Player Watch Sam Murray - (Delisted 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

When Bucks chastised Murray for his performance after the Richmond game Murray was heard responding:

“I wasn't looking out into the crowd, incidentally, I was watching a seagull. Not just an ordinary seagull. It was the prince of seagulls, dazzling me with blasts of pure white every time its wings caught the sun. The roar of the crowd paid homage to its grace and beauty. You ought to try some, Bucks."
That would really piss Tank O’Donahue off.

What a stupid, stupid boy, if he is found guilty. They all know they get tested after games. Why would you be such an idiot?

And talk about taking points from us? Get real. Most of the season he has played VFL, with only a handful of AFL games. Not like he helped us very much. But I assume he will taken off the rising star (not that he ever had a chance).

I'd like to know if Murray had a strike at Sydney before we recruited him.

A really good point. Under current laws I understand clubs are prohibited from knowing if there has been a strike recorded against a player. Interesting side issue as it calls into question the integrity of the trade process if clubs knowingly off load players if they perceive they have a drug problem to an unwitting buyer.

In this case Swans have got one over on us.

Sure, but not everyone in society makes $200k + per year to, amongst other things, NOT take illicit substances.

These deadbeats get no sympathy from me.

And that is fair. And I am not giving him sympathy - but rather empathy - there is likely a context to what has happened, he does still have legal rights with this process, and he will then have to face the consequences for his actions, as deemed by ASADA.

How he responds to this over the next few months-to-years will be telling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It doesn't need to be anymore technical and scientific when discussing this topic of performance enhancing or not when coming off Amphetamines or Coke. A simple laymen terms will suffice.

http://www.mydr.com.au/addictions/cocaine-what-are-the-effects

Coming down
As the effects of cocaine begin to wear off, a person may experience:

• tension and anxiety
  • radical mood swings
  • depression
  • total exhaustion.

Laymens terms wont suffice.

Obviously lacking a fair amount of information so can only speak generally.

Cocaine is detectable in urine routinely up to 2-4 days after use, unless you are a heavy repeat user or take a really high dose (which tends to be because you are a heavy repeat user).

So a player tested immediately post game could return a positive even if he took the cocaine midweek, in theory.

In which case he might have a legal argument and avoid punishment. This is not an open and shut case as some are assuming.

Will depend on the letter and the spirit of the law and the findings as to when exactly this drug was taken and whether it could reasonably be assumed to not have had an effect on game day.

Club punishment/list management decisions are a seperate issue for later.

UNBELIEVABLE! Give this bloke a medal for creativity. Was sick of reading about how our backline is decimated by injury. He found another way!!

Seriously do AFL trades come with 12 months warranty? What a waste of a trade.

Please tell me we can at least take his money off our books?

The only silver lining here is the contract can be torn up without any cost to Collingwood if he has used PED's - I understand it is a standard clause in all contracts. He wouldn't have been on much coin but at least it free up some space.

If he is found guilty and the penalty is on the lower scale say 1 year, then the club may decide to Rookie list him as they did for Thomas and Keeffe, but I think if we were to get 2 years or more he will be gone.

The only silver lining here is the contract can be torn up without any cost to Collingwood if he has used PED's - I understand it is a standard clause in all contracts. He wouldn't have been on much coin but at least it free up some space.

If he is found guilty and the penalty is on the lower scale say 1 year, then the club may decide to Rookie list him as they did for Thomas and Keeffe, but I think if we were to get 2 years or more he will be gone.
Up the offer to Lynch? Lol.

very disappointing, but there is no time to sulk with us right in the mix for a top 4 position.
Just wondering from the information that we have at the moment can someone who has more knowledge about this please clarify?
1/ Punishment suspension is guaranteed after the investigation?
2/If so what would a minimum suspension best case scenario be ? and what would a worse case scenario suspension be?
3/How long would the asada investigation take to come to some conclusion?
4/ By him not playing seniors or reserves correct me if i am wrong does it count as part of his suspension?

I'd like to know if Murray had a strike at Sydney before we recruited him.

Its entirely possible but according to the confidentiality rules, Sydney might not have even known and even if they did would not be permitted to divulge this information to Collingwood. So conspiracy theories about Sydney selling us a known druggie should be put to rest. It of course would have suited them to not tell us but they wouldnt have been allowed to anyway!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back