Official Club Stuff SAINTS PLEDGE (Total Raised: $207,114.00 - 04/08/2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

I understand that. I don’t understand the point. I’m not getting my money back. I pledged it the minute I got it. Same next year and the next and hopefully at least another 15 years or more.
This is about the club reaching out to people and specifically stating the importance of their membership right now in supporting the club despite getting effectively nothing in return. The club ignoring people who have paid a lot of money isn't a good thing and this small gesture and a name of the banner is something that helps include people.

It is fundamentally a marketing stategy but when the "profit" is ensuring the club survives strongly its one I can get behind.

Have pledged my membership and will donate as soon as my pay comes through later this week. Do we know if any other clubs are doing anything like this?

Don't want to take away from any of the positivity here either, but I've not been able to keep up with what the club has been doing in the last couple of months. How are we going, are we in a good position to be able to come out strong from this?

Go Saints!
We should be fine, this is all about us coming out the other end in a position to challenge for a premiership and not just make up the numbers being in a massive amount of debt.

I'm sure this fundraising campaign will be instrumental in helping the club succeed.

Except you would in terms of bookkeeping despite intent.

Say you have paid 33% of your membership, that's 66% unpaid. You may have intent to pay, but you simply need to think of it as "I am confirming I will pay, and this will be complete" or "I have paid, and you may keep".

Not everyone is in our position, not everyone will or can, at present, go "I still want this leisure expense", the option exists for those people to open further discussion and allow for alternative options. For everyone else it is simply a Boolean check.
It’s coming out of the bank. There is no way our club or any club is going to stop that just because I didn’t pledge. They may stop it if you ask them to stop it but they aren’t going for any other reason. If they did they will lose a fortune based on 42000 haven’t pledged and I’d say more than half wouldn’t even have a clue about pledging or not.

This is about the club reaching out to people and specifically stating the importance of their membership right now in supporting the club despite getting effectively nothing in return. The club ignoring people who have paid a lot of money isn't a good thing and this small gesture and a name of the banner is something that helps include people.

It is fundamentally a marketing stategy but when the "profit" is ensuring the club survives strongly its one I can get behind.
I have no problem with the club doing what they are doing. I’m talking from a members point of view not the club. Of course the club have got to show they care otherwise some will say as usual the club don’t care. It’s great that they care but as a member it doesn’t seem to make sense that I then have to pledge something I’ve already pledged. My money will keep coming out until October even if I don’t pledge. Some supporters may feel better if 20k eventually pledge their membership. I will feel better if 43000k just keep paying whether they pledge or not.

It gives members 3 options.

1. Pledge to keep your 2020 membership regardless of what happens
2. An avenue to donate money. $50+ Will count as a membership if you choose to not take up option 1. Groups can also form and donate as a dedicated group.
3. You can also do 1 and 2 together if you can. Including paying it forward and pay for other people’s membership.

Additional information regarding refunds and/or credit transfers for 2021 will be released this week.
Boy i hope your wrong about the refunds bit , There is now way they should even talk about refunds IMO , if people ring the club and want a refund ,Fine do it , but dont advertise with a Click here to get your refund on the website , its only going to encourage people to want a refund .
I would hope our finance and marteting people are smarter than that .
I know some people will want a refund as they feel they have paid for something that they never received but add up all the food and beers , i bet your in front :p

Have pledged my membership and will donate as soon as my pay comes through later this week. Do we know if any other clubs are doing anything like this?

Don't want to take away from any of the positivity here either, but I've not been able to keep up with what the club has been doing in the last couple of months. How are we going, are we in a good position to be able to come out strong from this?

Go Saints!
me, i pledge my membership.

will donate when my my next pay comes in.

I have no problem with the club doing what they are doing. I’m talking from a members point of view not the club. Of course the club have got to show they care otherwise some will say as usual the club don’t care. It’s great that they care but as a member it doesn’t seem to make sense that I then have to pledge something I’ve already pledged. My money will keep coming out until October even if I don’t pledge. Some supporters may feel better if 20k eventually pledge their membership. I will feel better if 43000k just keep paying whether they pledge or not.
For me it's more the fact that they wouldn't be asking us to do it if they didn't have a reason.
Whether it's an accounting thing or just marketing, it doesn't really matter.

They see some kind of benefit and all they are asking us to do is spent 10 seconds clicking a couple of buttons.

Pledged my membership, made a donation, bought a T-Shirt.

Kind of feel like I do when I come back penniless from the footy, but without the queasy too much Marvel food and drinks feeling and that extra beenie.

Same game day guilt. Without the calories.

I think I’m winning.

You’re missing the point, here Plugger.
Of course, as a paid up member who intends to stay that way, there’s nothing we have to do or prove.

It’s a marketing exercise to build a groundswell of unity and support in order to bolster the club and hopefully get some new members at a time when footy has largely been forgotten. To get the club “marching” again if you will, and if you are on on Twitter you can see so many people have pledged their support
(read loyalty) there is a good feeling about it. At the same time, it gives the club some idea of how much membership money it can still rely on this season.

It’s a ”Strength through Loyalty” type of thing and it appears to be working so far.

It's free, if you don't want to pledge don't pledge. Simple.

Thanks for your advise. I couldn’t live without it. Sorry I’m asking to try and get the point of it and at least some have given reasons.
Ok

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now I know the reasons them I have pledged. Is this comment allowed?
Honestly lets end this conversation here. If you want to pledge, then pledge. If you don't want to pledge, then don't. This isn't the 'Will plugger pledge his membership' thread. I rather focus on how successful this has been than argue with you over something so trivial. If this negatively impacted you then I would understand why you would be hesitant, but this doesn't impact you negatively so I cannot see why you labour the point.

I don't think people here really care if you pledge or not, I am confused as to why we keep speaking on it.

There is no risk involved in pledging.
Pledging does not impact you negatively.
Pledging helps the club's sustainability and allows the club to financially plan appropriately.

This has all been provided to you in previous posts so lets move on now. I don't want this thread filled with this stuff.

Honestly lets end this conversation here. If you want to pledge, then pledge. If you don't want to pledge, then don't. This isn't the 'Will plugger pledge his membership' thread. I rather focus on how successful this has been than argue with you over something so trivial. If this negatively impacted you then I would understand why you would be hesitant, but this doesn't impact you negatively so I cannot see why you labour the point.

I don't think people here really care if you pledge or not, I am confused as to why we keep speaking on it.

There is no risk involved in pledging.
Pledging does not impact you negatively.
Pledging helps the club's sustainability and allows the club to financially plan appropriately.

This has all been provided to you in previous posts so lets move on now. I don't want this thread filled with this stuff.
What ever you say boss. The point is being a mod allows you to say anything but if I say something you don’t like you delete or even worse bam me for trivial stuff. I asked questions why. Some people kindly answered. You gave a smartarese response. It was never about me. It was about the reasoning I hope the club get plenty out of this. Not once have I suggested anyone shouldn’t pledge or donate. Some of us do or have done plenty for the club. That doesn’t mean asking questions makes it about me or is negative. The more that donate the better.

What ever you say boss. The point is being a mod allows you to say anything but if I say something you don’t like you delete or even worse bam me for trivial stuff. I asked questions why. Some people kindly answered. You gave a smartarese response. It was never about me. It was about the reasoning I hope the club get plenty out of this. Not once have I suggested anyone shouldn’t pledge or donate. Some of us do or have done plenty for the club. That doesn’t mean asking questions makes it about me or is negative. The more that donate the better.
Ok great lets move on.

Pledged my membership, made a donation, bought a T-Shirt.

Kind of feel like I do when I come back penniless from the footy, but without the queasy too much Marvel food and drinks feeling and that extra beenie.

Same game day guilt. Without the calories.

I think I’m winning.

I figured I'd donate about as much as I spend on a night out to them on top of membership pledge. I can't waste money on it at the moment so the club might as well have it instead. My braincells and liver will be happy too.

Glad about that. Think I may pledge now.

I don't know that you can even do it. Aren't you an AFL member with a nominated club? If so I don't know if their system has a facility for that. You could still jump on a send $50 over so they get some extra cash. You'd give that to the TAB or at a session at Sonder. You know you love the exquisite pain that only the Saints can give.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back