Scarlett - 3 weeks with guilty plea

Remove this Banner Ad

A hit to the face with force is a hit to the face with force regardless of which body part is used - amount of impact is secondary. the amount of players that get off because they're heavy hits miss or are blocked annoys me

If the AFL went on intent when rubbing out players for head high hits Solomon's 7 would have stood, Hall may have gotten one or two more and Scarlett should get 2-3 more

King hit = a hit you don't see coming. Weak act.

A king hit is any blow you don't see coming because the guy who hit you is a gutless **** stain and knows that if he stood toe to toe with you that he'd be in hospital. Ballantyne qualifies.

Might be defined that way at Freo FC, but the rest of the world define a king hit (or sucker punch) as whacking someone when they're unaware of it coming. Ballantyne is a sniper. Don't give me this s**t about it being an elbow to the stomach, inferring it's nothing, I'll smash you with the point of my elbow in your solar plex when you're not ready for it and believe me you'll be in all sorts of pain. Give me the soft "punch" (no shoulder or hip in it, probably as Scarlett doesn't know how to punch) Scarlett delivered (face to face) anyday over a coward king hit behind play. Weak as piss - your club should be embarrassed over Ballantyne's effort.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/king+hit?s=t

A hit to the face with force is a hit to the face with force regardless of which body part is used - amount of impact is secondary. the amount of players that get off because they're heavy hits miss or are blocked annoys me

If the AFL went on intent when rubbing out players for head high hits Solomon's 7 would have stood, Hall may have gotten one or two more and Scarlett should get 2-3 more

Dont compare Halls hit to Scarlett lol... Both teams got away with blatant disregard to the rules, exactly the reason none are appealing ;)

and by anticipating i meant only hypothetically that there was the possibility that the ball was going to be near where Ballantyne and Chapman were soon when contact was made and Ballantyne was just making it easier for himself if the ball did get there

You're full of it. Motlop had just marked and was lining up to kick a goal. The only way Ballantyne could've expected the ball would be in the middle of the ground is for the centre bounce.

You're full of it. Motlop had just marked and was lining up to kick a goal. The only way Ballantyne could've expected the ball would be in the middle of the ground is for the centre bounce.

I know there was no way the ball could get there (to where the Ballantyne/Chapman incident occurred), but there is always that argument of the ball possibly coming - what if it was a point and Freo got the ball out within a matter of seconds? I know it didn't happen that way and the chances were next to nil, but there is always that chance. With the Scarlett incident the ball was dead and about to be run to the centre of the ground by the ump.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back