Toast Round 2 = Collingwood 135-64 Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Either way 2 weeks a little harsh.
I disagree that their was intent to drive his head onto the turf.
1 week at best. I've watched it a few times as well.
It was graded as careless and not intentional.
High contact
High impact
Which spits out 2 weeks under the MRO system

Previously, they wouldn't have graded that one as high impact unless Elliott was concussed. But it looks like they've upped the ante on sling tackles.

Either way 2 weeks a little harsh.
I disagree that their was intent to drive his head onto the turf.
1 week at best. I've watched it a few times as well.
Lol it’s not harsh at all, you’re completely missing the point.

I only bother formally ignoring genuinely annoying people

The remaining tryhards just slip into the general inconsequential category.

Trav’s media work always had me holding my breath with what was going to come out. Clearly he wasnt a good speaker but he got better than windowgate in the end
Trav was right on the cusp of player who could barely speak in public and well trained media tyro's.
He was expected not to drop the F bomb but to give a meaningful insight into the game in English, sans too many "Umm's", "An's" and "ya know's".
He did well enough for his era. No "F" Bombs or worse "C" bombs.
Footy people could work out what he meant to say.

I get what you're saying.

I generally sit on the fence of the "could would shoulda" stuff. Because while I agree it's hard to boil the result of a 2 hour game of football down to one isolated incident, at the same time, you kinda can?

It's weird

So for example.

• Sydney won the Prelim by 1 solitary point
  • In the final quarter, Sydney kicked only 1 goal
  • That one goal was the result of one of the worst umpiring non-decisions the game has ever seen. A literal text book push in the back
  • Outside that one goal, we managed to successfully prevent Sydney from scoring. So much so, they needed to essentially "cheat" to do so

So for me, it's a fairly safe assumption can you kinda can boil the Prelim result down to that one call.

Again, yes, maybe we shouldn't have had such a bad first quarter. Maybe we missed too many easy shots. We let in too many easy goals.

But in the end, we don't know how Sydney would have responded to a better Collingwood first quarter. So it's trickier to say.

But we know Collingwood successfully prevented Sydney from scoring in the final quarter. To the point where Papley needed to cheat to find a way for them to score.

I'm not trying to say you're definitively wrong, or that myself/Jonb are right.

I just don't think it's a simple black and white scenario. I personally believe there are some instances where the result of a game can boil down to a single incident. Not often, but in the end, if it's costing a potential flag? I don't think the frequency matters.
2018 GF is a textbook example. Pay that free kick to Maynard — as you should— and it’s game over.

I only bother formally ignoring genuinely annoying people

The remaining tryhards just slip into the general inconsequential category.
Thanks for the reassurance that I am genuinely annoying as opposed to being a mere tryhard of general inconsequence. In the meantime, I relish the opportunity to cross swords with you while fully sighted as opposed to the voluntary blindness you inflict upon yourself. It is very satisfying to be able to say what I wish to someone without any fear of reprisal.

2018 GF is a textbook example. Pay that free kick to Maynard — as you should— and it’s game over.
Ive overthought this that many times that ive actually come to the conclusion that even if Bruzzy gets that free they would of gone inside 50 another couple of times and maybe won in the final seconds which would have been even more soul destroying. :(

Ive overthought this that many times that ive actually come to the conclusion that even if Bruzzy gets that free they would of gone inside 50 another couple of times and maybe won in the final seconds which would have been even more soul destroying. :(
Impossible to guess but what is certain is that Bruzz and the Pies got a raw deal - what happens after that can flow either way.

Mitchell and Adams are starting a lot of the centre bounces together. It's working well feeding our outside running machine - Daicos, Sidebottom, Daicos, Crisp + Pendles. The pairing is contrary to a lot of pre-season discussion.

Mitchell and Adams are starting a lot of the centre bounces together. It's working well feeding our outside running machine - Daicos, Sidebottom, Daicos, Crisp + Pendles. The pairing is contrary to a lot of pre-season discussion.
It’s crazy how good the team is in terms of complimenting each other. As you say you have some proper extracting talent, feeding it down supreme run and carry types and finishers. Make it easy for the forwards. The rucks were superb last week.

They fought back when Port whimpered back to life in the third and aside from the arm wrestle at the start of the game, it was a training drill type of game.

Degoey needs to lift to justify his pay packet, needs to be cleaner when he has the ball.

Frampton I think will hopefully build his confidence with some extra games, still probably the weakest link in our team.

WHE was outstanding, great aerially and really ran his guys out. It was an outside players game to be fair.

I thought McCreery played a very impactful game. Applied some real pressure despite his limited possessions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was expecting Mitchell and Adams to work together. The bit that has surprised me is how many centre bounces Pendles still goes to and how well he and Mitchell work together - I thought we'd be too slow with those two both in there, but it's working brilliantly. Mitchell is so good.

I was expecting Mitchell and Adams to work together. The bit that has surprised me is how many centre bounces Pendles still goes to and how well he and Mitchell work together - I thought we'd be too slow with those two both in there, but it's working brilliantly. Mitchell is so good.
Mitchell is very quick with his hands.

Has anyone kicked 30 since the cats put 37 goals on the board in their 2011 trouncing of the dees?

Edit: the hawks did with 31 goals just two rounds later against port power.

I think it is achievable.

Maybe against a team like the Crows who play an open game style.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back