Official Match Thread S18 Round 12 (Rivalry Round) East Side Hawks v Dragons FFC @ Waverley Park

Remove this Banner Ad

That constitutes a rivalry these days?
There aren't too many teams that have been as shit for so long in this competition as you guys, guess they had to find some reason to pair you up with someone.

We drew the short straw.

And the other guy in the trade has left the Hawks, and is now playing at the Roys.
Forced out by superior depth, unlike your old timer that keeps on holding on.

As irrelevant as Mick Martyn in his sad last days playing for Carlton.

Ah, the Dragons, my first opponents... it feels like a life time ago. Time to see if our young Hawklings (Hey! that includes me!) can brave the fire.

Our glorious leader Karny is still recovering from smashing his head into that Suzuki Swift so someone else has got to lead us this week. Looks like Tarkyn_24 is making an early run at it.

Oh and if we win the coin toss, please for the love of God remember to kick WITH the wind.
b19bf9262b14a5a868d4c45630badcb8.jpg

Taylor Swift pointing out the direction of the wind and bringing the Hawks towards victory. T-Swizzle will never lead us astray.

Bring the #Karnyge. #geauxhawks

Ah, the Dragons, my first opponents... it feels like a life time ago. Time to see if our young Hawklings (Hey! that includes me!) can brave the fire.

Our glorious leader Karny is still recovering from smashing his head into that Suzuki Swift so someone else has got to lead us this week. Looks like Tarkyn_24 is making an early run at it.

Oh and if we win the coin toss, please for the love of God remember to kick WITH the wind.
b19bf9262b14a5a868d4c45630badcb8.jpg

Taylor Swift pointing out the direction of the wind and bringing the Hawks towards victory. T-Swizzle will never lead us astray.

Bring the #Karnyge. #geauxhawks
Quoting this just for the use of a Taylor Swift pic.

Superior depth, what superior depth? The Hawks had another player leave during the midseason trade period.
Yes, that's generally what happens at teams with depth. Players leave for opportunity.

You may as well start calling bonce Cameron Wood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, that's generally what happens at teams with depth. Players leave for opportunity.

You may as well start calling bonce Cameron Wood.
You keep bringing up Carlton references, the funny thing is that I am not a big follower of their list. Gibbsy can confirm that I thought Bruce Doull's name was Geoff.

You keep bringing up Carlton references, the funny thing is that I am not a big follower of their list. Gibbsy can confirm that I thought Bruce Doull's name was Geoff.
No I keep referencing mediocre footballers. The fact they all play(ed) for Carlton is a mere coincidence.

No I keep referencing mediocre footballers. The fact they all play(ed) for Carlton is a mere coincidence.

Rupert Betheras, Matthew Lokan, Adam Iacobucci...

#hashtags are just another form of advertising.
Haha, sorry I think I misread what you were doing there.

In fairness, geauxhawks never started out as advertising. Dagless has been using it for ages and it eventually caught on with the rest of the group. No doubt we've been abusing it a bit more with the introduction of hashtags and the trending box. ;)

It'd be great if each club adopted their own (not sure if you were being sarcastic on that)... but if you think about it, it's not really that effective as an advertising tool. Most people ignore the trending box and those that do click on the hashtags will just see a bunch of randoms bantering with other randoms. We've yet to have anyone pop into our threads and ask "Hey guys, what's this all about?"

Oh well, as they say... perseverance is the key. Good luck with your venture... as part of a declaration of peace I offer to you #geauxdragons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back