Autopsy Same Old St Kilda…..Another Dog Act

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he was trying for a forearm jolt to the chest but if you take that action (like bumping) you have to deal with the consequences if you get it wrong. If Murph misses next week he's a cert to miss 1-2 himself.

I think he was trying for a forearm jolt to the chest but if you take that action (like bumping) you have to deal with the consequences if you get it wrong. If Murph misses next week he's a cert to miss 1-2 himself.
It has been confirmed Murph has entered concussion protocols and will miss Anzac Day

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he gets 4+ weeks I would be very,very surprised but we'll see. In the end he deserves whatever he gets - I just can't see it myself.

I'll go for 2 weeks (careless/high impact) as I don't think intent was there...............more dumb than malicious.
It’s behind the play and concussed him. He’s a certainty to get at least 3 weeks.

What happened? Was at the game and didn’t notice the incident
They were niggling near the goals whilst the ball was about 50 metres away and Murphy shoved him in the shoulder neck (facing each other) then Caminiti threw his left arm at him and hit him in the head, knocking him to the ground. Looked like a forearm.

Confused Duck Down GIF by Dumbfoundead

Anything less than 4 is unacceptable

I'm certainly not saying 4 weeks would be super unfair , but that I think two (perhaps three) is more likely based on how I viewed the intent.

When it comes down to it , is it classed as "intentional high contact" if he intended to hit Murph with a forearm to the chest and misjudged things as he stumbled a bit and copped him in the chin? If that is in fact considered intentional high contact then yeah - I guess I am potentially underestimating the suspension. If it falls under "careless" as I was thinking then I think I am in the right ballpark.

Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

In the end I'll be happy as long as there are no consequences long term for Nathan and his footy , because he's really on the up and up.

Last edited:
Gaff got 8 weeks for what started as a push shove a long way off the ball and ended as a broken jaw due to Brayshaw shifting downwards at the same time Gaff swung.

Injury isn’t as gruesome, but Gaff’s whack was also 5 season’s ago and the AFL has shifted to a harder stance on high contact.

I’m expecting 4-6 weeks for Caminiti, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s in the Gaff range.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back