Competition S31 Qooty Tipping

Remove this Banner Ad

8th place
In 8th place for the season we have @cadsky.
In 8th place for the season we have @Morphius of Zion.

In 8th place for the season we have Mozzie19.

The most annoying tipster this season, the Wonders captain (who he shall henceforth be known) managed to change his username more times that he won rounds of tipping. He also refused to change his avatar more times than he won rounds. He tipped in all but 2 rounds this season, getting 45 correct tips and 303 margin. His best week was Round 1 getting 6/6 (7) and his worst week was Round 4 getting 1/6 (6). His average tips per week was 3.0.

Thank you for competing Wonders captain.

7th place
In 7th place for the season we have Test Tickle.

Testy was right on pace to win the tips before a late season fade out and missing 3 of the last 6 rounds of tipping. He managed to get 46 correct tips for the season and 406 off the margin. His best week was Round 4 going 4/6 (0) and his worst week was Round 10 going 2/6 (10). his average correct tips per week was 3.3. Testy was, in my opinion, the best tipster this season for multiple reasons. After 5 rounds, he was averaging 3.6 correct tips and a margin average of just 4.4 away. On 9 occasions for the season he was within 10 points of the margin, including getting it exactly correct in Round 4. If you exclude the 3 rounds he missed, he would've had the second closest margin for the season. If he had've tipped every week at his average, he would've won the comp by 4 tips. He was also the only person in the entire competition that managed to get at least 2 correct tips in every week he tipped.

Thank you for competing Test Tickle.

6th place
In 6th place for the season we have Riviat.

One of two tipsters to place their tips pre-season, Riviat was locked in to all home teams for the entire season. This turned out to be a decent ploy as he couldn't miss any rounds for the entire season. The only downside was he forgot to put in a margin, so got the automatic 69 each week. He managed to get 47 correct tips for the season and was 841 off the margin. His best week was Round 16 going 5/6 (56) and his worst week was Round 3 going 1/6 (63). His average correct tips per week was 2.8. Of all tipsters, Riviat had the highest margin differential, averaging nearly 50 points off per week.

Thank you for competing Riviat.

5th place
In 5th place for the season we have ClarkeM.

Clarkey was the same as Riviat, so see above but with a different margin.

Thank you for competing ClarkeM.

4th place
In 4th place for the season we have MC Bad Genius.

We thought we had lost MCBG for good when he took some time off mid-season, but alas, he submitted some tips before leaving and reaped the benefits whilst away. Bad Genius only missed the one week for the season and managed to correctly get 48 tips for the season and a margin of 461. His best week was Round 5 going 6/6 (57) and his worst week was Round 15 going 0/6 (59). His average correct tips per week was 3.0. MCBG was one of two tipsters that managed to correctly go 6/6 and also 0/6 this season.

Thank you for competing MC Bad Genius.

3rd place
1622452021024.png

In 3rd place for the season we have serial_thrilla.

ST was the only tipster that submitted tips each and every week, however, he didn't get off to such a great start, 0/6 in the first week. He was right up there in contention before results went blind, but had a horrid end to the season with scores of 1/6, 2/6 and 1/6 (with the 2 being the draw) to finish the season. He still managed to correctly tip 48 winners this season and was out number 1 in terms of margin differential being just 214 off for the season. His best week was Round 13 going 5/6 (32) and his worst week being Round 1 going 0/6 (1). Thrilla was the only tipster in the top four that didn't manage a perfect 6/6 round. His average correct tips per week was 2.8. Amazingly, ST had the equal fourth worst tips/week but still managed to crack the top 3 for getting em in every week. He was clearly the best with margin differential, with 11/17 margins within 10 points including getting it exact in Round 8.

Congratulations on your third place finish and thank you for competing serial_thrilla.​

2nd place
1622454259720.png

In 2nd place for the season we have Wosh.

Wosh had a very slow start to the season, only tipping in 2 of the first 4 weeks, but then hit a perfect round in week 5 and didn't miss a tip since. She often got in with her tips on a Sunday night, proving how slack I was towards the end of the season. Despite missing two weeks worth of tipping as well as getting a 0/6 during the season, Wosh was one of just two tipsters to get 50 tips or more for the season, finishing on exactly 50 tips. She was also just 328 points away from the margin. Her best week was Round 5 going 6/6 (8) and her worst week was a mere 7 days later in Round 6 going 0/6 (17). Wosh stormed up the leaderboard late in the season, averaging nearly four correct tips a week for the final 7 weeks. Her average correct tips per week was 3.3. Wosh was the only tipster in the competition to go from 6/6 one week to 0/6 the next.

Congratulations on your second place finish and thank you for competing Wosh.​

View attachment 1142765

In 2nd place for the season we have Wosh.

Wosh had a very slow start to the season, only tipping in 2 of the first 4 weeks, but then hit a perfect round in week 5 and didn't miss a tip since. She often got in with her tips on a Sunday night, proving how slack I was towards the end of the season. Despite missing two weeks worth of tipping as well as getting a 0/6 during the season, Wosh was one of just two tipsters to get 50 tips or more for the season, finishing on exactly 50 tips. She was also just 328 points away from the margin. Her best week was Round 5 going 6/6 (8) and her worst week was a mere 7 days later in Round 6 going 0/6 (17). Wosh stormed up the leaderboard late in the season, averaging nearly four correct tips a week for the final 7 weeks. Her average correct tips per week was 3.3. Wosh was the only tipster in the competition to go from 6/6 one week to 0/6 the next.

Congratulations on your second place finish and thank you for competing Wosh.​
Thanks for running this Halfy 👍🏻

1st place
1622454648458.png

In 1st place for the season and the Season 31 Qooty Tipping champion we have DockerDen5215!

The Warriors rookie was fantastic with his tipping in his rookie campaign this season and takes out our top prize for the best tipster! Den only missed one weeks worth of tips but also managed a 0/6 one week but held off the fast finishing Wosh to claim the medal. Den was the only tipster in the game to correctly get over 50% of all games correct this season, getting a very cool 52/102 possible tips for S31. As well as this he was only 232 points off the margin, second best in the league. Interestingly enough, Den was the only competitor in the top four to not get neither a 6/6 or a 0/6. His best week was Rounds 5 and 14 going 5/6 (5) on both occasions and his worst week was Round 15 going 1/6 (49). His average correct tips per week was 3.3. Den was the tipster with the most 5/6 rounds, hitting this 3 times throughout the season as well as 14/17 rounds with the correct margin of 15 or less including a perfect 0 in round 9.

Congratulations on winning the Season 31 Qooty Tipping competition and thank you for competing DockerDen5215. Can everyone please join me in raising a glass to the winner.

1622455268269.png

View attachment 1142783

In 1st place for the season and the Season 31 Qooty Tipping champion we have DockerDen5215!

The Warriors rookie was fantastic with his tipping in his rookie campaign this season and takes out our top prize for the best tipster! Den only missed one weeks worth of tips but also managed a 0/6 one week but held off the fast finishing Wosh to claim the medal. Den was the only tipster in the game to correctly get over 50% of all games correct this season, getting a very cool 52/102 possible tips for S31. As well as this he was only 232 points off the margin, second best in the league. Interestingly enough, Den was the only competitor in the top four to not get neither a 6/6 or a 0/6. His best week was Rounds 5 and 14 going 5/6 (5) on both occasions and his worst week was Round 15 going 1/6 (49). His average correct tips per week was 3.3. Den was the tipster with the most 5/6 rounds, hitting this 3 times throughout the season as well as 14/17 rounds with the correct margin of 15 or less including a perfect 0 in round 9.

Congratulations on winning the Season 31 Qooty Tipping competition and thank you for competing DockerDen5215. Can everyone please join me in raising a glass to the winner.

View attachment 1142787
Nice one Den, well done 🥳

200.gif
I would like to thank The Half Back for running the tipping competition, and also thank all the other tippers who competed. I really didn't think I would win after my abysmal last couple of weeks of tipping, but I just managed to hold on.

Den only missed one weeks worth of tips but also managed a 0/6 one week but held off the fast finishing Wosh to claim the medal. Den was the only tipster in the game to correctly get over 50% of all games correct this season, getting a very cool 52/102 possible tips for S31. As well as this he was only 232 points off the margin, second best in the league. Interestingly enough, Den was the only competitor in the top four to not get neither a 6/6 or a 0/6.
Either I'm tripping up over a double negative or the bolded makes no sense. I'm calling shenanigans. As such, I think the whole competition is null and void and DockerDen5215's win is deemed fake news.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Either I'm tripping up over a double negative or the bolded makes no sense. I'm calling shenanigans. As such, I think the whole competition is null and void and DockerDen5215's win is deemed fake news.
That is me misreading my own numbers. The 0 was in a margin column and not a tips column.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back