Player Watch Sam Murray - (Delisted 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

It won’t be clen. Being reported as an illicit drug, not a ped, but banned on matchday for performance enhancing properties. Most likely ice.

Why do you say “most likely ice”? Out of interest.

If he’s got illicit drugs in his system on game day I can’t see any option for the club.

Not sure how these things are measured though and whether a small residual amount can still be in the system a number of days after use. This might be the only mitigating factor that may reduce his offence to something more resembling a first strike.

And if he’s taking ice.... game day or midweek I don’t care....that’s a slippery slope that I don’t want my club to be a part of.

There's a good way to stuff up your career before it even started.

I don't care myself if players take recreational drugs but you're foolish and stupid to do it so close to a game, as that becomes a major issue as it's considered to be performance enhancing. This is of course, if this is true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are people in a hurry to get rid of this kid?

Do people think this is isolated to only OUR Club?

His absence always had a dirty whiff to it, IMO. It sounds like career done to me if the reports are accurate, given the ban is 4 years, so for Sam’s sake I hope the B sample comes up clear. Honestly though if the cards fall that way I have zero sympathy...
The ban is up to 4 years.

If it is 1st offence, and if it is for an illicit drug, and not a pure PED, then I think it is incredibly unlikely he will cop the whole 4 - more likely one or two.

innocent until proven otherwise.... but if he's guilty then he's a goose.
We kept Thomas and Keeffe on the list after they were banned, wonder if we'll do the same here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back