Play Nice Scott Morrison in the Multiverse of Ministries.

Remove this Banner Ad

in which alternate universe do you exist?

You said Dutton will never be PM until later this week.

He's pointing out that Albanese is going to be Australia's PM still later this week, so if Potatohead wants to be a PM within later this week, it will have to be somewhere else

FTja8JRakAAnnhA

More like a couple of generations that sprung from the working class but dismayed to see thir next couple of generations may be back as struggling renters.

It’s like this myth that australia isn’t rich enough to look after all it’s inhabitants. The big fat Murdoch lie from which all the other lies spring forth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still hasn’t changed his Twitter bio, should I report it for being fake or suspicious

Sent from my Louis Vuitton Jaffle Maker

people have already done that - give the dude time, we just ended his professional life

I wonder how long Massola sat on that story? It wouldn't have made any difference in the end but it's not the sort of thing that Morrison would have wanted coming out during the campaign.
Yep.

And coupled with the revelation that it was Morrison himself who approved the immediate public release of information about the Sri Lankan boat arrival on election day (Murdoch's The Australian getting a pre-drop release just in time for the Saturday morning news run) we are starting to get a pretty good picture of just how cosy the relationship between certain media organisations and Morrison was.

Reckon more beans will be spilled on that relationship over coming months and years.

The one thing I really want to know about Morrison is whether he was an ambitious campaigner willing to say pretty much anything to stay in power and just happened to be religious, or if he was a US style evangelical willing to say pretty much anything to stay in power in order to pass religious legislation. Because he seemed very happy to sit there with absolutely no policy platform apart from the occasional targeted cash splash to buy votes in marginal seats, looking for photo ops while avoiding attaching his name to anything remotely unpopular at all costs, right up until it came time to try and ram that very unpopular religious discrimination bill through the house against the advice of his own colleagues. Obviously you're never going to get universal support for any policy but this is the one time I can recall him deliberately taking what he couldn't have imagined to be an election-winning stance.

The one thing I really want to know about Morrison is whether he was an ambitious campaigner willing to say pretty much anything to stay in power and just happened to be religious, or if he was a US style evangelical willing to say pretty much anything to stay in power in order to pass religious legislation. Because he seemed very happy to sit there with absolutely no policy platform apart from the occasional targeted cash splash to buy votes in marginal seats, looking for photo ops while avoiding attaching his name to anything remotely unpopular at all costs, right up until it came time to try and ram that very unpopular religious discrimination bill through the house against the advice of his own colleagues. Obviously you're never going to get universal support for any policy but this is the one time I can recall him deliberately taking what he couldn't have imagined to be an election-winning stance.

Overall the first, but with shades of the second.

I do reckon that some of ScoMo's religious views were genuine, explaining why he would try and ram through that bill, but beyond that he didn't seem to genuinely believe in very much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back