Toast Round 19 = Port Adelaide 83-85 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you’re reading too much into the Carltank game where they rested players and were clearly looking ahead to the following week.
Naah.. Basing it on how poor PA defence is and they had home ground advantage, umpires, had a massive crack at us and we beat them comprehensively in the last quarter.

Last edited:

Port going with the staging accusation....nice. Also sprinkled in the St Kilda "trying to get separation" defence.

Blame the victim card being played. I feel for Nathan. Every time he gets hit in the head he gets accused of milking it.

Port going with the staging accusation....nice. Also sprinkled in the St Kilda "trying to get separation" defence.

The pub test? What, the Alberton Pub with the dickhead Port fans? If tackles that make the head graze the ground slightly are off limits then blatant strikes to the head surely aren't allowed. And anyone that's ever copped a hit to the chin from the lower part of the hand that's quite hard would know it can easily knock you out or daze you. This bullshit defence doesn't fly at all

“Vision is not consistent with Rioli’s recollection” is a polite way of saying he’s lying. So, 1 week for an intentional strike and his bullshit is called out.

While we didn't eradicate Port as contenders in this game, we did prove one thing, we are the King of close finishes. Port's challenged us for the crown this year, that challenge has been crushed.

Blame the victim card being played. I feel for Nathan. Every time he gets hit in the head he gets accused of milking it.
I can't imagine if this was one of the McCartin brothers instead of Murphy, they'd accuse them of staging. As we've seen with players who have experienced lots of concussions, they only need minimal contact to be affected by a hit to the head. Murphy was clearly dazed after this clip across his ear & jaw.

In fact, I'd like to see Cornes & Robbo get an unexpected clip across the side of the head and see how they'd react.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't imagine if this was one of the McCartin brothers instead of Murphy, they'd accuse them of staging. As we've seen with players who have experienced lots of concussions, they only need minimal contact to be affected by a hit to the head. Murphy was clearly dazed after this clip across his ear & jaw.

In fact, I'd like to see Cornes & Robbo get an unexpected clip across the side of the head and see how they'd react.
100% spot on I’ve been having this argument with people since Sunday when Cornes called Murph weak this bloke has had multiple concussions facial fractures and is still one of the most courageous players on the ground my blood was boiling when Kane called him weak and soft

100% spot on I’ve been having this argument with people since Sunday when Cornes called Murph weak this bloke has had multiple concussions facial fractures and is still one of the most courageous players on the ground my blood was boiling when Kane called him weak and soft
I heard Cornes tonight on sen bring up JDG's high bump on Hewett .. again .. when discussing Rioli's suspension. Not sure how he managed to make any comparison between the two, but he did. Out of all the suspensions there have been this year, that's the one he used 🙄 He couldn't understand how JDG only got 3 weeks for lining up a 'kid', launching off the ground, smashing someone's head causing them to be stretchered off (did Hewett get stretchered off? I don't recall that) whereas Rioli gets 2 weeks for a brush across the cheek resulting in Murphy going down like he'd been hit by Mike Tyson.

Cornes is out of control with his inflammatory comments. I remember the personal attacks he made on Jordy after that incident. I think he called him weak too, didn't he? A weak act. A dog's act. A thug, etc etc etc. I'm not sure how they continue to get away with insulting & defaming people like that tbh.

I heard Cornes tonight on sen bring up JDG's high bump on Hewett .. again .. when discussing Rioli's suspension. Not sure how he managed to make any comparison between the two, but he did. Out of all the suspensions there have been this year, that's the one he used 🙄 He couldn't understand how JDG only got 3 weeks for lining up a 'kid', launching off the ground, smashing someone's head causing them to be stretchered off (did Hewett get stretchered off? I don't recall that) whereas Rioli gets 2 weeks for a brush across the cheek resulting in Murphy going down like he'd been hit by Mike Tyson.

Cornes is out of control with his inflammatory comments. I remember the personal attacks he made on Jordy after that incident. I think he called him weak too, didn't he? A weak act. A dog's act. A thug, etc etc etc. I'm not sure how they continue to get away with insulting & defaming people like that tbh.
Yeah I heard that too and yeah he called De Goey’s a coward act a weak act and dog act spot on again mate and I don’t recall the stretcher coming out for Hewitt pretty sure he was just helped off the ground by trainers he just says these lies to make his point sound better he called it off the ball and launching in the air by De Goey hahaha that was another straight out lie and now attacks Murphy like this the blokes just low class all round I don’t know how they get away with it either

I don’t know what to think when Jon Ralph is the voice of reason on the matter

Saw him at my local Dan’s last night buying a middling bottle of scotch with cash. Not sure whether it would be used to assist with his journalistic process or would be used as payment for one of his sources.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don’t know what to think when Jon Ralph is the voice of reason on the matter

If Rioli had hit Murphy out in the street, it would have constituted an assault charge.
Given Murph's well publicised concussion history, whacking him in the head is stupid at best.
None of which, of course, justified the racist abuse Rioli copped.
Call him a coward, call him an idiot, but don't bring race into it.

Saw him at my local Dan’s last night buying a middling bottle of scotch with cash. Not sure whether it would be used to assist with his journalistic process or would be used as payment for one of his sources.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hopefully it's to hit Kane Cornes over the head with.

I thought the single bottle of scotch was a rather shabby purchase. Nothing like my slab of peroni and half a dozen bots of cheap French chardy.
You but if you're going to smash Kane over the head with the purchase - I'd use a bottle of scotch - just more suitable.

...In fact, I'd like to see Cornes & Robbo get an unexpected clip across the side of the head and see how they'd react.
You'd just hear a loud, low ringing like a medieval church bell as the empty skull reverberates, and the eyes would not even blink. Nary a braincell between them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back