Toast Round 19 = Port Adelaide 83-85 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Im curious to know: now that the dust has settled, does everyone still feel convinced about our win?
Do we have something to worry about in Port (and/or their method for stopping us), or are you totally confident we have their measure?

Come finals, theyā€™re as good a chance as us, why wouldnā€™t we be worried about them?

Im curious to know: now that the dust has settled, does everyone still feel convinced about our win?
Do we have something to worry about in Port (and/or their method for stopping us), or are you totally confident we have their measure?
I'd be pretty confident at the G, less-so at Adelaide Oval but still think we'd edge them out again. That looked like their grand final.

You answered my question. I have that feeling too. Fly testing our players with duress on purpose for development and to hid counter tactics. I've heard that being mentioned during press conferences by Fly and Moore throughout the year

Port heavily rotated through the I/C in that 3rd quarter. I think from memory it was +7 rotations compared to us. We did it in the last. We went into the last quarter with a 3rd of our I/C rotations (-5 compared to Port), finished the game on 72 (+2 compared to Port7. McRae seemed to deliberately hold back the rotations to bring fresher legs in the last.

Last edited:
What do the stats people count, surely tackles of a player in possession. I'm not saying he didn't hold nick off the ball.

Where did I suggest Daicos didnā€™t take possession? Just making the point itā€™s easier to complete the tackle if youā€™ve already wrapped up your opponent before he actually takes possession.

To give everyone an idea of the ridiculous standard Nick Daicos is already held to...

In the votes

Clutch hero Jamie Elliott was huge, kicking three goals ā€” it wouldā€™ve been four if not for a selfless assist to milestone man Taylor Adams ā€” including the game-winner. Playing in his 200th game, Adams dug in hard with 25 touches, 12 contested possessions, nine clearances and a goal playing more around the ball. Steele Sidebottom (26 disposals, one goal) was also big, highlighted by a ripping left-foot goal at the start of the fourth to ignite the Piesā€™ comeback.

Nick Daicos had 25 Disposals, 9 clearances and a goal and was considered to have a "poor" game and "won't be in the votes"

To give everyone an idea of the ridiculous standard Nick Daicos is already held to...

Nick Daicos had 25 Disposals, 9 clearances and a goal and was considered to have a "poor" game and "won't be in the votes"
The goal posts always change for Nick, he gets 35 and 2 goals he has been a receiver who doesnt lay a tackle, he gets 25 with 10 clearances, 6 tackles and 10+ contested he has had a quiet game and impacted by a tag.

quite a few press said it was one of the best games he has played given the circumstances
It's unbelievable isn't it? Since when are those stats from Saturday a quiet game for anyone? He was criticised when he got lots of possessions, now he's being criticised for getting less which are more contested, impactful and plenty of those 'hard balls' everyone was banging on about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's unbelievable isn't it? Since when are those stats from Saturday a quiet game for anyone? He was criticised when he got lots of possessions, now he's being criticised for getting less which are more contested, impactful and plenty of those 'hard balls' everyone was banging on about.
External critics of Nick can GAGF.
We know what we have - a potential all-time great.

External critics of Nick can GAGF.
We know what we have - a potential all-time great.
Agree šŸ’Æ about external critics. What I've found bizarre is hearing our own supporters saying he got sat on his arse, etc etc šŸ˜†

Last edited:

The blokes at Fox Sports are genuine nuffies with NFI about the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back