stuffed up the drop out. Who knows, it is all hypothetical.

Send off the eye gouger and who knows, NZ get in for another try and its all moot as another example.

The only thing more annoying than bad referees is bad bitter and twisted media commentators who have nothing insightful to say so instead get on a soapbox.

The only thing more annoying than bad referees is bad bitter and twisted media commentators who have nothing insightful to say so instead get on a soapbox.

Disagree France did not get the same leway as the kiwis. Can't send of the eye gouger since no one saw it till two days after. The video is very sightful with evidence shown of two standards being shown. Kiwis won nothing will change that but is their win tarnished yes.

Ra dii raa ra. Plenty of non decisions to NZ as well. Maybe they would have missed all the shots on goal and then stuffed up the drop out. Who knows, it is all hypothetical.

Send off the eye gouger and who knows, NZ get in for another try and its all moot as another example.

I kind of agree. I think there was some home town reffing, and it helped get over the line. Had the same game been played in France, then they may well have won with the crowd influence.

That said. NZ played the WC well, and can't rally take anything away from them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back