Saints Leigh Fisher umpiring a Saints game

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agent

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Former St Kilda player Leigh Fisher umpired yesterday's game against the Eagles. Just putting this out there as it's a disgrace and should be called out for what it is. A big f**king joke this game has become.

A major conflict of interest here. AFL stop with this corruption please. No hiding this under the carpet for the future integrity of this sport.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

David Rodan was also a goal umpire in the Port match.

Former St Kilda player Leigh Fisher umpired yesterday's game against the Eagles. Just putting this out there as it's a disgrace and should be called out for what it is. A big f**king joke this game has become.

A major conflict of interest here. AFL stop with this corruption please. No hiding this under the carpet for the future integrity of this sport.

Huge if true

Not only that, but former St Kilda players Jamie Cripps and Mark Hutchings were playing for the Eagles. Umpire and 2 players working from the inside. Brave win Eagles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People point to the free count but there were a number of times we should've been awarded free kicks that were let go that either cost us opportunities on goal or directly cost us goals. You know it's bad when even the normally biased commentary team highlighted it on a number of occasions.

NFI if he was the controlling umpire in those situations though but it's an indictment on the state of umpiring in general.

Hear what you’re saying but I think it actually goes against us if you keep an eye on games he umpires involving us we tend to actually get a raw deal anything 50/50 he doesn’t tend to pay our way almost like he doesn’t want to be accused of what you’re alluding to. Also it’s been a long time since he played football for st kilda no one is currently at our club from when he was playing .

Jordan Bannister was one of the worst when umpiring for Carlton.

An umpire who had a substantial amount of former West Coast Eagles players on his social media cost Collingwood a Premiership. Get over it.

My Mrs is a huge saints fan and she hates it when Leigh fisher umpires their games. There is definitely no favouritism there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back