"Sack Goodwin!"

Remove this Banner Ad

How many of our assistant coaches were dismissed from their previous role before their contract was up?

If someone’s out of contract and they get better terms elsewhere, there’s no “letting” about it.

By this logic, every assistant we hire to replace this mob will be s**t too because someone else let them walk

Didn't we go hard at dew but swans didn't want to let go of an assistant coach so he could be an assistant some where else. Anyway the thing that worries me about Goodwin is he didn't exactly come from a successful club. Melbourne and Essendon seem very similar as in both teams don't seem to have a good structure. Sure there's some exciting football here and there but overall doesn't feel like we're getting anywhere. I think of the preliminary final from last year I felt the first 5 minutes were pretty good but we just had an in ability to hit the scoreboard. Once west coast got their first so easily the team just capitulated after that, there was more than just stage fright, it was a lack of structure that was costly. Anyway I'm ok with keeping Goodwin but he needs to be surrounded by better personal. Troy Chaplin for example his role is offensive coordinator he doesn't seem at all the right person for that role. Jade Rawlings as the backline coach, how come our backline look so disorganised all the time. Can't remember the exact situation but I think it was in the second quarter against gws. There was a stoppage on the 50metre arc and all I could noticed was petty? Being caught out trying to cover two blokes, looks like he was trying to call for some assistance but he got nothing. There's probably numerous examples but this sticks in my mind as I had a perfect view. Anyways I'm ranting now, too many years of the same old, time for some change.
Before Clarkson became coach at Hawthorn his resume was an assistant under Tim Watson at StKilda, VFL coach Sanfl coach and assistant coach for a single year at Port in their premiership year.

Chris Scott was an assistant coach at Fremantle and rejected by port for Matthew Primus before getting the Geelong job.

On the other hand Mark Neeld was Mick Malthouse's right hand man at Collingwood in 2010 and 2011.

Brendan Bolton was an assistant at Hawthorn during their threepeat.

Don't put too much weight into coaching pedigrees.

If everybody on this board on a regular basis (okay - already a looming flaw in my plan) teams up and puts up an agreed amount of cash, then maybe we could become an important coterie and influence board decisions and some such?

I like the idea of a Bigfooty coterie of powerbroker types. I can buy a new senior coach, Schmuttt can buy Trac a Jenny Craig diet, Topkent can buy some kind of macho defensive coach and Toump Ass can buy everybody drugs.

If someone’s out of contract and they get better terms elsewhere, there’s no “letting” about it.

By this logic, every assistant we hire to replace this mob will be **** too because someone else let them walk

Sorry quoted the wrong post, was meant to be rinsing gys

If everybody on this board on a regular basis (okay - already a looming flaw in my plan) teams up and puts up an agreed amount of cash, then maybe we could become an important coterie and influence board decisions and some such?

I like the idea of a Bigfooty coterie of powerbroker types. I can buy a new senior coach, Schmuttt can buy Trac a Jenny Craig diet, Topkent can buy some kind of macho defensive coach and Toump Ass can buy everybody drugs.

First bit of hiring would be Spud Frawley, Martyn, Merrett and any other old school defender to teach Omac how to spoil like someone who didn't just get there nails done.

Little ear massage thrown in is ok aswell.

First bit of hiring would be Spud Frawley, Martyn, Merrett and any other old school defender to teach Omac how to spoil like someone who didn't just get there nails done.

Little ear massage thrown in is ok aswell.
Not very fair.

The bloke is hard as. His back of head spoils showed scant regard for styling.

Not very fair.

The bloke is hard as. His back of head spoils showed scant regard for styling.

Not to mention that time Top Kent took him out to the back paddock to put him down and he spoiled the shot gun out of TKs with the back of his head and then fumbled it on the ground or whatever....

....not many things return from the back paddock alive, or half alive as the case may be for OMAC

Before Clarkson became coach at Hawthorn his resume was an assistant under Tim Watson at StKilda, VFL coach Sanfl coach and assistant coach for a single year at Port in their premiership year.

Chris Scott was an assistant coach at Fremantle and rejected by port for Matthew Primus before getting the Geelong job.

On the other hand Mark Neeld was Mick Malthouse's right hand man at Collingwood in 2010 and 2011.

Brendan Bolton was an assistant at Hawthorn during their threepeat.

Don't put too much weight into coaching pedigrees.
Fair point I got carried away in my rant. I totally forgot about Neeld. When I think about it I was really happy about getting Neeld and was enthusiastic about his 'toughest to beat mantra'. I even remember defending Neeld early on in 2012 when things weren't looking great and I had mates telling me he can't coach. I came around a few weeks later when it was evident the players had no confidence and the game plan was rubbish or didn't suit the players.

They will never fire him but I tend to agree. Maybe keep him on as a figurehead but all the other coaches need to be swapped out

Are you dr. Truth / blitznu
Not 1 profanity and you think its me you silly campaigner. Like when the * have i ever used a ! Wouldnt know where to put the campaigner of a thing

Not 1 profanity and you think its me you silly campaigner. Like when the **** have i ever used a ! Wouldnt know where to put the campaigner of a thing

That’s the ******* proof you w***er! Obviously you are trying to hide your identify / bogan-ness

That’s the ******* proof you ******! Obviously you are trying to hide your identify / bogan-ness
* me imagine having that piss poor of a life you need to make another account. Yeah nah im right being a bogan aint got time for that nor do i reckon i could just turn off being a bogan for whatever ****ed up reason having 2 accounts was 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** me imagine having that piss poor of a life you need to make another account. Yeah nah im right being a bogan aint got time for that nor do i reckon i could just turn off being a bogan for whatever ****** up reason having 2 accounts was 4.

I was just jerkin your chain mate!

Agree two accounts is a bad sign of a poor life.

I was just jerkin your chain mate!

Agree two accounts is a bad sign of a poor life.
Haha just surprised thats all. Plus ive never said sack goodwin that i can recall might have been blind though.

For some reason I thought you had an anti spargo thing though

For some reason I thought you had an anti spargo thing though
Yeah cant stand the campaigner cant tackle, submits b4 even being tackled, cant kick 40. Not my sort of player. Just dont rate the lil campaigner

Go easy big dog. There’s a lot of fight in that little terrier.
He curls up b4 opposition even hits him. Gotta take the tackle and get rid of the ball cant just submit does my ******* head in. Or tackling just gets shrugged off like he isnt even there. I want him to come back next year with legs like Petracca cause bloke isnt fast either

What! Is he barracking for the Bombers now?

He's not a very good coach and doesn't seem to have very good coaches around him. If we play like a turd next season, pay him out and get someone else. This club simply cannot afford to pi$$ away the work PJ and Roos did. Supposedly another learning experience last night, and yet it was identical to the WCE game two weeks ago. He clearly learns nothing and this club learns nothing as the same s**t repeats over and over again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back