Salopek to be traded to Essendon?

Remove this Banner Ad

all im trying to say is he has done very well for a debut season and has shown alot.

im glad he is playing

but i can't help but think his disposal clangers have been THE worst i have seen from any AFL player in the last, hmmm, 15 years?

that said, clearly that mnust be out of character from what he can do at training and at SNAFL or the club would not be playing him

this suggests psychological pressuring which a bit of confidence can fix

id let him go up forward for a few games to get the ball without the pressure of a turnover of mistake costing a goal

but lets be brutal. if what we saw of him was from a 20 game player you'd never play him again

also, the venom i've read here on meyer, well, i see meyer as being more deserving of a game that this kid so far.

Moore could end up a handy player, the sort you pick up in the draft around pick 30 to 45
Anyone that thinks he is worthy of top ten needs to see there Doctor about getting there medication increased:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Moore could end up a handy player, the sort you pick up in the draft around pick 30 to 45

That type of assessment can only be made after 3 or 4 years. We didn't draft him for the player he would be in his first game, we drafted him for the played he'd be after 50 games plus. Lets give him some time.

How many first year players have stand out seasons playing on a back flank?

That type of assessment can only be made after 3 or 4 years. We didn't draft him for the player he would be in his first game, we drafted him for the played he'd be after 50 games plus. Lets give him some time.

How many first year players have stand out seasons playing on a back flank?
I look at it as how many half back flankers get drafted in the top ten,not saying he wont make a player but high draft picks are the corner stone players you build your premiership team around.
I just cant see him in that class....handy yes even a good solid contributor but elite no way.
But as always i could be wrong

You could be right, but we won't know for a couple of years. He was touted as a top 10 pick, so was obviously an outstanding junior. I don't think he'll play his whole career across half back, he has the potential to be a utility and play some footy across half forward, and as a ruck rover.

I reckon Moore is worthy of being top 10. He's spent a large part of this season injured and when he's come back into the AFL side, he has been asked to do some challenging jobs. Defensively he's done some super things.

When focusing on his kicking clangers (and yes they are bad), we should also acknowledge his handball smother late in the game and that passage of play in the third quarter which resulted in a dropped mark by Stewart.

I'd say that 80% of what he does is fine. It's just the one or two errant unpressured kicks he produces in every game and the odd instance where his judgement in defence is poor (e.g. misjudging the spoil or going to ground and getting caught HTB).

If he stays fit, I expect him to be every bit as good as Paul Stewart, who has turned out to be a pretty deserving top 25 player in a good draft - the only criticism of Stewart's drafting is that we ignored Tippett.

Apparently Carlton are keen. Surprising to me but thats the info.
What is his value to you guys, taking into account the fact he wants to go to Vic and is out of contract. Im not saying you want Jacobs, but if you did what more would we have to give?

No 2 for 1's and no quantity = quality trades either. I'd take JR and thats about it to be honest.

You blokes are always saying how much you want to play Gibbs in the midfield but cant afford to lose his quality disposal out of half back, well Salopek is your genuine in-traffic midfielder, also with an elite kick.

My money is on him staying anyway in all honesty.

I could live with a Wood for Salopek swap.

Cool, what would you want for Salopek?

Fact eh?
are you his brother? or best mate? or are you really Salopek posing as a Carlton supporter? or are you just making s**t up

BIB is one of our best and most reliable sources on the Carlton board. He has a very good source. Don't need to worry about him, he won't come on here making stuff up :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im glad he is playing

but i can't help but think his disposal clangers have been THE worst i have seen from any AFL player in the last, hmmm, 15 years?

lol thats a bit harsh. you havent been watching the games i have. im sure there is at least 10 essendon players worse this year. one in particular, i dont know who he is but ive seen them maybe 3 times on telly this year and this one bloke has scrubbed every kick i saw lol.

lol thats a bit harsh. you havent been watching the games i have. im sure there is at least 10 essendon players worse this year. one in particular, i dont know who he is but ive seen them maybe 3 times on telly this year and this one bloke has scrubbed every kick i saw lol.

wow. they must have REALLY been bad

ive seen 2 moore clangers that deserve their own failblog page. one went 2 foot before it hit the ground then rolled around. julia gillards earlobes could have done better

no wonder they bite worse than us as a football team

Missed the TV report, on the way home on 5 double crow, Rowe said he was gone when speaking to Fitzy and something about D Motlop making a decision next week. I thought Motlop was signed for next year? If that's the case the only one's who can make a decision is the club, unless he wants to walk away from the game completely. (He probably has a fight lined up with Mundine;))

Similar to reports last year saying that if Choco wasn't extended Shaun would leave.

Weak as piss.

He can go.

* If rumour is true.
Similar but different. I think it's understandable that Salopek wants to see who is leading the club forward.

Missed the TV report, on the way home on 5 double crow, Rowe said he was gone when speaking to Fitzy and something about D Motlop making a decision next week.

s**t shits me with that station.

All manner of scuttlebutt regarding our players is standard fare, but any speculation on Crows players' futures is dumped for being 'unfair'.

Hey Rex!...Rex!... Gooo and get stuffed!

Expanded salary caps to assist with player retention in SA is required. Players leaving is becoming an alarming trend. If only the club could actually afford to pay out the extra allowance, let alone 100% of the current cap, in the unlikely event it happens.

In the short term going from 92%->100% won't be enough to compete with GC/GWS. In the long term it won't be enough to compete with off-cap 'unrelated 3PP' direct to the player. 10% of Vic+Tas economy (10 clubs) >> 33% of SA economy (say 66/33 split). NONE of that is changeable in the short term. No point in an expanded cap without NET revenue base to pay for it. It is our COSTS that are the only thing that could be changed without distorting everything else around the country. You know where I'm going. Will someone please put the SANFL & AAMI out of our misery. ok enough barking from me.

--

As for Sal. Great start but injured yet again. And surprise surprise negotiations ratchet up just as he finally has the operation (bone graft) that promises to finally fix his shoulder once and for all and on the very same day Griffin says he's not coming to SA ?

LOL what a dirty business. Sal is within his rights to explore what he can get if we were really thinking of splashing on Griffin. If I was Rohde I'd be asking why Sal wouldn't hang out here 2 years for free agency if he's so confident in his shoulder now and then leave as a proven star, at his absolute peak at 28 in 2013.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back