Schapelle

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done on listening to any of my arguments then. You'll go far. :thumbsu:

(Please find any point in this thread where I said I don't think she should be punished.)

Right back at ya. Please find any point in this thread where I said you said she shouldn't be punished.

What you've been arguing is that the punishment is too harsh. Then you acknowledged that she (probably) chose to do it anyway.

If she chose to do it knowing very well what the penalties are no-one can ever argue that the penalties are unfair.
Here's a little test for Norway. Try increasing the penalties over there and see if the crime rate increases. It won't. Their low crime rate is a reflection of their culture not a reflection of their weak penalties. I don't see how you can seriously use one country as proof that weaker penalties are more effective than stronger penalties.

You said that America's murder rate is huge despite having the death penalties. Somehow this is an example (in your mind) that tough laws don't work.
In fact, it's the exact opposite. Weak laws are the cause of their high murder rate. Weak laws that allow just about anyone to own guns!!

If their laws were tougher their murder rates would drop significantly.

If I was dealing drugs I'd probably be willing to take a risk to sell drugs in Australia because our laws are pathetically weak. But there'd be no way in hell I'd be trying to smuggle drugs into Bali. No thanks.
Schapelle deserves every single day of her punishent for taking that risk.

Right back at ya. Please find any point in this thread where I said you said she shouldn't be punished.

What you've been arguing is that the punishment is too harsh. Then you acknowledged that she (probably) chose to do it anyway.

If she chose to do it knowing very well what the penalties are no-one can ever argue that the penalties are unfair.
Here's a little test for Norway. Try increasing the penalties over there and see if the crime rate increases. It won't. Their low crime rate is a reflection of their culture not a reflection of their weak penalties. I don't see how you can seriously use one country as proof that weaker penalties are more effective than stronger penalties.

You said that America's murder rate is huge despite having the death penalties. Somehow this is an example (in your mind) that tough laws don't work.
In fact, it's the exact opposite. Weak laws are the cause of their high murder rate. Weak laws that allow just about anyone to own guns!!

If their laws were tougher their murder rates would drop significantly.

If I was dealing drugs I'd probably be willing to take a risk to sell drugs in Australia because our laws are pathetically weak. But there'd be no way in hell I'd be trying to smuggle drugs into Bali. No thanks.
Schapelle deserves every single day of her punishent for taking that risk.
Spot on.Excellent post

And you continue to ignore the fact that people don't die from using marijuana anymore than from cigarettes.

Not taking sides (I've barely read any recent posts in this thread) but this comment isn't exactly true. People smoking marijuana are less likely to be using a filter and therefore get the full bang of smoke nasties.

Shes coming home this weekend. Should end up being the biggest media shitfight since..................................Cassie last weekend.

Yep. I'm scheduled to fly down from Brisbane to Melbourne around the same time she'll be arriving in Brisbane. I didn't plan that one too well.

058732c3f4005414b3d1fdf672eb165a

The Indo justice system is insane. A bullet in the head for importing smack, twenty years for weed; six for killing someone.

How many peoples lives do hard drugs ruin/cut short though? Our justice system is hardly a great example either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many peoples lives do hard drugs ruin/cut short though? Our justice system is hardly a great example either.
Indonesian styled "guilty as charged " no matter what is or isn't proven doesn't stop the drug trade in that place or anywhere. So why the violence from these people.
Maybe they are still learning. But the Corby thing is just a terrible act of injustice and proved ABSOLUTLLY NOTHING,
STOPPED ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, KILLED TWO REFORMED PEOPLE, AFTER YEARS AND YEARS , WHAT THE HELL DID THOSE HALF WITTED INDONESIAN LAW MAKERS GAIN OR GET OUT OF THAT. success??????????????????
No, they didn't, the drug trade was , is and will be, rampant in that country, and their vile cruelty won't stop a thing.
That's what makes me so very very wary of these backward places.
Evolution is a work in progress. Tunnel vision is a problem for uninformed people , who are told too much what and when and how to live.

Indonesian styled "guilty as charged " no matter what is or isn't proven doesn't stop the drug trade in that place or anywhere. So why the violence from these people.
Maybe they are still learning. But the Corby thing is just a terrible act of injustice and proved ABSOLUTLLY NOTHING,
STOPPED ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, KILLED TWO REFORMED PEOPLE, AFTER YEARS AND YEARS , WHAT THE HELL DID THOSE HALF WITTED INDONESIAN LAW MAKERS GAIN OR GET OUT OF THAT. success??????????????????
No, they didn't, the drug trade was , is and will be, rampant in that country, and their vile cruelty won't stop a thing.
That's what makes me so very very wary of these backward places.
Evolution is a work in progress. Tunnel vision is a problem for uninformed people , who are told too much what and when and how to live.
Dude, it wasn't a stitch up job. She was guilty in every sense of the word. So do you think the slap on the wrist nature of Australias policing on drugs is working?
Don't let the fact that people don't regularly and openly approach strangers on the street to sell drugs give you the illusion that drugs in this country aren't as big an issue here as it is in these "backward places".

It doesn't matter how screwed up the Indonesian system is. People know the risks and should be prepared to pay the consequences if they ignore those risks.

Dude, it wasn't a stitch up job. She was guilty in every sense of the word. So do you think the slap on the wrist nature of Australia's policing on drugs is working?
Don't let the fact that people don't regularly and openly approach strangers on the street to sell drugs give you the illusion that drugs in this country aren't as big an issue here as it is in these "backward places".
Point taken. But her crime (if it was proven or not) was not deserving of a punishment like she got. And the two Australians that got shot for nothing , after serving time, doing their punishment was as bad if not worse than the American 20 years down the track system is.
The dope in the boogie board, that was it, what I dislike about this place is that it has no avenue for a party to prove innocence , yet Corby had to prove her innocence and she couldn't. Whether it was because she was guilty or not is not my point, she was already guilty as far as they were concerned and they were going to make an example of her , AND.....WHEN THERE WAS DOUBT. Tons of it.
And I haven't heard a thing from the day she was arrested to now that says she ever admitted her guilt , and if she did, it was after being advised to "confess" if she did, for sentencing purposes.
A slap on the wrist or sever punishment, drugs is a major problem, and if you look to the early 20th century in the USA you'll see what prohibition caused, the Mafia.
I'd be legalising it, to stop the criminal element, but controlling addicts with very very strict treatments.
Govt control might stop the kids killing themselves with stuff the crooks get to them , but shooting a person for dope smuggling , nah, long jail sentence would have been enough, and 10 or 15 years for marijuana , beyond the realm of anything, and who'd it catch and is the drug trade of Indonesia stopped? No.

Point taken. But her crime (if it was proven or not) was not deserving of a punishment like she got. And the two Australians that got shot for nothing , after serving time, doing their punishment was as bad if not worse than the American 20 years down the track system is.
8.3kg Heroin. 8.3kg $4million dollars. Overdoses and deaths stretching the medical system. Breaking Indonesian Law.

But its nothing? :drunk:

Can someone give the nofap guys a page 4 warning in the thread title.

Tbf the changes in Schapelle seem to match many women in her age range over a period of 12 years.

She's starting to look like her mother.

8.3kg Heroin. 8.3kg $4million dollars. Overdoses and deaths stretching the medical system. Breaking Indonesian Law.

But its nothing? :drunk:

They were heroin dealing thugs. Got what they deserved. Harold and Kumar were responsible for the incarceration of 17 other people and threatened that Diaz girl who got caught whilst they were in jail. They're always sorry when they get caught aren't they.

The amount of attention her deportation back to Australia is getting is completely disproportionate to my level of interest

I strongly suspect I'm not alone with that view

Remove this Banner Ad

Back