Roast SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Hardly think it’s the SCG. It’s more so the teams playing on it. Yes, like ******* North Melbourne...gee that was a god awful game to watch!

Can be congested easily

the SCG sometimes seems conducive to boring batshit footy, saturday night was a good team win, but hardly something to drag the casual fan back again and again
I’ve seen some stunning games there.

But yes, I do wonder if bizarrely, it’s no longer ideal for our game plan. Needless to say, this could become no small problem for a team hoping to win the odd AFL premiership.

I’ve seen some stunning games there.

But yes, I do wonder if bizarrely, it’s no longer ideal for our game plan. Needless to say, this could become no small problem for a team hoping to win the odd AFL premiership.

Oh been some brilliant footy, just mean sometimes

Maybe it’s sometimes too too dewy

I trained on it pretty much 2 years to the day and it was extremely dewy! It was almost like someone had left the sprinklers on :think:

Every time we beat Essendon my mate tells me we watered the ground

At least we don’t have syringes lying around

God, don't you HATE trackwork!! I lived on the main western line (Central to Blue Mountains) for three or four years and it seemed to me that the bloody line was closed every second weekend for trackwork!!! :mad::mad::mad:
I live in the Northern Beaches and our major road leading out of there (Wakehurst Parkway) was advertised as closed for the weekend for roadworks for the new Beaches Hospital. Turns out only one half of it was on Sat night. I know heaps of members who decided not to go to the game because of that. Don't even suggest public transport to the game from our end (Avalon/Bilgola). Wouldn't arrive at the SCG till after christmas.
n.b. I attended the game.

Did anyone try out Swans Canteen
http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video/2018-05-22/sydney-swans-canteen-presented-by-broadsheet
http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video/2018-05-15/swans-canteen-choc-top-tart
https://www.broadsheet.com.au/sydne...wans-canteen-broadsheet-reinvents-footy-snack
Of course, I chose only the food with chocolate :rolleyes::p
a807b8de83b1d192e9890445931209fd.jpg

49ffdf52d496a6243711a106ca9ad900.jpg

I live in the Northern Beaches and our major road leading out of there (Wakehurst Parkway) was advertised as closed for the weekend for roadworks for the new Beaches Hospital. Turns out only one half of it was on Sat night. I know heaps of members who decided not to go to the game because of that. Don't even suggest public transport to the game from our end (Avalon/Bilgola). Wouldn't arrive at the SCG till after christmas.
n.b. I attended the game.

Heh. I used to live in Bilgola.

Speaking of psychological hurdles, once you went up to the Plateau who could be bothered going down again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

60 thousand members, advertising $23 tickets one week out, odd.

Indigenous round with Buddy's number being 23?
Yeh, sort of get the subliminal bent but how are tics still available with our membership, dodgy.

Ground has a minimum number of public allocation tickets available for every game.

Used to be 5k. No idea what it is these days.

Yeh, sort of get the subliminal bent but how are tics still available with our membership, dodgy.

not dissimilar from a lot of clubs

Hawks massive member numbers plenty of empty seats for instance

No. But did try out jug of cider at PJ Gallaghers. Rather nice Freo couple sitting next to us asked if we had enough time to drink it before the game.
Me: Yes. And this is all mine by the way:p:oops:

not dissimilar from a lot of clubs

Hawks massive member numbers plenty of empty seats for instance
Yep.
People here questioned our seemingly low crowd numbers weighed against our membership total, but I see there was only 28k at Hawks v WC yesterday at an indoor game in a family friendly time slot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back