Toast Round 5 = Collingwood 70-64 St Kilda.

Remove this Banner Ad

I still don’t understand what happened at the end of the match.If you look at the time clock we were still 25 points up with 2 minutes 22 seconds left on the clock.And yet they managed to kick 19 points,3 goals 1 in the next 90 seconds,leaving us with just a six point lead with 51 seconds left.I don’t think I’ve ever seen that in a football match before..How we could go from winning that game comfortably to just holding in the space of two minutes is beyond me.

I still don’t understand what happened at the end of the match.If you look at the time clock we were still 25 points up with 2 minutes 22 seconds left on the clock.And yet they managed to kick 19 points,3 goals 1 in the next 90 seconds,leaving us with just a six point lead with 51 seconds left.I don’t think I’ve ever seen that in a football match before..How we could go from winning that game comfortably to just holding in the space of two minutes is beyond me.

Well our best intercept defender on the day was concussed…

So is the rule specifically for sling tackles or is it for dangerous tackles?
I'm assuming it's dangerous tackles. But they're policing actions, not just whether the blokes head got near or hit the turf. There was also a Mihocek head to the turf in a tackle. But like with the Elliott one, it was the player with the ball's actions that mainly contributed to the head to the turf - their forward momentum not being slung to the turf by the tackler.

This JDG tackle was okay and now they are not.

The Jordy tackle wasn't ruled ok, he copped a fine. It's the level of impact that they just seem to make up on a whim. Jordy's was deemed low impact so it was just a fine. These one's are ruled medium, so it's a suspension. Last week one of them was high impact and the other medium, so it was 2 weeks rather than 1, despite them looking the same.

The Jordy tackle wasn't ruled ok, he copped a fine. It's the level of impact that they just seem to make up on a whim. Jordy's was deemed low impact so it was just a fine. These one's are ruled medium, so it's a suspension. Last week one of them was high impact and the other medium, so it was 2 weeks rather than 1, despite them looking the same.
If you click on JDG's play (full screen) I think the impact is pretty similar so not sure why his is low and the other medium/high. (Not that upset he wasn't given a heavier penalty). It is all very subjective I think.

Maybe the recent legal cases may have influenced their rulings since then.

If you click on JDG's play (full screen) I think the impact is pretty similar so not sure why his is low and the other medium/high. (Not that upset he wasn't given a heavier penalty). It is all very subjective I think.

Maybe the recent legal cases may have influenced their rulings since then.
I agree. You can predict the rest of the finding, but the impact part is a crap shoot. By my reading of the rule which is supposed to include potential impact, they all should be high impact and 2 weeks really, but there'd be fury if they did that.

He looked like the Solo man in the circle after the game with the gatorade dripping off his moustache.
McRae knows what he's doing.
Oleg can play on smalls and talls.
His opponent Hill is top 2 or 3 fastest in the AFL and he sorted him out just nicely.. 0 goals for Hill
The solo man! Ha ha ha!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back