Injury Schoenmakers knee injury: Confirmed ACL

Remove this Banner Ad

It is a standout, I have never come across a club with a spate so large and in such little time frame.

Well, given the contstant analysis and auditing by clubs of their players, methods, systems and processes, I reckon if they feel there is anything to that observation, there will be changes of some sort made. And quickly. Like a Texan rancher, cattle is a footy club's prime asset, so if there's something wrong with them cows, something will change and fast.

Some perspective - the Pies from last year (and 2011 i guess)

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-05-28/keeffe-the-latest-pie-with-acl-injury/4037980

Brown - Mid feb 2011 (medial strain in 2012)
Macaffer - late feb 2012
Krakouer - late feb 2012
Ball - late April 2012 (sent back on ground after earlier injuring - don't know if relevant)
Keefe - late may 2012

5 in what was effectively a 12month time span, 4 in the space of 3 months. s**t luck happens, sometimes your number unfortunately is due to come up.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-05-28/keeffe-the-latest-pie-with-acl-injury/4037980

Macaffer - late feb 2012
Krakouer - late feb 2012
Ball - late April 2012 (sent back on ground after earlier injuring - don't know if relevant)
Keefe - late may 2012

5 in what was effectively a 12month time span, 4 in the space of 3 months. s**t luck happens, sometimes your number unfortunately is due to come up.
No, that didn't happen. The Pies were completely healthy all year long. Someone told me so.

You are a ******* disgrace champ - celebrating a young bloke's private hell to push your own agenda that not even you can define - I am beyond words.
As a 20 plus year member and sponsor I am absolutaly gutted everytime one of our players goes down , how you reach your conculsion is beyond me, its people like you who wont say anything when there is a problem that are the disgrace and cowards. The reason i am calling for change is because I dont want our players, our new recruits to go down with horrible injuries. Hopefully their is a least one person on the board with the guts to stand up to the coach and the football department and do what has to be done at seasons end. You Taita can carry on with all your chest beating but the statistic are staring you in the face, we all want the Hawks to win but thats hard to do when to many quality players are sitting in the stands with busted knees. Something has got to give.

Apart from providing our players with robotic legs or steel ligaments, I'd love to know exactly what our fitness staff could have done to help prevent a ligament from going 'snap!' when the knee and leg suddenly decide to head off in different directions to the rest of the body?

crocodile-bit-my-guts-out-meme-generator-crocodile-came-up-bit-my-guts-out-and-my-head-went-that-and-my-legs-went-that-way-0dd649.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a 20 plus year member and sponsor I am absolutaly gutted everytime one of our players goes down , how you reach your conculsion is beyond me, its people like you who wont say anything when there is a problem that are the disgrace and cowards. The reason i am calling for change is because I dont want our players, our new recruits to go down with horrible injuries. Hopefully their is a least one person on the board with the guts to stand up to the coach and the football department and do what has to be done at seasons end. You Taita can carry on with all your chest beating but the statistic are staring you in the face, we all want the Hawks to win but thats hard to do when to many quality players are sitting in the stands with busted knees. Something has got to give.
You have NFI about Taita, but what is noticeable is, just like North Melbourne's own Bosk, you only post here when bad things like injuries happen to promote your negative agenda without giving any solutions like a typical gutless flog.

Macaffer - late feb 2012
Krakouer - late feb 2012
Keefe - late may 2012

Macaffer's was an impact ACL injury.
Balls was just dumbass, strained his knee in a tackle, was sent back on the field with an already structurally weakened knee, then completely wrote it off.

Keefe and Krakouer were stock standed knee recos, plant the knee and push off and the ligament goes.

Hawthorns current knee crisis is the worst I have seen,

Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Bloody hell footy gods!!! Just when he was coming into his own!!

get well soon, Schoe, and come back bigger and better!!!!

Nice article on the Hawks website full of praise for Schoey and saying how well he will cope with the situation he's in.

Assistant Coach Luke Beveridge says,

"...I’ve got no doubt that after he has the reco, he’ll attack his rehab and his recovery with as much gusto as he has with his on ground performance from week to week.
“There’ll be no dramas there, he’s full of integrity, that’s the type of person he is. He’ll come back strong.”
Lots more in the full article:

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2013-04-24/resilient-schoey-will-attack-rehab-in-the-right-way

I've no doubt Schoey will deal with this really well, he seems to be the type of person that can cope with big challenges OK.

Have to say though that I'm still finding this one bump I am having trouble riding with a grin :(

For more than 3 years now I have heard nothing but unproven, nay scurrilous, slanderous diatribe and scuttlebutt from you concerning Andrew Russell - it is apparent you either have a serious problem with him or a severe personality disorder.

For what it is worth - no one is laughing with you champ.

For more than 3 years now I have heard nothing but unproven, nay scurrilous, slanderous diatribe and scuttlebutt from you concerning Andrew Russell - it is apparent you either have a serious problem with him or a severe personality disorder.

:D

It made me smile. I'm not sure why, as I didn't understand a word, but it did :D

Seriously some of the crap talked about in here is ridiculous. The ball bounced unpredictably high and over Schoey's head, this surprised him and he tried to grab it but it went past him and he lost his control on how he was landing. It was an unfortunate accident that could happen to anyone, to suggest his knees are weak because Andrew Russell is no good at his job is seriously deluded.

Realhawk, you seem absolutely obsessed with this issue and injuries to Hawthorn players, do you ever post about anything else? Do you even enjoy footy or do you just focus on every injury we get. Fact is clubs get injuries, some clubs have good/lucky years with them and others have bad ones, look at West Coast this year, Essendon and Collingwood last year, Hawthorn 2009. It happens, I'm not sure why you don't let it go and get over it.

Suggesting that Hawks and their fitness staff have issues with soft tissue injuries is one thing but to suggest they're the reason why we have these ACL injuries is honestly ridiculous

Seriously some of the crap talked about in here is ridiculous. The ball bounced unpredictably high and over Schoey's head, this surprised him and he tried to grab it but it went past him and he lost his control on how he was landing. It was an unfortunate accident that could happen to anyone, to suggest his knees are weak because Andrew Russell is no good at his job is seriously deluded.

Realhawk, you seem absolutely obsessed with this issue and injuries to Hawthorn players, do you ever post about anything else? Do you even enjoy footy or do you just focus on every injury we get. Fact is clubs get injuries, some clubs have good/lucky years with them and others have bad ones, look at West Coast this year, Essendon and Collingwood last year, Hawthorn 2009. It happens, I'm not sure why you don't let it go and get over it.

Suggesting that Hawks and their fitness staff have issues with soft tissue injuries is one thing but to suggest they're the reason why we have these ACL injuries is honestly ridiculous

Yes, it is rediculous. You would need know exactly the training protocol etc..

But please understand, any fitness coach etc will look at everything when a player gets injured. To assume anything as bad luck would be derelict in the job. You look at any number of factors...then after that, maybe bad luck is the conclusion. Just like its not good luck when you get a player in top shape and find the best systems to prevent injuries, and do so successfully.

Biomechanics of the player, his kinetic chain of movement, training loads, training history, strength and power in different muscles through the legs and upper body. Bodyweight and bodyweight progression. Flexibility, his current state of body condition, fatigue levels....the list goes on, can all play a part in injuries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back