Schapelle

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would Corby want to take a 4 kg bag of weed to Bali?

Surely they would have enough sense to put it in a suitcase or something rather then a boogy board bag.

Really it is an absolute disgrace that the bag was never fingerprinted, that evidence was contaminated and that the weed was never forensically examined/tested.

Scumbag drug dealer, don't know why anybody would sit down for hours to watch this rubbish.
Why don't we hear a thing about all the other Australians who have been busted drug dealing?
Instead all we hear about is poor Schapelle Corby who the media seems to be intent on turning into a celebrity and everybody is lapping it up.
Guilty as sin, the only people to blame for that website is herself and her idiot family

Guilty as. Whether she put it there or it was a fmaily member is something different.

I still struggle to see how she got caught. Customs in bali is probably the leanest anywhere in the world. Have been there 8 times over the last 5 or so years and have never been stopped once.

If you wanted to smuggle s**t in it would cost $150 bucks max to get it past customs. $100 to the official and a bottle of johnnie walker and your through.

I still struggle to see how she got caught. Customs in bali is probably the leanest anywhere in the world. Have been there 8 times over the last 5 or so years and have never been stopped once.
I reckon I travelled inter-country in Europe 10 times and never got stopped once.

When I went to Bali, there was a line the length of the airport doing passport and bag checks. My bro's been there plenty and he says he's been stopped pretty much every time. And we've been clean. All they need to do in addition is run a dog over the bags (which is obviously how they found it).

I am very confident that it was erronously carted there. Of course that would mean that the Corby family has a serious drug dealer in their midst (or now deceased) and the irony is they are protecting the family name and reputation (a big lol!).

I don't know and I don't really care.

I see how there are holes in their defence just as there are holes in the lack of evidence and her motive against her (remember you have to prove she is guilty beyond all reasonable doubt). I think that the fact they are bogans has little to do with it and if you think she is guilty because of her boganness you are as stupid as people falling for the spin.

The doco was only good for an insight into a legal team and how they deal with a high profile case and how much spin is involved (which I don't think is an admission of guilt, all high profile cases regardless of whether they're guilty or not has this sort of spin going).

Either way the fact that either bali or the aussie airport had no evidence of her guilt or evidence is something that needs to be looked at.

That would be the case in Australian law. But in Indonesian Law it's the opposite, at least where drugs are concerned. Since she was caught with the drugs she has to prove that they weren't hers.

In fact, I reckon if this was in Australia, travelling from Brisbane to Sydney and she was caught with the same drugs she'd be found guilty unless she was able to prove they weren't hers. Pretty much anywhere actually.

She was caught with the drugs...
She couldn't prove the drugs weren't hers...
Guilty in both Indonesia and Australia.
If she was found not guilty it opens the door for anyone who's caught to say "they're not mine. I've never seen them" and make the authorities prove that they belong to the person carrying them. No way that should be the case!

I'm not saying I think she's guilty. I really don't know if she knew they were there or not.
But my feeling is that everyone on that trip knew there were drugs in the bag. Her brother (James) looked and sounded dodgy when asked if Schapelle was covering for someone else on the trip and Schapelle and Mercedes both stumbled on these questions. They were usually much more confident and convincing when answering other questions.
One of her friends wasn't very convincing either when asked if she knew there were drugs in the boogie board.

If she/they didn't do it though I feel very sorry for her and her mother. They'd be going through hell and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
I can tell you also that I'm in no hurry to go for a holiday to Bali and if I do travel overseas I'll be making every effort to make my luggage as secure as possible.
Wouldn't want to be stopped by customs and told to open my bag and find myself staring at a huge bag of drugs!

The Indonesian court system is different from Australia in that they use the inquisitorial system derived I think from Dutch law whereas Australia uses an adversarial system derived from English law.

A convicted drug trafficker who admits to setting up drug channels all over Australia and has been photographed with Corby claims that he knows for sure who planted the drugs and that he will expose everything in 18 months.

That would be the case in Australian law. But in Indonesian Law it's the opposite, at least where drugs are concerned. Since she was caught with the drugs she has to prove that they weren't hers.

In fact, I reckon if this was in Australia, travelling from Brisbane to Sydney and she was caught with the same drugs she'd be found guilty unless she was able to prove they weren't hers. Pretty much anywhere actually.

I agree however there did seem to be many inconsistencies with the prosecution such as fingerprinting and other forensic tests which definately would have taken place here.

Though for the record her I would be surprised if she was innocent

I don't know if she is innocent or not but 20 years was way way way too harsh. A couple of years would have been plenty. The Indonesian laws really need to be assessed when a murderer could get less than a drug dealer :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know if she is innocent or not but 20 years was way way way too harsh. A couple of years would have been plenty. The Indonesian laws really need to be assessed when a murderer could get less than a drug dealer :rolleyes:

I agree that the penalties don't seem to fit the crime.

But if you're going to take drugs into the country you know the penalties and if you get caught no-one has the right to complain about the harshness of those penalties.

Everyone knows the penalty. It's not such a bad thing in my opinion to make the risk heavily outweigh the gains when you are trying to stop a growing problem.
Australia is way too weak in this area

I agree however there did seem to be many inconsistencies with the prosecution such as fingerprinting and other forensic tests which definately would have taken place here.

Though for the record her I would be surprised if she was innocent

Yep.
There should have been video surveillance cameras for all customs issues where such a harsh penalty in involved and fingerprinting of the bag should have been done.
Testing of the drugs probably wouldn't have proven anything because the bag could have been transported to Gold Coast from anywhere before it was put into the boogie board bag. (I'm assuming GC but could have been Brisbane or Sydney)

I think her sister ,Mercedes ,is even more dumber then she is if thats possible

I disagree. I think Mercedes is slicker than whale sh*t on an iceflow, they've pi**ed off one of their associates in Bali and thay have told Customs to pull them down going through Denpasar. She is in this up to her eyeballs and has manipulated Schapelle into carrying the can for this. Thats my opinion anyway.

How ____ing ungrateful were the family towards their legal team and Bakir. FFS she could easily have been killed or given a much longer sentence, that Bakir despite whether his intentions were good or not and whether or not he was making money out of it the fact is he did a great spin job for Corby and they just spit in their face.

I didn't know they didn't use the 'beyond all reasonable doubt" rule. In Australia Corby may not have been found guilty depending on the judge/jury at the time and what they consider to be "reasonable" doubt.

hahahahahahaha. Hilarious.

"Please do not hit the bars of Schapelle's cage to get her attention as you may annoy other people on the tour".

Nearly as funny as the Osama Bin Laden dating website that was doing the rounds, when one of the questions was:

I prefer;
a) female
b) male
c) goat

She is guilty, but let her out and set up a reality tv series about her and her family. Would be great viewing.

I disagree. I think Mercedes is slicker than whale sh*t on an iceflow, they've pi**ed off one of their associates in Bali and thay have told Customs to pull them down going through Denpasar. She is in this up to her eyeballs and has manipulated Schapelle into carrying the can for this. Thats my opinion anyway.

That sounds about right to me.

Yeah i am of the firm belief that there is more to the story than what has been released through the media. I'm edging towards a police tip off which exposed the whole drug bust thing, which is probably the same thing you've said, but yeah, i don't think we'll ever know, there is probably some covering up somewhere underneath it all on the authorities behalf..

Mate when this first happened i thought she was innocent but these days I am CERTAIN she is guilty. Especially because of her family.
I think she carries the can for some gutless dog. She probably knows more than she did before her arrest but she is the bunny in this. The Indos' don't give a damn about the justice .All they see is the dope and the owner of the boogy bag, "gotta be guilty, stuff
investigation, she 's good looking white girl, stupid and guilty as hell" Thats how they think .I'm no lawyer or expert but bloody logic tellsme she'd have been the craziest dope smugler on the planet to carry the stuff knowingly, and say, yes officer its my bag, why whats wrong? here open it up its only got my stu-------- oh s**t, who put that there?
and thats the question and I don't think it was her.But I bet she knows now!
To me, the film on TV of her, after her arrest, looked like she was thinking oh it'll be alright there must be some mistake . But when later no one stepped in she started to realise how much deep poo she really was in.

She was caught with the drugs...
She couldn't prove the drugs weren't hers...
Guilty in both Indonesia and Australia.
If she was found not guilty it opens the door for anyone who's caught to say "they're not mine. I've never seen them" and make the authorities prove that they belong to the person carrying them. No way that should be the case!

I'm not saying I think she's guilty. I really don't know if she knew they were there or not.
But my feeling is that everyone on that trip knew there were drugs in the bag. Her brother (James) looked and sounded dodgy when asked if Schapelle was covering for someone else on the trip and Schapelle and Mercedes both stumbled on these questions. They were usually much more confident and convincing when answering other questions.
One of her friends wasn't very convincing either when asked if she knew there were drugs in the boogie board.

If she/they didn't do it though I feel very sorry for her and her mother. They'd be going through hell and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
I can tell you also that I'm in no hurry to go for a holiday to Bali and if I do travel overseas I'll be making every effort to make my luggage as secure as possible.
Wouldn't want to be stopped by customs and told to open my bag and find myself staring at a huge bag of drugs!
Gee mate they have to prove her guilt not the other way around.Beyond reasonable doubt, and, it was beyond reasonable doubt. Two reasons, She'd told them, yes the bags are mine the dope is not,there is the first doubt that a prosicutor (in this country
anyway) would have to investigate .Secondly the bloody Indonesians did not investigate hardly anything, and they destroyed the dope as well, too soon. Their system had her hung drawn and quartered before her feet touched the police station floor.
Its like if you lived in a street that was a mile long and someone was murdered at the other end, shot dead,so the cops search every house in the street .You live at the extreme other end but your the only person with a rifle say?Well mate you've got the gun we,ve found it, IT MUST BE YOU.We don't need any more investigating, String him up! No No no one else could have done it, dead body, gun shot and gun, its you.

I agree that the penalties don't seem to fit the crime.

But if you're going to take drugs into the country you know the penalties and if you get caught no-one has the right to complain about the harshness of those penalties.

Everyone knows the penalty. It's not such a bad thing in my opinion to make the risk heavily outweigh the gains when you are trying to stop a growing problem.
Australia is way too weak in this area
I agree, but this is about justice being done, not the drugs, if you are absolutely totally guilty then you get it hard, but no one proved her guilty beyond any doubt at all did they?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back