Toast Round 2 = Collingwood 135-64 Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I started doing it at the 2009 semi against the Crows when Jack Anthony kicked that goal. Was too scared to watch where it was going and watched him. Ended well. Crow w***ers next to me that we’re talking match ups against Geelong the following week at half time didn’t like me much after that.
It " happened right in front of them "

When I’m at the ground and someone is having a shot for goal - I still get Travis Cloke anxiety. I’m psychologically damaged by his years of missed set shots.
Trav has done that to me too, but for me the anxiety isn't when one of our players is kicking for goal, it's when they step up to a microphone.

Trav has done that to me too, but for me the anxiety isn't when one of our players is kicking for goal, it's when they step up to a microphone.
Trav’s media work always had me holding my breath with what was going to come out. Clearly he wasnt a good speaker but he got better than windowgate in the end

A few of them probably tore ACLs having to take off so violently left or right when he’d miss form 15 out

Poor Trav. The frees he never got. Outrageous how he was treated for years, with three defenders hanging off him, grabbing his jumper, pushing him in the back, punching him instead of the ball.

And of course the AFL waited on his retirement before tightening up on the rules.

P.S. I am not a Pies paranoid.

Poor Trav. The frees he never got. Outrageous how he was treated for years, with three defenders hanging off him, grabbing his jumper, pushing him in the back, punching him instead of the ball.

And of course the AFL waited on his retirement before tightening up on the rules.

P.S. I am not a Pies paranoid.
100%. I vividly remember a contest against Carlton one night he had Jaimeson hanging onto one arm and 2 defenders jump over the top. Even the Carlton guys I was with were saying “How the hell isn’t that a free to Cloke”.

When I’m at the ground and someone is having a shot for goal - I still get Travis Cloke anxiety. I’m psychologically damaged by his years of missed set shots.
That mark he took against hawks in the 2011 PF is one of the best contested marks I’ve ever seen given the time of game and the way he took it (drifting in from the side).

…..and what surprised me more was that he kicked it!

That mark he took against hawks in the 2011 PF is one of the best contested marks I’ve ever seen given the time of game and the way he took it (drifting in from the side).

What a quarter of football that was!!!

Leon’s goal, Trav, Buddy, Luke Ball, Daisy on Cyril. That last quarter is one of the best quarters of footy in history I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were gone in that match, but Cloke and Swan just willed us over the line in the last quarter. It was magnificent.

We were gone in that match, but Cloke and Swan just willed us over the line in the last quarter. It was magnificent.
100% gone…
We were nowhere and hadn’t played anything like we had all year.
We were beat up and tired….but that Leon goal sparked us and the effort from there was crazy.

Ps. How amazing was that Buddy goal btw. Tarrant did everything you want…forces him to boundary on opposite foot…too good!

Leon’s goal, Trav, Buddy, Luke Ball, Daisy on Cyril. That last quarter is one of the best quarters of footy in history I reckon.
Agree, it had everything! From both sides. One of the best quarters ever.
Not sure I’d be saying that if we lost though (as I wouldn’t have watched it on replay as much as I did)….. So perhaps a touch biased.

Agree, it had everything! From both sides. One of the best quarters ever.
Not sure I’d be saying that if we lost though (as I wouldn’t have watched it on replay as much as I did)….. So perhaps a touch biased.
To top it off I watched it at a mates house with 3 Hawk supporters who we’re giving me absolute s**t for the first 3 quarters

To top of off I watched it at a mates house with 3 Hawk supporters who we’re giving me absolute s**t for the first 3 quarters
Oh that would have been satisfying!! I was at the game…very satisfying when Ball kicked the winner. Then daisy rundown. One of loudest roars I’ve heard.
Know someone who lived close by and they don’t follow footy, but have never heard such noise from the G as they did that night.

Umpire blaming is the worst nuffie behaviour a supporter can do. Swings and roundabouts
Well... it is when people just point to the free kick count differential.

That final against Geelong last year was some major BS though. Our tackling went unrewarded all game. Couldn't buy a HTB free kick. Then the umps were super hot on HTB against us the next week against Sydney. That inconsistency ended up being the difference maker in both games.

Well... it is when people just point to the free kick count differential.

That final against Geelong last year was some major BS though. Our tackling went unrewarded all game. Couldn't buy a HTB free kick. Then the umps were super hot on HTB against us the next week against Sydney. That inconsistency ended up being the difference maker in both games.
I 100% agree the inconsistency in the adjudications is what causes most fury. Anyone claiming umpired blatantly cheat to help sides win are idiots though. Every club has supporters who claim the umpires favour rhe opposition which poses the question - Who the hell do they favour? They’ll call things one game and not the next which causes the problem

I 100% agree the inconsistency in the adjudications is what causes most fury. Anyone claiming umpired blatantly cheat to help sides win are idiots though. Every club has supporters who claim the umpires favour rhe opposition which poses the question - Who the hell do they favour? They’ll call things one game and not the next which causes the problem
PN my take on it has always been - ever since we gained two types of major sponsors who only benefit from an even competition - that the key to the umpiring problems is legislation to force the dropping of both betting shops as sponsors and limiting the power of media corporations to control the fixtures.

IMHO having betting shops forming a hugely high slice of the sponsorship dollars for the league is an obscenity.

My biggest thing is what Sam Newman used to bang on about. As much as I dislike him, he is absolutely correct.
“It’s not the ones they pay, it’s the ones they don’t”.

It’s such a hard game to umpire. It has no black/white rules when in play….so it’s only ever going to end in disputes.
The only rule that was black/white (hands in the back) they took away for some reason….now Hawkins and co can shove all they like! It’s insane.

But….no game EVER had been decided solely by umpires. It’s just super annoying to watch at times.

My biggest thing is what Sam Newman used to bang on about. As much as I dislike him, he is absolutely correct.
“It’s not the ones they pay, it’s the ones they don’t”.

It’s such a hard game to umpire. It has no black/white rules when in play….so it’s only ever going to end in disputes.
The only rule that was black/white (hands in the back) they took away for some reason….now Hawkins and co can shove all they like! It’s insane.

But….no game EVER had been decided solely by umpires. It’s just super annoying to watch at times.
COUGH !!! COUGH !!! COUGH !!! Wayne Harmes COUGH !!! COUGH !!! COUGH !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back