Universal Love Sam Switkowski - MF gonna turn up the pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dockernut

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 23, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sharks. Anyone playing West Coast.
Just love this little fella. So much pace and poise and pressure! That run down tackle on Bonts last night was sensational. You get the impression he was being hidden at Box Hill as a future Poppy replacement, such a fierce tackler and smooth mover.

Massive fanboi right here.

Just love this little fella. So much pace and poise and pressure! That run down tackle on Bonts last night was sensational. You get the impression he was being hidden at Box Hill as a future Poppy replacement, such a fierce tackler and smooth mover.

Massive fanboi right here.
Speed seems to be a growing theme in our developing list, and Slam Switkowski has it.

I like his lateral movement - super fast shimmy.

he did let me down on the weekend though - had a $100 on him to kick a goal at juicy $2 odds..:'(

To me he is the pick of the pressure forwards and Balla on his return becomes cover for him.

At 22 and with a 2 year contract in place, he just needs to stay fit and he can make the defensive forward position his.

As much as it is important to set up the key cogs, this rebuild needs to also produce your Switters and Dumans

Switkowski has impressed me. Pressure is gold in the forward line. Nice mix with the class of Walters and the opportunist in Matera. Its a tough position to play but if he maintains this sort of pressure he will be picked ahead of Matera . Injuries will give Ballantyne a shot to get back in and Schultz will have time to develop

Two things I’ve been impressed by are his clean hands picking up or receiving the footy under pressure, and he also has a wicked side step that takes him around defenders - love it, I hope he keeps taking them on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke Darcy, Tim Watson et al were very full of praise for Switta’s chase down and tackle in the Bulldogs’ fwd50 that turned an almost certain goal into a behind. All good except it was Travis Colyer.
Switta’s epic tackle was the HTB on Bontempelli - a guy twice his size.
But srsly - is it a surprise they didn’t get it right??

Luke Darcy, Tim Watson et al were very full of praise for Switta’s chase down and tackle in the Bulldogs’ fwd50 that turned an almost certain goal into a behind. All good except it was Travis Colyer.
Both really important pieces of play, and a skill we have been missing.

Luke Darcy, "ah, all these white fellas look the same".

Switta & Colyer, the Mundy & Mayne of 2019.

His pressure and tackle is amazing! Witnessed it at the MCG first hand ....WOW - Not long before he starts getting on the scoreboard more!
LOVE HIM!!!

love his endevor but he is one bad game from being replaced by hayden ballentyne....lets hope hayden is strictly depth till the end of the year and we continue with switta

love his endevor but he is one bad game from being replaced by hayden ballentyne....lets hope hayden is strictly depth till the end of the year and we continue with switta

Agreed, he is doing the forward pressure well but is not getting the ball enough or looking likely to score. Happy for Ballas to have a farewell game but equally happy if he plays because he is in better form than someone else.

I don’t share the love. Does sfa as far as I can see. Not sure on his final stats but up until 3 quarter time he had zero kicks and zero tackles inside 50, and not a lot else.

This thread resembles the Apeness “he’s great cause he crashes the packs” thread from a couple of years ago. Urban myth. Bigfooty myth.

I like his pressure but like Ballantine before him he needs to get more possessions and hit the scoreboard a lot more. Imagine if Ballas stats over a 3 or 4 week period did not include hitting the scoreboard? Would he be lauded in the same way I wonder?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back