Player Watch Sam Murray - (Delisted 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Because its a 4 year ban on match day. We are not carrying him for 4 years.

Bye Bye

I get the part about four years and not carrying him.

Can anyone find the list of illicit drugs you cant take on match day...…….I tried before on the ASADA website and couldn't find it.

Why are people in a hurry to get rid of this kid?

Do people think this is isolated to only OUR Club?

For me, if it’s proven to be true, it’s the 4 year ban it carries. IMO, it’s simply not practical or even appropriate to carry a drug cheat on your list for that length of time. Also it’s 100% not isolated to Collingwood, but this takes an unprecedented kind of stupid (again if the reports are accurate) to be done on match day.

Let’s see outcome.

Just sad the whole thing.

Great shame. Now we at least know why Nathan shut down all questions.

Let’s get facts go on from there.

Why are people in a hurry to get rid of this kid?

Do people think this is isolated to only OUR Club?
Your right it’s not isolated to our club, as in drugs, but if anyone is going to get caught, it’s going to be from our club.
I will wait till the dust settles before l think about should we get rid of or not,
But at this stage leaning towards not.
Ps interesting the article has been taken down. The plot thickens

Why do you say “most likely ice”? Out of interest.

Because it's an upper. Gives a burst of energy etc etc.

Just speculating here - but if you had a cold or flu, a few hits on the pipe would make the symptons disappear for long enough to get through a game.

You wouldn't smoke some pot before a game because it's a downer, as a comparison.

For me, if it’s proven to be true, it’s the 4 year ban it carries. IMO, it’s simply not practical or even appropriate to carry a drug cheat on your list for that length of time. Also it’s 100% not isolated to Collingwood, but this takes an unprecedented kind of stupid (again if the reports are accurate) to be done on match day.
I can't even remember another positive test from game day myself. Has there been one?

Sydney must have sent Sam across with a couple of keys to balance out the deal.

Hope his b sample is negative, but not holding my breath. My guess would be coke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Illicit drug? You wonder how Buddy Dusty & Swan “got away” with it for years or are they just a protected species?

Dusty didn't get drug tested once last year, I know someone extremely close to him.

I can't even remember another positive test from game day myself. Has there been one?
The St Kilda kid with the shake drink.

Why would the article be removed from so quickly

I don't know the exact reason but there's definitely be legal reasons behind the removal. The AFL is essentially the governing body of the club and is also essentially Murray's employer.

It's probably defamatory to publish such story without concrete evidence or proof in this instance. I'm sure the Age, etc will keep their stories online.

I agree with all that I am not denying it if he is found guilty.

I am just trying to advise people to be careful about all the stones they are about to throw in our glass house.

Don't take heart or hope from the article being removed.

Eddie was just asked about it on MMM and didn't deny and instead said that "he is not allowed to comment on these matters". So, it's definitely true (the investigation).

Typical on the eve of finals, expecting 5 ACLs Saturday.

Just can't take a break.
But if we get 5 ACLs then isn’t that 5 breaks so to speak :eek::p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back