Remove this Banner Ad

Gets!

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Your thoughts?

I reckon she is innocent. Poor girl.

Just watched that doco as well. SO many things dont make sense for her wanting to do this.

1. Who in their right minds would carry a massive 4kg bag of weed, through not one, but TWO, airports if they were trafficking it intentionally. There are direct flights from Brisbane to Bali.

2. The Cannabis was never tested, there is no security footage of the bag being handled or anything.

3. They tried to make her sign a form at the airport saying she confessed.

4. When asked whose bag it was by Indonesian customs, she said 'Mine'. Without a second thought and took ownership of the bag.

5. The rumours of Mercedes and her husband's alleged surf shop, which has not been found or proven to exist. Mercedes made a good simplt point in the doco, "If we owned a surf shop why would Schapelle bring her boogieboard, she could just borrow one".

6. The testimony of a fellow inmate who over heard other prisoners talking about how the drugs fell into the wrong hands. The bloke risked his own personal safety in order to this.

It just doesn't sit well with me. Since she has been in that hellhole, her Grandmother and her father have both passed away as well, and I was basically imagining my sister or whatever in the same situation. I would be devestated.

My dad reckons she is guilty, yet can't provide me with a reason for this. So frustrating arghh

Mate when this first happened i thought she was innocent but these days I am CERTAIN she is guilty. Especially because of her family.

There is a part 2 of this documentary on Tuesday night.

I'll probably have done a complete backflip by then. Who knows.

No way to prove whether she is guilty or not.

It all seems very suspicious. They live next to a guy who grew cannabis. Despite him saying it is a different type, Channel 9 asked the question of a room existing where that sort of stuff is grown. He also said that the stuff he believes was found in the bag is very powerful, where Mercedes' husband said it isn't so powerful. Mercedes is married to a Balinese man, who may be known as a drug dealer.

Also how odd is it that Schapelle goes to hospital right when it is shown? Seems like she may be doing it for attention to attract more viewers.

5. The rumours of Mercedes and her husband's alleged surf shop, which has not been found or proven to exist. Mercedes made a good simplt point in the doco, "If we owned a surf shop why would Schapelle bring her boogieboard, she could just borrow one".

Umm, so she could bring the pot as well?

I thought she was guilty all along but I thought a twenty year sentence was way too harsh IMO.

Agreed, always thought she was guilty. 20 years is way too much, especially when you compare that to what some people get here for far worse things, but that's how it's done over there.

She's guilty, and she knows it, her defense was a lie and she's been acting the entire time to get support from Australia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She is guilty.

I think she is a mule for a bigger scheme though.....don't have to look far past the rest of the family for key players IMO.

While some may think it is harsh, you do the crime, you do the time, in the country you were busted in. She is lucky to still be alive according to local law, the death penalty was lucky not to be given.

Willing to have a wager that that Ron Bakir guy is part of the syndicate as well, hence his interest in her welfare.....

I don't know and I don't really care.

I see how there are holes in their defence just as there are holes in the lack of evidence and her motive against her (remember you have to prove she is guilty beyond all reasonable doubt). I think that the fact they are bogans has little to do with it and if you think she is guilty because of her boganness you are as stupid as people falling for the spin.

The doco was only good for an insight into a legal team and how they deal with a high profile case and how much spin is involved (which I don't think is an admission of guilt, all high profile cases regardless of whether they're guilty or not has this sort of spin going).

Either way the fact that either bali or the aussie airport had no evidence of her guilt or evidence is something that needs to be looked at.

My dad reckons she is guilty, yet can't provide me with a reason for this. So frustrating arghh
Lawyer later admitting that they made up the defence of the baggage handlers putting the drugs in there?

Dunno......

Guilty always for me, and although 20 years was harsh from my perspective, its their rules... People know they have stricter drug rules in other countries, and she did the crime according to a court of law...

It was her and her family’s stupid idea to play the media card like this. What did she expect? The Army to invade! They found the dope in her possession and she is obviously dumb enough to have made the attempt. Guilty all the way.

Your thoughts?

I reckon she is innocent. Poor girl.

Just watched that doco as well. SO many things dont make sense for her wanting to do this.

1. Who in their right minds would carry a massive 4kg bag of weed, through not one, but TWO, airports if they were trafficking it intentionally. There are direct flights from Brisbane to Bali.

2. The Cannabis was never tested, there is no security footage of the bag being handled or anything.

3. They tried to make her sign a form at the airport saying she confessed.

4. When asked whose bag it was by Indonesian customs, she said 'Mine'. Without a second thought and took ownership of the bag.

6. The testimony of a fellow inmate who over heard other prisoners talking about how the drugs fell into the wrong hands. The bloke risked his own personal safety in order to this.

It just doesn't sit well with me. Since she has been in that hellhole, her Grandmother and her father have both passed away as well, and I was basically imagining my sister or whatever in the same situation. I would be devestated.

There are some good points here. But a mate at work has a mate whos daughter was good friends with the Corby's. She's been drug trafficking dope to Bali for years. I couldn't tell you much more than what's known publicly, but yeah. She's as guilty as f*ck.

It got me thinking about the whole thing today as well.

I'm thinking she was either tipped off about smuggling drugs into the country or she was geniunely set up by Mercedes. But would you really cover up for your own sister if they got you a 20 year prison sentence? Unlikely.

I think the likely scenario is that the Corby's paid off a few employee's to let the drugs through Bali airport into the country but were tipped off. The reason she immediately claimed ownership of the bag could be down to the fact she wouldn't have known about being tipped off and/or the wrong person got hold of the bag containing the weed.

I heard the x-ray machines at Brisbane airport were down the day they smuggled the drugs and when asked later on why a bag of dope managed to sneak past any checks someone said the staff there can be lazy at times. Shouldn't they be sacked then for not doing their job? Or are they covering their own asses by using that as an excuse so they don't expose any drug smugglers at the Brisbane airport?

Don't get me wrong, i haven't seen the doco, but am only going by what the mate at work told me. But he certainly knows she's guilty for drug smuggling, hell, the whole family was involved in drugs apparently, and if you wanted drugs in that area the only people you would go and see were the Corby's.

I don't have any sympathy for someone who took the whole of Australia for a ride in trying to convince everyone she was innocent. She can rot in the hell hole for all i care.

She's innocent. Just like OJ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back