Competitions SBFFL 2022 MATCHDAY THREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

We are into the final round of home and away.

PetWussy and Cattsy both failed to shore up their spot in finals and still at risk of being pushed out if they fail to win this week and if Jonzi can also get up against a battered St Kilda Death side.

Meanwhile the top four all play each other this week in what promises to be an interesting trial run leading into finals.

Last edited:

While I have your attention if anyone here is interested in joining me in the Sweet FA let me know?

If you aren't familiar with the Sweet FA it's a community of Big Footy posters who basically engage in light hearted banter under the guise of a text based fantasy AFL competition. It's a really, really fun space full of posters with a shrewd sense of humour poking fun at each other and the world in general. It has been around for over 15 years and comprises 13 teams.

I 'play' for a team called the Baghdad Bombers and we are keen to find new posters who may be interested in joining the team.

The SFA has been a fantastic way for me to 'meet' posters from other clubs and expand my Big Footy horizons.

Let me know if you are intrigued and I'll take you on a tour!

This will need a recount for sure!

Finals on the line 🤯

Attachments

• 66014075-FB1C-41FB-A7EE-6621E7BA4AC0.png
    66014075-FB1C-41FB-A7EE-6621E7BA4AC0.png
    99.9 KB · Views: 16
B.Smith 134 - Moore 76 - Hurn 137
Dale 103 - Logue 72 - Salem 61
Swallow 111 - Wines (250) - Libba 112
Nic Nat 84 - Taranto 72 - hanners 93
Stengle 89 - McEvoy 106- Membrey 78
Hill 54 - Daniher 61 - Graham 51
Wilkie 66 - DBJ 117 - Duggan 103 - Preuss 64

Total Rd 20 = 2094
P.McCartin 75, Pickett 89, Burgoyne 85, Hogan 74

I lost 1906 - 1930

I’ve been bundled out I reckon based on UF scores in other match ups

Talk about a fall from grace. I was cruising 4 weeks ago!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cattsy please check the scoring as this close loss sees you drop out of finals contention. If only you had stuck with Ben Keays!

1659321692369.png

Cattsy please check the scoring as this close loss sees you drop out of finals contention. If only you had stuck with Ben Keays!

View attachment 1462705
I have checked it unfortunately 😣

I moved it off Keays when I heard he’s getting needles to the groin just to be out there.

Also thought we’d lose to Port and Daicos would get a lot of ball down back.

Should have just gone Viney in game 1 really. Oh well at least I was more competitive than last year

I have checked it unfortunately 😣

I moved it off Keays when I heard he’s getting needles to the groin just to be out there.

Also thought we’d lose to Port and Daicos would get a lot of ball down back.

Should have just gone Viney in game 1 really. Oh well at least I was more competitive than last year
It's been an outstanding year from your boys mate.

And your eye at the draft has been impeccable so far. I think most here would be very impressed with how quickly your boys have become competitive.

Those Daicos boys though. What a bunch of spuds.

Am assuming cursing updated this to 1999 on UF - guess I added wrong? No change in result though.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Another tight game. Probably worth checking to make sure.

1659363132349.png

Congratulations Haychh and Olma FC on winning the minor premiership.

1659364761709.png

The first week of finals see simonoz, PetWussy, barta for pm, and Jonzi battle it out for a shot at a preliminary final.

To the four teams that finished outside the top 6, don't forget there is a consolation finals series, so update your teams and set yourself for a last hurrah.

Also, a reminder that post finals the waiver wire will be shut off completely so the following 3 weeks represent your last chance this season to cleanout any deadwood that found it's way on to your list via the waiver, and maybe pick up a couple of young hopefuls who may be setting up for a big offseason.

Again, just a reminder that you cannot delist players taken in this years draft until the final list lodgements are called prior to the 2022 draft.

Best of luck gentlemen!

My forwards are so frustrating. I need to stop playing Toby Greene but I know the week I don't he will go big!

Happy with Sonsie, looks like he could be a fantasy jet, knows how to find the footy!
Whoever got Cumberland hit the jackpot too.

View attachment 1463430

The first week of finals see simonoz, PetWussy, barta for pm, and Jonzi battle it out for a shot at a preliminary final.

To the four teams that finished outside the top 6, don't forget there is a consolation finals series, so update your teams and set yourself for a last hurrah.

Also, a reminder that post finals the waiver wire will be shut off completely so the following 3 weeks represent your last chance this season to cleanout any deadwood that found it's way on to your list via the waiver, and maybe pick up a couple of young hopefuls who may be setting up for a big offseason.

Again, just a reminder that you cannot delist players taken in this years draft until the final list lodgements are called prior to the 2022 draft.

Best of luck gentlemen!
Thanks mate, good luck to the finalists. Hopefully I’ll be competing with you boys next year.

I assume the consolidation finals are just for bragging rights?

View attachment 1463430

Best of luck gentlemen!
CursingFijian thanks for adding up my scores man. I’ve had my hands full the last few days with the birth of our first daughter! I’ll get the team sorted for Friday. Thanks guys

CursingFijian thanks for adding up my scores man. I’ve had my hands full the last few days with the birth of our first daughter! I’ll get the team sorted for Friday. Thanks guys

Wow !! Congrats man - that’s the best. And a daughter…..to make you lose your mind in about 13 years. Congrats to you both !!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back