Sack the Selectors

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 576311

Now being the slowest seam bowler is something that keeps players OUT of the Australian team..... 3 of them with 60+ FC matches and 25 averages are playing in Adelaide this week and all three can bowl long spells and all three are in form (Sayers 6-150-46ov match figures, Mennie 6-80-38ov, Copeland 9-130-49ov) and are being ignored. If only their surname was Marsh....

My only look at Mennie was when he got that test not long ago, geez he looked pedestrian. I think Copeland got a go a while back didn't he? I think he did ok and I reckon he'd come into consideration if Siddle and Hazlewood were out, they tend to like one reliable seamer in the side.

I think Sayers should have had a go by now though, I heard he was good with the pink ball so i thought at least a day/night test would be worth a look.

FWIW..I wouldnt mind seeing this
Renshaw
Finch
Khawaja / Feguson or S Marsh If Khawaja not fit
Head
Pocovski / Maxwell, Hopefully Pocovski scores a few more runs and they have to play him
Stoinis / Lambushagne, Depends what sort of wicket

My only look at Mennie was when he got that test not long ago, geez he looked pedestrian. I think Copeland got a go a while back didn't he? I think he did ok and I reckon he'd come into consideration if Siddle and Hazlewood were out, they tend to like one reliable seamer in the side.

I think Sayers should have had a go by now though, I heard he was good with the pink ball so i thought at least a day/night test would be worth a look.
Sayers has had a (albeit brief) go. He played the 4th test in South Africa this year.

Your point about Mennie is sort of the problem a bit. We pick players based on how they look as opposed to how effective they are.

Sayers has had a (albeit brief) go. He played the 4th test in South Africa this year.

Your point about Mennie is sort of the problem a bit. We pick players based on how they look as opposed to how effective they are.

Ah yep, not surprising I missed that one I guess given the circumstances.

Fair point about Mennie I guess, might be good in helpful conditions but didn’t seem to have many tricks otherwise, I don’t think his figures in his test were too flash.

Mennie wasn’t altogether hopeless in his test but his quiet performance was exaggerated by the fact that Australia got pummelled, and once De kock and bavuma found their range, things went south at breakneck speed

The average poster on this board compared to the selectors doesn't know two fifths of **** all and is biased with state partisan rubbish.
I say sack the selectors and to choose the new panel we'll hold Australia's Got Talent style auditions to a panel made up of distinguished BF Cricket Board posters with a live finale spectacular to be held on the eve of the first Test featuring music from Shannon Noll and hosted by Greg Ritchie.

The average poster on this board compared to the selectors doesn't know two fifths of **** all and is biased with state partisan rubbish.
I think if you just inserted the word "who" after the word "selectors" then you are closer to the truth (singular v plural aside).

And batting Maxwell currently averaging 26 would make much difference. They both have flaws and they both get found out at test level.
Maxwell has never played on an Australian highway.

Look I really don't give a s**t about what state they're from.

Mitchell Marsh isn't a test cricketers arsehole.

Maxwell has never played on an Australian highway.

Look I really don't give a s**t about what state they're from.

Mitchell Marsh isn't a test cricketers arsehole.

Maxwell may not be the answer, but if he was given the dream run M Marsh has i bet his stats would be alot better than Marsh's. He deserves at least an opportunity

Geezus christ I like Maxwell and for the 100th time would have happily picked him but the way the Bushranger boner brigade boys on this board go on about him is flat out embarrassing.

Yo be fair to them when Mitch Marsh gets preferred after stinking it up for 30+ tests you know other fans will blow up deluxe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Career wise you can cite one hundred that was two years ago. Do i think he could face 190 balls with the objective being a draw? Not a hope in hell. Look i think he'll get a chance for Marsh this summer but the output will be similar medium to long term and Head, Lambuche, Renshaw, Handscomb all look like better long term options for mine.

Maxwell is 31 and judging by his Jlt form hardly set the world on fire. If i honestly thought I'd seen him adapt his game and develop it like Finch in the last two years I'd be all in but for me he's the same flaky player with questionable shot choices. You can argue the same for Head, Lambuche ect but they're on first go Glenn isn't unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk
Other than Renshaw, the players you listed are spuds who are barely decent shield players.

The selectors don’t get credit when they get it right that’s for sure, like with Renshaw. They have a very tough job at the moment, they have to pick 11 players and barely any bats are in form and half don’t really deserve a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back