SEASON 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strong start from new media guy at the league. Have enjoyed the many articles in his first few weeks and hoping we get some over summer on the new faces for 2019.

Doesn't mind taking a few pot shots at the umpires. Maybe that's how it's done at EFL.

Doesn't mind taking a few pot shots at the umpires. Maybe that's how it's done at EFL.

About time to be honest. The umpiring in the Grand Final was terrible by one umpire in particular. The send off of Robbie Allen was a massive blunder with no consequences for the umpire that made such a poor call.

He's an ex umpire from the EFL

Anyone know what crowd turned up at the Div 2 grand final, seemed to be larger than the Div 1 ?

He's an ex umpire from the EFL

Anyone know what crowd turned up at the Div 2 grand final, seemed to be larger than the Div 1 ?

I’m sure I read somewhere that Div 1 was around 5k (AFLYR FB page or article in paper ??) if that’s the case then that’s enormous and easily justifies the Friday fixturing !!

They said on the day that D1 was about 4500. Not sure how many were all there at once though with 6 football clubs involved in the 3 matches.

I heard them say on the day that the Div 2 grand final was the 2nd biggest crowd ever but they didnt quote numbers

Local paper said there was 4.5k at yarra glen on the friday

About time to be honest. The umpiring in the Grand Final was terrible by one umpire in particular. The send off of Robbie Allen was a massive blunder with no consequences for the umpire that made such a poor call.

Interesting take on things. The fact the bloke got knocked out and took no further part in the game probably suggests otherwise, but hey, why let the truth get in the way of a good yarn.

The Friday concept was a winner for mine, I was a sceptic but the atmosphere at YG was fantastic and makes you wonder what the outcome crowd wise would have been with any sort of luck with the weather.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the new structure a few traditional games will disappear. Warby vs Healesville 'Anzac game', Mt Evelyn vs Wandin 'Professional Cup Rd1'. Any others?

Bandera was dismissed as he "lost the playing group". A combination of distance and not being the right fit at Powelltown resulted in the parting. James Iacono took on the acting role and did a good job, he has subsequently been appointed as Senior Coach for 2019. Powelltown have been very active recruiting and resigning players already.

Good appointment by Monbulk with ex WCE and Collingwodd player in Andrew Williams being the new Senior Coach - quality person and a ripping acquisition to the club and league.

Emerald looking for a new Coach after parting ways with Glenn Dale who thought he would be reappointed for a third year...

With the new structure a few traditional games will disappear. Warby vs Healesville 'Anzac game', Mt Evelyn vs Wandin 'Professional Cup Rd1'. Any others?
Great to see Brad Harvey as a new recruit for Barwon Heads Football Club in the Bellarine Football League - gave outstanding service as a two time premiership player with Wandin FC over the last 4 years and was introduced at the Barwon Heads Meet the Coach Day this afternoon

They will for a while considering that Healesville and Wandin will be in premier Division and Warby & Mt Ev in Division 1. Maybe Wandin and Mt Ev can continue the tradition as a marquee practice game seeing as it was always at start of the season?

Any news on Cranbourne...where they will be 2019?

I think they’ll be in our Premier Comp in 2019 ! 9 team Comp, everyone plays each other twice. Not sure if it will be a 16 game season or maybe a couple of “local match ups” for a 3rd time to make it 18 games.

Well done to Trevor Mac as well, fantastic job with the umpires and terrific person as well. Always thought he had a really good feel for the game when he was an umpire, highly respected individual !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back