"Sack Goodwin!"

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
All teams have unexpected down years? Spoken like someone who accepts losing and failure.

Thats whats wrong with the Dee's.
You lost me at the possessive apostrophe...
Yet no apostrophe for Thats & whats.
1559973091236.png

I'm disappointed in how easy the media is going on Goodwin and the club. 'We're working on it' doesn't cut it when you get progressively worse at something throughout the year.

steve0908

Debutant
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
We will start to gel. I saw some great work from Lever and May. Weidemen kicked two and looks like he’ll play out the year. Maybe we should try Preuss again at full forward and let Tom go back to the reserves and find his feet again. Absolutely gutted for Goody he tries his best and I couldn’t think of a better person to guide the club post Roos. I’m hopeful of a massive comeback after the bye. Maybe even going win to every game for the rest of the season bar Collingwood. With other results going our way we could finish 8th. Lions are going to be our true litmus test. I’ll be there cause god knows we’ve been a rabble ever time I’ve lived in Melbourne. Go dees!

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

I'm disappointed in how easy the media is going on Goodwin and the club. 'We're working on it' doesn't cut it when you get progressively worse at something throughout the year.

Didn't someone ask him that the inside forward 50/goal kicking externally looked as if it hasn't improved and asked Goodwin said it had. It's a broken record we keep hearing we're improving but we're not seeing it. Melbourne's inside 50 efficiently is improving at a rate similar to Australia's continental drift North, it's very very very slow. Melbourne will be a tropical paradise quicker than Melbourne hitting a target in forward 50 twice in a row.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
He has until the end of next season to fix things or he is gone. The more we play like absolute s**t with the way we use the ball the more I worry about his ability to turn things around. 100% all the assistants should be under serious review too, at least a couple of them need to be gone.

Yeah, the heat needs to be turning up on the whole footy dept. at the moment. Making same mistakes each game without any consistent improvement; skills are very poor and effort has been patchy all year. Don't need to bring out the guillotine but go over what we're doing and where we can actually change things up (rather than have a session on the beach somewhere or sit in a circle and hang each other out to dry once every 6 months).

Marc_Remillard

Maderator
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think I was probably one of the few who wasn't impressed with Goodwin in his first year. The signs were definitely there and we have absolutely under performed under him, however even I realise that we can't cut him this year.

I just hope we don't trade a ******* top 5 pick for yet another defender again. FFS get in midfielders

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think I was probably one of the few who wasn't impressed with Goodwin in his first year. The signs were definitely there and we have absolutely under performed under him, however even I realise that we can't cut him this year.

I just hope we don't trade a ******* top 5 pick for yet another defender again. FFS get in midfielders
Yeah we need a midfielder. Absolutely desperately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ablett2Garland

Club Legend
Apr 8, 2015
10 Beers deep with Steven May
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
San Jose Sharks, Oakland Raiders
Why can’t we go out and hire a coach to help Goody out that would have a special proficiency in mending forward entries. Almost like...a forward coach?

other clubs go out and target key coaching talent, hawks - smitchell, tiges - caracella, saints - ratten. MFC persist with Chaplin, Rooke, Plapp types

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Didn't someone ask him that the inside forward 50/goal kicking externally looked as if it hasn't improved and asked Goodwin said it had. It's a broken record we keep hearing we're improving but we're not seeing it. Melbourne's inside 50 efficiently is improving at a rate similar to Australia's continental drift North, it's very very very slow. Melbourne will be a tropical paradise quicker than Melbourne hitting a target in forward 50 twice in a row.

FYI last 4 weeks our inside 50 efficiency we've been around 40% the first few rounds it was around 32%

So you aren't wrong with your analogy. But the improvement has come somewhat due to less inside 50's as opposed to really improving the fundamental issues

Reality IS

Debutant
May 8, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
The Dee's get beaten the same way each and every week.

Its simply coaching and a rigid style of play that isn't yielding results....look at how open the opposition forward line is every single week then flip it and look at the dee's forward line its a cluster f*ck with no space its no wonder MacDonald isn;t playing well.

He has until the end of next season to fix things or he is gone. The more we play like absolute **** with the way we use the ball the more I worry about his ability to turn things around. 100% all the assistants should be under serious review too, at least a couple of them need to be gone.
Ease up sailor.

He takes over a club that hasn't played finals in 10 years.

Goes 12-10
14- 8 (PF)
3 - 9

So he then gets sacked and has 3 years paid out on a contract? lol

Let's be serious there are issues that he needs to fix, no doubt. But when players are routinely kicking themselves out of games there is a mental issue that can't be blamed soley on the coach

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Ease up sailor.

He takes over a club that hasn't played finals in 10 years.

Goes 12-10
14- 8 (PF)
3 - 9

So he then gets sacked and has 3 years paid out on a contract? lol

Let's be serious there are issues that he needs to fix, no doubt. But when players are routinely kicking themselves out of games there is a mental issue that can't be blamed soley on the coach
He won’t be sacked this year but he was parachuted into the job and had his hand held by Roos for 12 months as well as being handed a list that was universally seen as one of the best in the league, and even with all that he’ll have a win percentage under 50 by the end of the year at this rate.

If the clubs sitting here this time next year he’s got to be in real ******* trouble

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
He won’t be sacked this year but he was parachuted into the job and had his hand held by Roos for 12 months as well as being handed a list that was universally seen as one of the best in the league, and even with all that he’ll have a win percentage under 50 by the end of the year at this rate.

If the clubs sitting here this time next year he’s got to be in real ******* trouble
Agree. Will be cut slack this year but this time next year will be sweating if results are the same.

Reality IS

Debutant
May 8, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
So the Dee's with the much talked "great list" are going to write off a season? There is no ramifications just oh well wait until mid next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back