Player Watch Sam Murray - (Delisted 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL.
Who told you that ****?

Yeah its...suboptimally accurate.

If it were, the cost to establish the medicinal cannabis research facility that definitely does not exist at the university campus I definitely did not work at and was unquestionably not involved in the certification process for, would have cost a shitload less. Several hundred thousand for steel ******* plating for the grow room, which had to be inside a building with space around it so it had no external walls. And one seriously big motherloving safe for extracts.

Hypothetically.

Hang on...
So all the drug heads want medicinal marijuana legalised...
Until they find out it’s been stripped of the hallucination aspect.
Then, the sudden urge to legalise for the good of society disappears?
Weed, real weed is already decriminalised in ACT. Plenty of THC.
Crime went down....a lot.
Cops spend their time chasing actual criminals.
The courts convicting them.

I'm surprised the legal defence of "hey someone put a drug in my cocaine" didn't pan out.

Personally, I want to live in a world where my barman and my drug connection are the two people I can really trust in life. That may be because I spend most of my life incoherently crying about the latest trainsmash of a relationship with one or the other, but still, there is a certain old world expectation of absolute discretion and concern I expect to take for granted. In an older, more golden hued age or, dare I say it, one in which my life didnt look like a One Nation party room meeting gone especially mind*ed, it would have been my Swiss banker bank manager, my caddy, my proctologist. Even my farrier. But this is all I have left people, and dammit, I expect better!

Now someone get me a ******* drink and/or narcotic, stat so I can talk about my ex girlfriend until you pay someone with free drinks to sit next to me and not look bored so you can escape.

Personally, I want to live in a world where my barman and my drug connection are the two people I can really trust in life. That may be because I spend most of my life incoherently crying about the latest trainsmash of a relationship with one or the other, but still, there is a certain old world expectation of absolute discretion and concern I expect to take for granted. In an older, more golden hued age or, dare I say it, one in which my life didnt look like a One Nation party room meeting gone especially mind****ed, it would have been my Swiss banker bank manager, my caddy, my proctologist. Even my farrier. But this is all I have left people, and dammit, I expect better!

Now someone get me a ******* drink and/or narcotic, stat so I can talk about my ex girlfriend until you pay someone with free drinks to sit next to me and not look bored so you can escape.
A gentler age I fear we may never know again. Your future dealer is a door to door drone and your alcohol will come with nutrients and fat burning properties.

A gentler age I fear we may never know again. Your future dealer is a door to door drone and your alcohol will come with nutrients and fat burning properties.

They try messing with my alcohol and Im going full Bravehart on their ass. I am deadset getting the woad and broadsword now.

Not strictly true. You can get strains pushed for cbd or for thc and depending on the condition either or a combination of the two may be the therapeutic agent. Or neither there are a huge additional swathe of active cannabinoids to consider with a range of potential additive and synergystic effects.

Sorry, I should have been more specific and said "in Victoria" given Collingwood focus of this board. As I understand it the Vic legislation is specific to epilepsy at this stage and its CBD rather than THC.

Sorry, I should have been more specific and said "in Victoria" given Collingwood focus of this board. As I understand it the Vic legislation is specific to epilepsy at this stage and its CBD rather than THC.

The state based legislation covers the end use side and dovetails with the TGA provisions as well to make a heady mix of confusion for all concerned. I didnt think the VIC legislation was that specific, will have to check, though the bigger roadblock has been certification of the medical practitioners to prescribe which has run way way behind and may be where the effective roadblock on formulations has come. At one time for example there was a grand total of 1 registered peadiatrician certified to prescribe which sounds bad enough but as children are a key target for use of medicinal cannabis formulations in epilepsy it was ****ed.

There are certainly high THC strains cultivated and produced in VIC right now though, and high THC formulations manufactured from those raw materials under the ODC licensing provisions, so you could find very tasty weed or THC extracts in the state. You just arent supposed to know where, as a condition of your license is not advertising the fact a facility is what it is in any way.

The the roadblock ha been the issuing of licenses and permits by the ODC. When they set up the section, they were expeting about 12-20 applications for any of cultivation,production and manufacture for research or commercial purposes across the country, so they staffed the section with 4 officers. They got over 120, but retained the staffing. We were being told our license was just weeks away for 18 months.

Other amusing aside, the ODC was writing the licensing provisions on the fly after the process started, so they kept adding requirements. One day we got a call saying the ODC required us to consult and inform the emergency services and document that in our application.

All very boring, until you realise what it means.

To cut a long story short, it ends with a certain horse having to ring the local Vicpol headquarters and ask to speak to someone about the impending arrival of a crop of primo whacky backy in their patch, and what would they like to know, and by the way I need to take all the details of our conversation down to report to the federal government. Took them a while to be convinced it was not a wind up. I was not looking forward to another spell in lock-up, the last was bad enough, but I think they were contemplating it actively until I asked them to ring the Pro Vice Chancellors office and confirm this was not a complete wind-up

So the B sample would have come back ages ago and if it had cleared him they wouldn't have kept him out of football this long so he's clearly done for. What's the best sanction he can hope for?

At the speed this is going he’ll be in a retirement home before he gets his 2-4yr ban

The state based legislation covers the end use side and dovetails with the TGA provisions as well to make a heady mix of confusion for all concerned. I didnt think the VIC legislation was that specific, will have to check, though the bigger roadblock has been certification of the medical practitioners to prescribe which has run way way behind and may be where the effective roadblock on formulations has come. At one time for example there was a grand total of 1 registered peadiatrician certified to prescribe which sounds bad enough but as children are a key target for use of medicinal cannabis formulations in epilepsy it was ******.

There are certainly high THC strains cultivated and produced in VIC right now though, and high THC formulations manufactured from those raw materials under the ODC licensing provisions, so you could find very tasty weed or THC extracts in the state. You just arent supposed to know where, as a condition of your license is not advertising the fact a facility is what it is in any way.

The the roadblock ha been the issuing of licenses and permits by the ODC. When they set up the section, they were expeting about 12-20 applications for any of cultivation,production and manufacture for research or commercial purposes across the country, so they staffed the section with 4 officers. They got over 120, but retained the staffing. We were being told our license was just weeks away for 18 months.

Other amusing aside, the ODC was writing the licensing provisions on the fly after the process started, so they kept adding requirements. One day we got a call saying the ODC required us to consult and inform the emergency services and document that in our application.

All very boring, until you realise what it means.

To cut a long story short, it ends with a certain horse having to ring the local Vicpol headquarters and ask to speak to someone about the impending arrival of a crop of primo whacky backy in their patch, and what would they like to know, and by the way I need to take all the details of our conversation down to report to the federal government. Took them a while to be convinced it was not a wind up. I was not looking forward to another spell in lock-up, the last was bad enough, but I think they were contemplating it actively until I asked them to ring the Pro Vice Chancellors office and confirm this was not a complete wind-up

Interestingly, just had a Canadian couple stay with us and they're adapting to the new legalized status. They tell us that the new dope shops are set up like jewelers with blocked windows. All the cannabis is stored in glass top cases and all the salespeople wear 3-piece suits. Guards control who enters and leaves, no entry without ID. There is (as yet) no mobile drug testing of drivers. Be interesting to watch how that evolves.

At the speed this is going he’ll be in a retirement home before he gets his 2-4yr ban
Yep.

Though imagine if dragged to maximum penalty time he’d have claim to return on that basis alone.

Don’t really care what you call it.
Right or wrong, stripping out the “good stuff” suddenly makes all those socially responsible drug f’s no longer care about the good it can do.
From your response, and the fact you ignored the substance of the post, guess your firmly in that camp.
Sorry mate, truth be told I was fairly drunk when typing that. No I actually use cbd oil myself for anxiety, so foot firmly in the camp of the good that it can do.

Don’t really care what you call it.
Right or wrong, stripping out the “good stuff” suddenly makes all those socially responsible drug f’s no longer care about the good it can do.
From your response, and the fact you ignored the substance of the post, guess your firmly in that camp.

Yeah you should just stop talking about something you know nothing about.
My wife is a Psoriatic arthritis sufferer and CBD study and legalisation is a blessing for her and people like her as she might be able to get off the shitty biologics and opioids that are killing her on a daily basis.

As for hallucinogens, there's a reason why there's a long history of humans using them for healing purposes.
The majority of people who do them seriously (and not just in a "party" environment) come away from these experiences with a heightened sense of self worth and spirituality. Hence why there's a push to legalise psilocybin so that it can used to treat both depression and PTSD.

My experiences with magic mushrooms changed my life dramatically, making me a nicer, calmer and more accepting person.

You should try some.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's surprising, I always assumed that it was the THC that had the medicinal value.

Both have the medicinal value. In fact, there are many more cannabinoids in the plant itself but CBD and THC are the main ones. Just like holistic approaches are usually the best, having the plant in it's entirety is always best but obviously, you don't people driving or looking after kids while high on THC and therefore, CBD only studies are being undertaken - with good results mind you.

Both have the medicinal value. In fact, there are many more cannabinoids in the plant itself but CBD and THC are the main ones. Just like holistic approaches are usually the best, having the plant in it's entirety is always best but obviously, you don't people driving or looking after kids while high on THC and therefore, CBD only studies are being undertaken - with good results mind you.
Got it. Stick with your dealer because you don't know what you're getting with these dodgy doctors.

Yeah but CBD has far more medicinal value than to just epilepsy.
Chronic Pain and anxiety being the big ones.

Are you able continue playing if you challenge the ban? For non performance enhancing drugs.

If you had a legit reason (ate a whole loaf of poppy seed bread) and you were innocent, 18mths is a long time to miss that you’ll never get back, especially if your ban might end up only being 6-12mths.

For the NRL peptide scandal Cronulla Sharks players had some joke ban which they served during the off season

Sorry mate, truth be told I was fairly drunk when typing that. No I actually use cbd oil myself for anxiety, so foot firmly in the camp of the good that it can do.

What's the story with CBD for anxiety in Aus? In terms of legislation, I mean. Do you have a prescription? Of is it the low level stuff you can buy online?

And do you find it helpful?

I experience anxiety and while I manage it pretty well overall, I have family members that have really struggled with it. Benzos are insanely addictive, so a healthier alternative would be worth pursuing in addition to non-medicinal stuff like mindfulness.

What's the story with CBD for anxiety in Aus? In terms of legislation, I mean. Do you have a prescription? Of is it the low level stuff you can buy online?

I experience anxiety and while I manage it pretty well overall, I have family members that have really struggled with it. Benzos are insanely addictive, so a healthier alternative would be worth pursuing in addition to non-medicinal stuff like mindfulness.

Pretty sure it's still illegal to import which is rubbish!
Not sure I can bring myself to vote for the greens though :(

No prescription. Doctors here are unable to prescribe for anxiety unfortunately.

There are actually a fair few pharmaceutical grade options available online, it’s not all low-grade stuff, you just have to be persistent when doing your research.

As for legality, I’m not entirely sure to be honest. I order it and it arrives at my door unchecked by customs. I’ve been lead to believe it’s a bit of a legal grey area should the oil be for personal use and have no trace of THC, but I’ve haven’t thoroughly vetted that information.

Some meditation, exercise and occasional CBD does the trick for me. As you say, much preferable to benzos, SSRI’s etc

No prescription. Doctors here are unable to prescribe for anxiety unfortunately.

There are actually a fair few pharmaceutical grade options available online, it’s not all low-grade stuff, you just have to be persistent when doing your research.

As for legality, I’m not entirely sure to be honest. I order it and it arrives at my door unchecked by customs. I’ve been lead to believe it’s a bit of a legal grey area should the oil be for personal use and have no trace of THC, but I’ve haven’t thoroughly vetted that information.

Some meditation, exercise and occasional CBD does the trick for me. As you say, much preferable to benzos, SSRI’s etc
I have to ask, have you tried any natural remedies? Apart from Wed and it’s derivatives of course.
I’m a science based remedy person, but over the last decade I have had success with natural substances when I’ve had stress/claustrophobic issues.

I have to ask, have you tried any natural remedies? Apart from Wed and it’s derivatives of course.
I’m a science based remedy person, but over the last decade I have had success with natural substances when I’ve had stress/claustrophobic issues.
A few different things: L-Theanine, Taurine and Valerian off the top of my head. Any recommendations?

Edit: Add to that St John’s and passionflower.

Buy off the dealer, that way the THC might also help and if neither help, at least you'll be stoned.

No worries, thanks mate. Glad to hear you're managing the anxiety.

I'll have to do a bit of reading in CBD. All I have to go on at the moment is Joe Rogan! :)

Not sure if you've had a look, but if you're ever importing substances you're unsure about, a good first port of call is the Prohibited Imports Regulations.

The ODC also issued this advice last year, which has a link to the regs too:

https://www.odc.gov.au/hemp-products

Remove this Banner Ad

Back