Sando sacked - confirmed **** crows only ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AFL media are more interested on protecting and promoting the game, than being actual journalists.

It's almost to their credit that they keep personal issues out of the media; like marital issues and drug use.

It must be all true.

Believe what you want - my source is from the horses mouth - not some 2nd cousin of a past player.

"The horses mouth" would be Sando himself so I doubt you have that.

I think you mean your source is a person who is making the allegation (player directly involved) or a person inside the club; player or official (indirectly involved). None of these mean evidence or reliability. The amount of complaints that have two sided stories is astounding. I've dealt with hundreds and both sides are compelling to the person on each side due to different perspectives.

Unless you have an admission from Sando or there was an evidence based investigation that you were party to your source is nothing other than an allegation. And I doubt it was even that direct - more likely it was a person inside the club that has a certain perspective on things and had a blab.

The media in the AFL has become far more intense over the past 8 years.

Any inclinking of this would cause the media to go ape droppings to write a story these days.

Possibly true, but a lot of the media jumped on the anti-AFC train very early and ran with that. Even if it was just the shock from lack of leaks, there was almost no objective reporting. They don't often about-face as it reduces their credibility. It's easier to let your earlier articles hold up and ignore the 'gossip'. If you're relying on unbiased and pure journalism to shed some light then you're heading down the wrong path.

I give up, all I can say is that you are all correct :rolleyes: but you go ahead and continue to hang the guy out to dry with no evidence.

Good job guys.

Last edited:

I think you mean your source is a person who is making the allegation (player directly involved) or a person inside the club; player or official (indirectly involved). None of these mean evidence or reliability. The amount of complaints that have two sided stories is astounding. I've dealt with hundreds and both sides are compelling to the person on each side due to different perspectives.

Unless you have an admission from Sando or there was an evidence based investigation that you were party to your source is nothing other than an allegation. And I doubt it was even that direct - more likely it was a person inside the club that has a certain perspective on things and had a blab.
And more than likely had an "axe to grind" with the bloke....

Numerous staff witnessed the behaviour - & yes these witnesses are the horses mouth. This is just not just a he said/she said between 2 people.

You are not the only person on this board who has been in senior management/executive role & dealt with these types of incidents ;)

And more than likely had an "axe to grind" with the bloke....
So all these different staff just happened to have an axe to grind.

There was more than 1 event & more than 1 other person involved.

Last edited:
So why even mention Rolf Harris's name then , you said it yourself "I'm not likening what Sando did to anything like what Rolf did"...poor choice of an example, as were the references to Milne etc by others..
Fair enough - edited my post.

It's not likely to be an axe to grind situation when there is more than 1 other party & witnessed by several people.

There is a reason why this behaviour is now known by so many...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough - edited my post.

It's not likely to be an axe to grind situation when there is more than 1 other party & witnessed by several people.

There is a reason why this behaviour is now known by so many...
I'll delete mine, don't get me wrong I'm in no way condoning anything here I just don't see people's point in giving this more oxygen, it's now history and he is no longer at the club.

I'll delete mine, don't get me wrong I'm in no way condoning anything here I just don't see people's point in giving this more oxygen, it's now history and he is no longer at the club.
The big positive is IMO AFC are now in much better hands with:
+ Walsh + Fagan + Roo
- Sando - Trigg

Also, Sando would not have survived as a head coach regardless as wasn't up to this role.

It's the denials that nothing happened ... or that the other parties may have an axe to grind... or because the media haven't put in on the front page it must be made up... when it is well known within the club circles that there were incidents. Unfortunately this type of behaviour has been too readily covered up in football clubs & should not be tolerated.

Onwards & upwards...

Life isn't that simple in practice, even when you read it from 1 of the colonel's text books on what should happen in theory ;)

Are you suggesting Hemi is also only a uni student reading theory texts? :p

You are not the only person on this board who has been in senior management/executive role & dealt with these types of incidents ;)

"has" -Past tense? Oh dear, nothing inappropriate I trust :D

Last edited:
Numerous staff witnessed the behaviour - & yes these witnesses are the horses mouth. This is just not just a he said/she said between 2 people.

Did you hear it from numerous staff (i.e. you have more than one source), or is your one source telling you that numerous staff witnessed it?

The club said why he was sacked.

The debating is just supporters being supporters.

Surely you don't want the AFC to add stuff that would get them sued unless absolutely proven in court?

The club said why he was sacked.

The debating is just supporters being supporters.

Surely you don't want the AFC to add stuff that would get them sued unless absolutely proven in court?
Did the club say how they felt they were capable of paying $1.2M? I assume they didn't start the rumour that we wouldn't be paying out the full amount. The club knew sacking a coach two years early would need a more detailed account of why he was sacked (even if they give a false account).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back