Toast Round 19 = Port Adelaide 83-85 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

To give everyone an idea of the ridiculous standard Nick Daicos is already held to...

Nick Daicos had 25 Disposals, 9 clearances and a goal and was considered to have a "poor" game and "won't be in the votes"
He won't get any Brownlow votes for this game. Not because he wasn't good but because there were others who performed better than him. That is how it works, Nick sacrificed his game to let others perform and get the win. After all it is a team game.

So they are right on one point. Agree that his game can't be tagged as "poor".

God i hope so. Im going with 2 Carlton knobs. With their outs and us at nearly full strength it should be straight forward but i hate these type of games
We should win ok my friend.
I know what you mean but we are in a new era now.
I can't wait. 🍻

We came, we saw, we conquered. Now it's time to take apart the scum and give those campaigners something to aspire to
They've been aspiring to play finals for a while.
Let's hope it continues for a fair while longer.

They showed the rest of the comp that Nick can be neutralised with a tag. Interesting that they stopped the tag by Drew at half-time. Maybe they didn't want to show their hand for the finals?
It wasn't half time, though I heard Montagna say that, was only released in the last.

Nick's had tags before and some have had "success". We didn't lose any of those games though. McRae always calls for the oppo to tag Nick. Reckon he doesn't rate the tactic because it can be exploited, as you can lead the tagger around and dictate where he goes, opening space for others.

This was his first hard tag as a mid. Hard tagged by the Swans at half back worked too, but other teams were mostly unable to repeat that success. Will see how it plays out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've won 5 straight and don't even bother mentioning it. They win 5 and it's like they've cured cancer. Knobs
Their percentage is inflated by having playing WC twice, and apart from Port, who were already focused on playing the Pies and tripped themselves up, they've beaten up on cellar dwellers.
But apparently they're riding the crest of a wave, and are about to be dumped.

Wow, saw a stat that we only made it to our forward 50 from defence 4/47 attempts. A season low for sure.

At least that should shut people up that we only score from defensive chains. Really did win different in that game. Though, averages miss that we play all types of different ways, the only thing consistent is we do not play the same for four quarters. We're 1st for corridor use, but also 5th for boundary use.

2 intercept marks for Moore and 1 to Howe. Aliir with only 4 total marks so he wouldn't have had many either. Think conditions were a large part of Port's success. Moore did still have 9 intercept possessions to Aliir's 10.

Their percentage is inflated by having playing WC twice, and apart from Port, who were already focused on playing the Pies and tripped themselves up, they've beaten up on cellar dwellers.
But apparently they're riding the crest of a wave, and are about to be dumped.
No matter where we are we manage to trip up against Carlton. 131 wins to Carlton's 128, despite them bring in the wilderness for twenty years.

I believe Port will drop to 3rd or 4th. Moas t likely 4th. We may play them at home and blow them away provided we pay well.

I think you’re reading too much into the Carltank game where they rested players and were clearly looking ahead to the following week.

Wow, saw a stat that we only made it to our forward 50 from defence 4/47 attempts. A season low for sure.
A stack of that is the narrow ground.

At least that should shut people up that we only score from defensive chains. Really did win different in that game. Though, averages miss that we play all types of different ways, the only thing consistent is we do not play the same for four quarters. We're 1st for corridor use, but also 5th for boundary use.

2 intercept marks for Moore and 1 to Howe. Aliir with only 4 total marks so he wouldn't have had many either. Think conditions were a large part of Port's success. Moore did still have 9 intercept possessions to Aliir's 10.
Agree the 4/47 stat had a bit to do with the conditions. I thought we over did the handballs trying to run it out of defence when Port had it in their forward 50 for large parts of the 2nd and 3rd quarters and missed or fumbled quite a few we would normally make due to the conditions. We may also have been trying to nullify Aliir by running it out rather than rushed kicks. Fly mentioned that Port were going at 3/1 kicks to handballs versus our 1/3 ratio and that we focused on reversing that in the last quarter. I think that realisation and adjustment will stand us in good stead for finals or when teams focus on blocking our handball chains and when intense pressure forces more kicks under pressure like you see in wet weather games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back